Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill O'Reilly's 'lynching' comment

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

OK: I think 'lynching' is a poor choice of words whenever a black person is being discussed. However, I actually saw him say this and it didn't seem racially charged. Just a poor choice of words that anyone who hates him will use as 'proof' that he's an evil racist, just like anyone who doesn't like Obama will take Michelles' comments out of context or use his history at that Muslim school as 'proof' he really isn't on our side.

Bill is often a self-righteous prick. However, this is what has made him a success. Calm, self-depricating people don't make for good TV or radio. People actually like to listen to people who make them angry sometimes as much as others like to listen because he reflects their views. That said, he deserves credit for being a HUGE voice for Jessica's Law and being very vocal on his show about judges who give child rapists lenient to non-existant sentences. He puts their names and pictures up there and these pervert appeasing assholes actually have to answer for the choices they have made. He has a huge audience, so that is a lot of people seeing that and writing letters and making a stink about these flimsy laws. So, I think most of us would agree that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I lean far left, too. I'm on the fence about the DP. I used to be so anti-death penalty...now, I almost couldn't care less.
    I was on the fence about it at first, however with the rising murders of pregnant mothers, babies, and kids..I got got off the fence. I am pro-choice, so the fact that I am for the death penalty doesn't make me look like a hypocrite.. If they ever do a moratorium on the death penalty I would not get upset...

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    OK: I think 'lynching' is a poor choice of words whenever a black person is being discussed. However, I actually saw him say this and it didn't seem racially charged. Just a poor choice of words that anyone who hates him will use as 'proof' that he's an evil racist, just like anyone who doesn't like Obama will take Michelles' comments out of context or use his history at that Muslim school as 'proof' he really isn't on our side.

Bill is often a self-righteous prick. However, this is what has made him a success. Calm, self-depricating people don't make for good TV or radio. People actually like to listen to people who make them angry sometimes as much as others like to listen because he reflects their views. That said, he deserves credit for being a HUGE voice for Jessica's Law and being very vocal on his show about judges who give child rapists lenient to non-existant sentences. He puts their names and pictures up there and these pervert appeasing assholes actually have to answer for the choices they have made. He has a huge audience, so that is a lot of people seeing that and writing letters and making a stink about these flimsy laws. So, I think most of us would agree that is a good thing.
    All his bad, outweighs his good deeds. He is racist, and it's not just the 'lynching' comment that makes him one, he is racist against blacks, latinos..basically ALL non-white people, especially the ones who are smarter and more successful than him.. He lies a lot about what people say, hold up that is Fox Lies motto...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

All his bad, outweighs his good deeds.
    So what? One thing I notice about far left people (don't know if you are or not) is that they are extremely reluctant to acknowledge any good deed performed by someone they have decided to hate. It's like they think they are 'giving in' or surrendering their beliefs if they dare allow themselves for one minute to give credit where it is due just because they don't like someone. That is a very black and white way of thinking and, incidentally, that type of thinking is one of the hallmarks of Borderline Personality Disorder. It seems very juvenile to me but people who act like that think it's perfectly fine to be so myopic because ,you know, they are the good guys and they know the real truth.

I'm not asking anyone to like someone they don't, it just seems so digging your heels in the ground childish and reminds me of a kid holding their breath when someone just refuses to acknowledge anything worthwhile about their enemy.

I'm just curious: I don't follow him all that extensively, so can someone please link me to some factually based information that supports that he is a racist. It seems like anyone who isn't a left winger gets accused of that. I swear, I'm not trying to start a fight, I really want to know. It seems from many of the posters here that anyone who doesn't toe the line and take the 'right' positions on any number of issues is apt to be labeled racist. It's like a control tactic and it's getting pretty flimsy since all people have to do to know that someone is a racist is 'just be able to tell'. You don't believe in welfare as a way of life?Racist. Don't approve of illegals getting Medicaid or food stamps? Racist. Just seems to be that way most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    All his bad, outweighs his good deeds.
    So what? One thing I notice about far left people (don't know if you are or not) is that they are extremely reluctant to acknowledge any good deed performed by someone they have decided to hate. It's like they think they are 'giving in' or surrendering their beliefs if they dare allow themselves for one minute to give credit where it is due just because they don't like someone. That is a very black and white way of thinking and, incidentally, that type of thinking is one of the hallmarks of Borderline Personality Disorder. It seems very juvenile to me but people who act like that think it's perfectly fine to be so myopic because ,you know, they are the good guys and they know the real truth.

I'm not asking anyone to like someone they don't, it just seems so digging your heels in the ground childish and reminds me of a kid holding their breath when someone just refuses to acknowledge anything worthwhile about their enemy.

I'm just curious: I don't follow him all that extensively, so can someone please link me to some factually based information that supports that he is a racist. It seems like anyone who isn't a left winger gets accused of that. I swear, I'm not trying to start a fight, I really want to know. It seems from many of the posters here that anyone who doesn't toe the line and take the 'right' positions on any number of issues is apt to be labeled racist. It's like a control tactic and it's getting pretty flimsy since all people have to do to know that someone is a racist is 'just be able to tell'. You don't believe in welfare as a way of life?Racist. Don't approve of illegals getting Medicaid or food stamps? Racist. Just seems to be that way most of the time.
    The fact that he even thought to say he didn't that blacks were or could act civilized after going to Sylvia's in Harlem, New York..is enough!! The man is very racist, ignorant, and rude. He good gets overshadowed in my head when he spews crap like that!! Yes, I lean far to the LEFT, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he went after companies who gave rappers commercials..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I do give Bill credit for exposing the farce that is the Red Cross after 9-11. And he's made a few salient political points as well. But he just became too full of himself, sorta like Bill Maher, and I just can't take that pompous attitude, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    I do give Bill credit for exposing the farce that is the Red Cross after 9-11. And he's made a few salient political points as well. But he just became too full of himself, sorta like Bill Maher, and I just can't take that pompous attitude, ya know?
    Yeah, Bill Maher might come off as a little full of himself sometimes, but, at least, he doesn't constantly put his foot in his mouth like O'Reilly does.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, Bill Maher might come off as a little full of himself sometimes, but, at least, he doesn't constantly put his foot in his mouth like O'Reilly does.
    Depends on what side of the foot you view it from! Eh, he's done it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Depends on what side of the foot you view it from! Eh, he's done it enough.
    True. But Maher never takes it to the extreme that O'Reilly does.

Funny, I notice the same thing about "far right" people -- their complete inability to give any credit to the opposition, lol. I actually don't think it's a function of being "far left" or "far right" -- those labels mean different things to different people in different parts of the world anyway -- it's a function of being unable to see the bigger picture. It's a very stupid politician who underestimates his opponent of ANY political stripe.

It seems a lot of Americans think you have to be "far left" to be against the death penalty, whereas in Canada and many other parts of the world, it's a given in a civilized society. And that's the case under many more right-leaning governments as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information