Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black lawmaker wants paid Confederate holiday

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    My dad is the President and CEO of a company and since we've always celebrated it, he gives all of his employees paid vacation for Mardi Gras, following an office Mardi Gras party.
    That is the norm here. Schools, local government agencies, and non-essential businesses close. Most companies offer paid time off for at least Monday and Tuesday.

Speaking of the season

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The annoying as hell is why, when skimming, I don't tend to stop on your posts in any thread. Methinks that was a wise decision and should be implemented again. While you accuse me of being a closet bigot, your posts in race relation threads point to bigotry on your part. Pot, you looking for kettle? If you don't know what I support, don't make accusations and assumptions. You don't know what I posted, but you know what the posts stated? WTF?

Get real! People have the same stances on certain subjects like abortion, guns, and gay rights in almost every thread on the subject. If you get annoyed, your problem. I don't have time to care. That was a good attempt at deflection though.

Did I say you wanted a White History Month? That conveyed any culture should be able to celebrate its history if it so chooses. Context. Look that up while you're researching the Civil War.

Who are you to tell people how long they can have for a celebration? If 4 weeks annoy you, I hope they double it. Black History is shit? Another group's culture is shit? Can you be any more obvious? Support a Confederate holiday and call black history shit. Hmmm...

Back to skipping.
    blah, blah, blah....
    You sure seemed to pick up on it in this thread, so I think you're lying.
    Better yet, solve it real easily and put me on ignore.

And honey, you couldn't be any more obvious that you're homophobic, so clean up your back yard before you try to clean up mine.

*munches popcorn, and watcvhes the tennis ball fly over the net back and forth*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm German and damn it I want a vacation for D-Day, the day the Berlin wall came down, the Day WWII ended, and the day Hitler died.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

*busts out his "Hitler's Dead!" party hats
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Don't forget the tiny Hitler mustaches as well.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

PETS CAN JOIN IN!

^^^^
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Aww. How cute! Heil pussycat!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    blah, blah, blah....
    You sure seemed to pick up on it in this thread, so I think you're lying.
    Better yet, solve it real easily and put me on ignore.

And honey, you couldn't be any more obvious that you're homophobic, so clean up your back yard before you try to clean up mine.
    "Tend to". So you need an encyclopedia and dictionary now?

You couldn't be more obvious. You made it pretty clear how you feel about this shit. Pot, go scrub yourself before trying to clean the imagined kettle.

Homophobic? Please? I don't fear anybody, gay or straight, and I don't harbor abhorrence for any group as a whole. I also don't support any group one hundred percent, regardless of what the hell is going on. I don't have to agree with anything. That doesn't mean I hate it. Try something else.

Do you think I have to click a button to look right past you when I choose? At least one person believes it.

"tend to" what?
    You're just making yourself sound crazy.

And choose to ignore me, I couldn't give two shit about you, your opinions, your homophobic ways, or anything else involving you or your life. I don't come on to GR thinking, "Oh goody, Revel will read my posts today." So if you choose to ignore me, more power to you. I won't lose any sleep tonight.

And as far as me using the word "shit", I use it to describe a lot of thing. So get off your little racist calling rant and try this shit with someone that's not married to a man that's mixed with a little bit of everything.

And you clearly need to click a button to ignore me because for 4 pages you keep saying you are going too, yet you are still yammering on, as usual. So either you need to click that button, or you need to stop saying that you can ignore me because you haven't been able to do it yet.

Crazy? Go read the post you quoted. Should we add illiteracy to your evergrowing list of positve traits? Try the first line. Your posts on this thread have gone from showing an alternate universe's history to indicating you either can't see or read.

I said I can choose to ignore you when I want. I don't need the button and what you want and when you want it means just as much as your racist opinions and bullshit statements. Zero.

Why don't you do the same if you don't like it? Do you need directions to the ignore option? No words, of course. Strictly pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm totally okay with the scarlett letter... I'll take the "F", please
    You're such a raggedy bitch that you deserve two scarlet letters: A "U" will go nicely after that "F"

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Now all I can think of is:

We're here, we're queer.
    "Get used to it!" I love me a good chant!

Reminds me: My landlord is a clueless homophobic moron, in spite of (or maybe because of?) living in West Hollywood. I am seriously contemplating flying a rainbow flag from our porch just to piss him off.

Some one call the Cart Tart, we have a pick up available....I just hope they don't have to stop at a stop sign on the way....I know one of the riders will get up and argue with it.

What the fuck? A holiday for treason?

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    This is wrong. He was never forced into slavery just as I never owned a slave. There is nothing that can make up for the mistreatment of an entire race and I think it is better not to live in constant reminders of a dark history. Native Americans were treated horribly so do they get a special day? Irish immigrants were treated horribly do the Irish Americans get a special day? The list could go on and on but it does not change the past.
    Yes, Thanksgiving of course.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Are you serious? Maybe you should go back and reread a history book and put down that copy of Gone With The Wind. The primary reason why the South wanted to break free was because of the North's push to end slavery after the industrial revolution started. Southerners wanted to maintain that way of life and didn't like the North trying to tell them what to do.

And slavery wasn't as big in the North as it was in the South, primarly because there weren't dozens of gigantic plantations that needed to be worked. Now, that's not to say that the North were a bunch of saints, far from it. But slavery wasn't as big because there wasn't a need for the number of slaves that the South had. And the fact that the North wasn't fighting to maintain slavery while the South was stresses the point that the South needed slavery more.

And why should the Confederacy get a holiday? They lost the war. As for Black History Month, there wouldn't be a need for Black History Month, Women's History Month, etc if our educational system was more inclusive and balanced when talking about history.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Don't remind them Confederacy supporters the south lost. You will kill the hopes of those who think the south shall rise again.
    I have to find that episode of Family Guy again. A group of hicks were reenacting the war improperly (they changed the interaction between Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant) and Brian goes... "but you guys lost the war --" SHUT UP LINCOLN LOVER!
    Last edited by bychance; February 9th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information