Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Blacks and Latinos back California gay marriage ban

OK, I'm not reading all these comments but let me say this; I live in SF, and over 50 percent of people could not be bothered to get off their asses and vote. So instead of blaming blacks, who comprise only 13% of this country, look to the people who didn't vote.

I saw a website the other day about a synopsis of a protest they held down in LA. Some white gays were calling the black GAYS the N word and getting into a big altercation. So which is it, white first and then gay? Now the black gays don't get a say?

Today several Mormons came to our door and asked if their church had done anything to offend us and if so they apologized. Because all the gays have been picketing the Mormon Temple etc for their backing of the ban.

Me either, it's work to go back through all the posts but I happen to be bored now so I'm in it, lol.

I think this needs to go back through the courts. I also don't believe abortion needs to be turned over to the states, though, that's my thing, as a citizen of this country I want the same rights no matter what state I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    OK, I'm not reading all these comments but let me say this; I live in SF, and over 50 percent of people could not be bothered to get off their asses and vote. So instead of blaming blacks, who comprise only 13% of this country, look to the people who didn't vote.

I saw a website the other day about a synopsis of a protest they held down in LA. Some white gays were calling the black GAYS the N word and getting into a big altercation. So which is it, white first and then gay? Now the black gays don't get a say?

Today several Mormons came to our door and asked if their church had done anything to offend us and if so they apologized. Because all the gays have been picketing the Mormon Temple etc for their backing of the ban.
    1) More people should have voted

2) That's appalling. Ive never heard of anything like that in my life, and ive certainly never seen it. Abysmal and wrong.

3) Yes, they apologize for their organization being bigoted assholes, and they've taken quite the principled stand in staying with it and trying to get you to join. How noble of them.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    I'm really not worried about the 'other civilizations'...Native American cultures were apparently accepting of gay people, it's American at root.
    And also East Asia. Homosexuality in Europe didn't seem to be a problem until after the Roman Catholic church took over.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Sorry, but what the Native Americans, Greeks, Romans, or whoever did not frown upon has jack to do with the situation now.
    Seems to me that not paying attention to history is one of the biggest problems of American society. Learning history and how other societies (however ancient) worked is one of the best ways at making a successful and long living society. Why people dismiss the past always amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    And also East Asia. Homosexuality in Europe didn't seem to be a problem until after the Roman Catholic church took over.
    Why, that almost makes it seem like christianity might have something to do with homophobia. Lies, all lies...

Not quite true, it was punishable by death in the roman army.. i believe the term was Fustuarium, ritualized clubbing to death.. homosexuality was a crime

Greeks tho, no problems there
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^Depends on which area of Europe. The Romans were always bastards...

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    It doesn't matter what blacks or latinos feel. Gays have to battle the white majority, not the ethnic minorities. We don't feel you are co-opting the civil rights movement. The foundations are viewed differently across all lines, as Prop 8 pointed out.
    no. all groups have to be educated and taught that homophobia is wrong. not just whites. what kind of ridiculous thinking is that? even if you were just talking about the united states, it's still ridiculous to think only whites have to stop being homophobic. that's like saying it's ok for asians to hate blacks because only white racism matters.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It's always the white man's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Not quite true, it was punishable by death in the roman army.. i believe the term was Fustuarium, ritualized clubbing to death.. homosexuality was a crime

Greeks tho, no problems there
    In fact ,a Greek priest was caught on tape ,pleasing an illegal male,wearing a pink turd-cutter,and the video playing on tv for weeks..
    It was very entertaining for the general polulation,as were the jokes about it..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

uh, what's a turd-cutter?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

thong, i think.

ew.

xactly,lol...a thong,i just translated a greek slang word for it..sorry.

that's nasty.

I know..LOL

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information