Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barack Obama's strange ethnic politics

^ Please tell me she did not say "baby daddy'.....I dislike him even more now.
    That's just what this country needs, a ghetto mouth.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^
    Ummm.... yeah she did. I saw it when she introduced him at his acceptance speech. We really do not need to make trash talk like that commonplace in the public sphere by what are supposed to be highly educated and intelligent people. I'm sorry, but it was ghetto and I was disappointed. Bitch about racism and fucking sterotypes holding you back, then go on national tv and talk about your baby daddy.

^ I know right. I am lost for words, seriously, a presidential candidate or his wife using ebonics is just sad.

Gold Member

LOL, were you equally outraged when the blueblood was pretending to be a good ole boy? Since acting ghetto is out of the question maybe Obama should swagger and wear a cowboy hat instead.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

NO! Please not another cowboy in the white House
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

LOL, were you equally outraged when the blueblood was pretending to be a good ole boy?
    Actually, I cannot stand Bubbas, so yeah.
    However, realistically it hurts women/minorities more than white 'good ol boy' types to act in stereotypical ways because there are so many fewer of them in high positions. is that fair? No. But I don't envy anyone trying to be the first anything. If a white guy screws up as President, well, there are many other white guys that people liked and think they did a good job. When a woman/minority screws up then that goes to show that 'they' can't handle the job since there aren't a lot of others who have held that position that they can be compared to. Given that, I think it's best to avoid ghetto and slang. There are other ways to show you are down to earth without sounding like an uneducated welfare queen.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    LOL, were you equally outraged when the blueblood was pretending to be a good ole boy? Since acting ghetto is out of the question maybe Obama should swagger and wear a cowboy hat instead.
    Yeah, actually I was.
    I don't think a redneck or a ghetto thug should be our President. I think we need to have someone with a little class.
    Sorry if me saying "ghetto" offended you though.

Gold Member

If Clinton was a blueblood his nickname wouldn't be Bubba. It's funny how the Repubs made fun of his roots yet celebrated Bush's fake persona. The guy was born in CT and went to the best private schools money could buy. He's never been and will never be a born again cowboy. It was all an act. For Obama to be as ridiculous as Bush, he would have don a gold tooth and wear his pants hanging half way down his butt.

And regardless of what Obama says, he will always be accused of being too black or too white. Same with Hillary. She'll be either too girly or is acting too much like a man. Trying to please people who will never vote for you is just a waste of time.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

I think the "baby daddy" comment will suffice, the gold tooth and sagging pants don't have to be done.

Gold Member

What ever happened to the obsession with Hillary's cleavage? The right wingers were accusing of her using showing off the goods for money. That was my favorite "scandal".

"showing of the goods" and "Hillary" should not be used in the same sentence.

Gold Member

I know! it sounds insane, that's why that scandal never took off.I think as much as the right wingers hate her, I think she gets them all hot and bothered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information