Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Black National Anthem' brings Denver City Council president hate mail

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^Even if he did give her permission, I don't see why there's a reason for the hate mail, unless there's a thinly veiled ignorant excuse for it.
    Wouldn't be the first nor the last time it happens! However, it needs to stop...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I have always felt you can't have unity if you continue to divide. When will this stop? Probably never. Sadly.

That is the truth. As long as we have labels on things, and different races claiming something as belonging only to them, we will never have true unity.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    The hate mail part bothers me a lot. Sure she was wrong in singing it in the first place, but why the hate pail. Is it because she desecrated The National Anthem, or is it because she mixed it with Lift Ev'ry Voice...and people think the Mayor gave her permission to do both..
    It's about the National Anthem,period. Did you see the Mayor's face when she was singing? He was frozen-uh uh-he didn't know. Look at the uproar when Rosanne Barr screwed with it at the ball game. Last I checked-she is white. Hate mail? She almost got pulverized. News flash: people don't like for anyone to screw with the National Anthem. ALL people-not just white. This one had a severe lapse of judgement in this case. Painful at a time with Obama running and what should be a time of unity! Ya know-some of that hate mail could be coming from Obama's staff!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Her race isn't a factor for me, because what she did was just wrong. And whoever is sending the hate mail is wrong also..whether they are black, white, purple, or blue.

Lift Ev'ry Voice was written in the 1900's, and wasn't or isn't used to divide anyone.. I think most folks didn't know it existed until now.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Her race isn't a factor for me, because what she did was just wrong. And whoever is sending the hate mail is wrong also..whether they are black, white, purple, or blue.

Lift Ev'ry Voice was written in the 1900's, and wasn't or isn't used to divide anyone.. I think most folks didn't know it existed until now.
    I believe most of the South is familiar with it. It is truly uplifing and lovely. Anyone ever attending the New Orleans Jazz Festival has heard it done beautifully in differing ways. I want everyone to know and appreciate it also-just not under these circumstances!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information