Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Richardson endorses Barack Obama

^^ Latino voters vote democrat. Only Bush has been living under the false illusion that they vote Republican. Cuban voters, yes. Latino, no.

Gold Member

Will Obama alienate white voters by choosing a Hispanic running mate? The idea of a black President might be radical for some, but two non-whites on the same ticket might drive some white voters to McCain.

Obama will probably have to weigh this against attracting the small portion of Latinos who would vote Republican.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think Gore would be a great pic for veep. (if he would do it) It would be almost unbeatable...

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Will Obama alienate white voters by choosing a Hispanic running mate? The idea of a black President might be radical for some, but two non-whites on the same ticket might drive some white voters to McCain.

Obama will probably have to weigh this against attracting the small portion of Latinos who would vote Republican.
    Right. The battle is for independents. In light of Obama's race remarks, I believe he's lost quite a few of them. Then there's the 'blue-dog' democrats, traditionally conservative ones in the south. Unless Obama picks someone who can 'balance' the ticket in terms of race (and I don't mean color, I mean someone who is free of racial platitudes), then he will likely lose the blue dogs to McCain.

But, McCain has his own problems. He still can not shore up the conservative base. But again, in light of Obama's 'I have an excuse' speech, I can see many of them voting for McCain, simply as the lesser of two evils.

a bush asskisser with rove on his campaign is the lesser of two evils.. the world really is upside down
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Right. The battle is for independents. In light of Obama's race remarks, I believe he's lost quite a few of them. Then there's the 'blue-dog' democrats, traditionally conservative ones in the south. Unless Obama picks someone who can 'balance' the ticket in terms of race (and I don't mean color, I mean someone who is free of racial platitudes), then he will likely lose the blue dogs to McCain.
    I disagree. I think that all Obama lost with his speech was the people who weren't going to vote for him anyway. They weren't ever going to vote for him; they were just cautiously warming up to him because they hate McCain. They were just waiting for something to come out to prove their secret suspicions 'true' so they could pat themselves on the back and feel like they did the right thing by 'considering' voting for a Democrat. And these people are not his base at all.

For Obama's supporters, his speech and the way he handled this situation only reaffirmed why we support him. He didn't hide behind a publicist or offer platitudes. He faced it head-on, got out in the media and made every effort to answer all the questions. He handled it in a dignified manner and spoke to us as equals.

Richardson would be good for Obama when it comes to Latino voters, since on average Latino voters as a whole don't usually vote for black candidates.

Plus, they would balance each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Richardson digging into the GOP base in the south & west? HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Keep dreaming.
    Maybe McCain should keep dreaming that the GOP base will finally rally around him, since they haven't done it yet, even though he's the Republican nominee. All of the conservatives that I've talked to can't stand him, and are reluctant to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Richardson would be good for Obama when it comes to Latino voters, since on average Latino voters as a whole don't usually vote for black candidates.

Plus, they would balance each other out.

Maybe McCain should keep dreaming that the GOP base will finally rally around him, since they haven't done it yet, even though he's the Republican nominee. All of the conservatives that I've talked to can't stand him, and are reluctant to vote for him.
    That's because, in spite of all Grimm's protests, American conservatives know McCain isn't conservative. He isn't even a republican. He's a Democrat-lite. Even us stupid conservatives know a fraud when we see one, or a Republican in name only- and we're not falling for it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information