Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama's spiritual advisor: Hillary Clinton ain't never been called a N*gger!

Lennon's song isn't about what it's like to be black. It's about how we treat women. This is not a contest.

I find the lyrics quietly moving, a bit like a soft blow to an old wound that's never quite healed. I think most people don't take time to think about it, but within whatever group we're talking about--blacks, whites, gays, straights, the elderly, the young--women are relegated to secondary status. There will always be exceptions, but they shouldn't have to fight to be "exceptions." Society doesn't much value that which isn't masculine. It's an insidious thing...people can get away with it because it doesn't seem blatant, immediate, or obvious in its harm but it does its damage.

I really can't imagine a girl reading those lyrics and mocking them.

And back on topic, Obama had better start distancing himself from this advisor guy before the general or it could really hurt him.
    Last edited by LastLook; March 14th, 2008 at 10:31 AM.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yeah no kidding. However when its tossed out at Hillary it's meant to cause a reaction.

You know, like when people call Obama a muslim. Nothing wrong with being a muslim either. If it anyone who uses it or takes it a bad way says a lot about them then what was the big deal regarding the pics of Obama as a Muslim.

Same thing.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    Lennon's song isn't about what it's like to be black. It's about how we treat women. This is not a contest.

I find the lyrics quietly moving, a bit like a soft blow to an old wound that's never quite healed. I think most people don't take time to think about it, but within whatever group we're talking about--blacks, whites, gays, straights, the elderly, the young--women are relegated to secondary status. There will always be exceptions, but they shouldn't have to fight to be "exceptions." Society doesn't much value that which isn't masculine. It's an insidious thing...people can get away with it because it doesn't seem blatant, immediate, or obvious in its harm but it does its damage.

And back on topic, Obama had better start distancing himself from this advisor guy before the general or it could really hurt him.
    Totally agree with this post as well.

Let me say guys that not one of us here know what slavery was like. We weren't alive. I know racism is alive and kicking and so is genderism. Sad to say, to me anyway, that this race is so "groundbreaking". There are black men and woman who have led other nations for years but we are just now coming around.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Sad to say, to me anyway, that this race is so "groundbreaking". There are black men and woman who have led other nations for years but we are just now coming around.
    Agreed. I hope by the time my daughter is older it has become common place for all races and genders to be running for President so people will actually discuss the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    They have had it better than black women.

Try this...

Quiz: African American History and Women

Some of them have, but not all white people were rich enough to have other people cook and clean for them (in fact most were too broke to have help). Many white women had to sell their own girls into homes as maids, or worked as maids themselves, where they were treated just as despicably as any other race of slaves.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I just watched it on the news and logged on to see if it was on here. I'm disgusted that we have a presidential candidate who aligns himself with this man and who identifies as a member of this extremely anti-American "church".

There's NO excuse for the hateful, racist, garbage that was flowing out of his mouth. NONE.

Knowing that this Obama is affiliated with this wildly racist and anti-American man and church is enough for me to say without a doubt that I would not feel safe if this man was our president.

If Hillary or McCain were affiliated with a church like this, people would be outraged and screaming for them to withdraw from the race. I'm sure this will be glossed over and everyone will defend Obama and make excuses, but for me, this is the last straw.

actually, he just said "fuck you" to the pastor in no uncertain terms LOL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Yeah, black women have it so badly. Just ask Oprah and all the other black celebs.

Also, try to get a job with the post office, as a white woman you can't. It's all about black women.

I am so tired of this mindset that white people have it so much better.
    That's funny. Because EVERY post office I've ever been in I've seen both white women & men working there. Hell, the post office by my house has a white guy working there that's a pre-op tranny who wears a red wig, make-up, fake boobs, earrings, etc. No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post

How can a song about women being the n*ggers of the world not have anything to do with black people?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Agreed. I hope by the time my daughter is older it has become common place for all races and genders to be running for President so people will actually discuss the issues.
    yes this is a ground breaking race. I am just sorry that the female candidate running I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw her and the black candidate who is running is now being shown to have people close to him that I wouldn't trust either.

I also wish that for once there wouldn't be any mudslinging and get to the heart of the issues and state the plans of correction for these issues instead of basically "just wait until I am elected then you will see results". um, yeah I've heard this song before in many,many elections unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I just watched it on the news and logged on to see if it was on here. I'm disgusted that we have a presidential candidate who aligns himself with this man and who identifies as a member of this extremely anti-American "church".

