Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Maher to out gay Republicans

No he wouldn't have, that's for certain. He's slime for doing it.

In this case, the wife and kids are collateral damage.. still, is it better for them to be in the dark about his ways?

he could have brought any number of diseases back to her from his hooker meth orgies. that would not be fair.

I think this is the least of 2 evils, considering in the process we've dethroned him as a king of bigotry and intolerance, a scion of hypocrisy and self loathing.

If anything, he needs a good smack upside the head and then a bloody shrink, not some ex-gay ministry bullshit. That will only compound the problem.

Being happy is being self expressed, he needs to learn to live with who he is. Religion, in this case, does not foster that. It inhibits it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think getting to "know" folks like Sojita here and yes, even Grimm has somewhat changed my view of homosexuals in general.
    That's really good to hear. Dialogue is always a good thing...it leads to understanding and tolerance.

And yes, Grimm, I agree. He could have brought who knows what sort of disease home to the wife. Is it any different than exposing someone for having a straight affair?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

That is why he makes me sick. He could have exposed his wife to HIV or any number of other STDs. I would have respect for someone who stepped down from their pastor position, and quietly gone about either getting counseling, or divorce his wife and carry on with whatever lifestyle. But the fact that he totally lied, deceived, etc. but was still more than happy to accept the paycheck from the church is wrong.

I don't expect a preacher, or anyone for that matter, to walk on water and be without any sins or problems in their life. But this guy definitely was involved in on-going deception. This wasn't a one-time slip up.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

...yeah, and on top of that he was oppressing his own kind with hate and bigotry. I'm more worried about that than him "disappointing" some fundie wackjobs
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's a truism that when we get past the labels put on people the reality is that they're almost always just ordinary people like ourselves. I think message boards like this can help show that the more we think we are different, the more we are actually alike.

Some of the time, anyway.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ...yeah, and on top of that he was oppressing his own kind with hate and bigotry. I'm more worried about that than him "disappointing" some fundie wackjobs
    yeah i really don't understand the fucking self-hatred and taking it out on others! self-hate is one thing but the making everyone suffer b/c of it is another totally unncessary disgusting thing!

It's projection.. accusing everyone around you of doing what you are, whether they really are or not.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

gawd i hate closet cases

I never understood..don't A MAJORITY of these men know their gay before their even married?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

^^ Denial is a powerful thing.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

and NOt just a river in egypt!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information