There's NO excuse for the hateful, racist, garbage that was flowing out of his mouth. NONE.

Knowing that this Obama is affiliated with this wildly racist and anti-American man and church is enough for me to say without a doubt that I would not feel safe if this man was our president.

If Hillary or McCain were affiliated with a church like this, people would be outraged and screaming for them to withdraw from the race. I'm sure this will be glossed over and everyone will defend Obama and make excuses, but for me, this is the last straw.

I agree with you. I've noticed though that his "denouncement" goes only so far as to the statements made by the man, not the man himself. Obama himself admits that he has long ties with this guy and cannot bring himself to "banish" him so to speak, and has rather sympathetic statements about him and their previous relationship. The fact that it took this long for Obama to say anything is a bit troubling, only after the furor did he make a statement. It's these little things that will start to chip away at any good will Obama had with those intrigued by him. I think many people would be wary of someone aspiring to be a president who associates himself with shady people and will not be truly proud to be an American and represent America to the world.

I also found it telling that Obama claimed to be unaware of his church and specifically his pastor's racist and anti-American nature. How is that possible? It tells me that he's either:

a.) Lying about not being aware of the ideology of the church.
    b) Lying about even BEING an active member of this church.
    c) Incredibly stupid, as their racist and anti-American sentiment is all over their website.

^^ You know that all would fly, if there weren't gay people who attend churches, that preach against who they were born to love. They don't share the churches doctrine on that, but they still attend! In some folks eyes they might be stupid, but in theirs the other sermons might outweigh the bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Yeah, black women have it so badly. Just ask Oprah and all the other black celebs.

Also, try to get a job with the post office, as a white woman you can't. It's all about black women.

I am so tired of this mindset that white people have it so much better.
    It is so funny that mentioned Oprah, and other black celebrities not all black women are Oprah, nor do all black people have the talent to become actors, actresses, musicians, ball players etc...

Also, the last time I checked the Post Office gave test to everyone who sought employment. After the test, they hire according to your SCORE, with vets, and widows of vets going to the top of the list!! This is the procedure of the United States Postal Office.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Totally agree.

Totally agree with this post as well.

Let me say guys that not one of us here know what slavery was like. We weren't alive. I know racism is alive and kicking and so is genderism. Sad to say, to me anyway, that this race is so "groundbreaking". There are black men and woman who have led other nations for years but we are just now coming around.
    Yeah, I agree. None of us know what slavery was like, since none of us were slaves or alive during slavery. But I don't think this had anything to do with the subject of slavery.

And I think this presidential campaign is groundbreaking to a lot of people, regardless of race or political party.

As for people that say Obama's connection to his pastor makes him look bad, that's true. I'm glad that he denounced the man, but I don't think that it will give the impression that he's racist or anti-American.
    But it's no different than Hillary and Ferraro. At least, Obama came out and denounced this pastor, Hillary didn't even come out and do that with Ferraro. But I think both Obama and Hillary need to start cleaning house with the nutjobs that they associate with.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ^^ You know that all would fly, if there weren't gay people who attend churches, that preach against who they were born to love. They don't share the churches doctrine on that, but they still attend! In some folks eyes they might be stupid, but in theirs the other sermons might outweigh the bad!!
    That has nothing to do with Obama. It's an attempt to distract from the situation. Obama's long time "spirtual advisor" is Anti- American and racist- and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. In fact if Obama is the nominee I don't even know that I'll vote anymore. I'm extremely turned off by all these new revelations about his church and their ideology.

If someone wants to run the entire country they should at least be proud to be American.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    That has nothing to do with Obama. It's an attempt to distract from the situation. Obama's long time "spirtual advisor" is Anti- American and racist- and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. In fact if Obama is the nominee I don't even know that I'll vote anymore. I'm extremely turned off by all these new revelations about his church and their ideology.

If someone wants to run the entire country they should at least be proud to be American.
    Obama's not the one that made the statements, his pastor did. And just because his pastor has a certain idealogy doesn't mean that Obama or his church have it. For example, you have Catholic priests that are pedophiles, that doesn't make everyone in their congregation pedophiles, too.

I don't know why people keep trying to attack Obama's patriotism, first the flag pin, then the alleged Pledge of Allegiance snub, and now this.

you're judged by the company you keep *shrug*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information