Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama's grandmother dies

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm not sure we can peg her as racist and/or evil in the context of today. She was a product of her time and obviously was close to both her not-fully-white grandkids.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    This man is showing his true mettle. I can't imagine the stress and pressure he's under, let alone the personal grief he's coping with that most people can do in private. The more I see Obama and the dignity and integrity with which he conducts himself the more certain I am he's the right man for the job.

We are about to witness a watershed in American and world history. This man is going to be an outstanding President.
    I totally agree. He handled what must have been his toughest speech yet with amazing strength and poise. If he can handle that he can handle anything. I only wish I could vote!

Of course I don't think that poor woman was racist, may she rest in peace. I was talking about her wonderful grandson outing her as one to make a point.

I don't like Obama and I will never like him. He is fake, has demonstrated remarkably bad judgment in the past and he's hailed as the new Messiah because he speaks well and he's the first African American whatever. He's Hollywood. No substance whatsoever. If the other camp wasn't so disgusting I'd be hoping for them to win.

Thats said, I hope all the USians in the board will go and vote for him and that with your insane electoral system he will manage to make it. And may he prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Of course I don't think that poor woman was racist, may she rest in peace. I was talking about her wonderful grandson outing her as one to make a point.

I don't like Obama and I will never like him. He is fake, has demonstrated remarkably bad judgment in the past and he's hailed as the new Messiah because he speaks well and he's the first African American whatever. He's Hollywood. No substance whatsoever. If the other camp wasn't so disgusting I'd be hoping for them to win.

Thats said, I hope all the USians in the board will go and vote for him and that with your insane electoral system he will manage to make it. And may he prove me wrong.
    I knew you would come in here with this bullshit. I hope if and when you lose somebody you love that you get shown the same lack of sympathy that you're showing for Obama. Karma has a way doing that.

Hell, I hate Sarah Palin, but if somebody in her family died I wouldn't be like 'oh well, whatever.' Because whether you like somebody or not, to show no sympathy or empathy is just being cold-blooded. And you're calling the other camp disgusting? Pot meet kettle.

Oh, and just for the record since you like to rewrite history, Obama never 'outed' his grandmother as a racist. In fact, he's gone out of his way to give her credit for helping make him into the man he is. But that part doesn't fit into your little paranoid rant, right? Continue.

I knew you would come in here with this bullshit

Then why are you getting bent out of shape like that? It's only my opinion.
    As for my karma, let me worry about it.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Eh, everyone's welcome to their opinion. I completely disagree about Obama but hey, to each his own. Oh, and he didn't 'out' his granny.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I knew you would come in here with this bullshit

Then why are you getting bent out of shape like that? It's only my opinion.
    As for my karma, let me worry about it.
    You stated your opinion and I stated mine. Case closed. Moving on to more important things.

How sad. Rest in peace. I really wish she could have held on long enough to see her grandson make ground-breaking history.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    This man is showing his true mettle. I can't imagine the stress and pressure he's under, let alone the personal grief he's coping with that most people can do in private. The more I see Obama and the dignity and integrity with which he conducts himself the more certain I am he's the right man for the job.

We are about to witness a watershed in American and world history. This man is going to be an outstanding President.
    Well said.

I take it you despise Bush, McCain, Cheney, Rice, and a host of other politicians, both in the US and abroad, based on the reasoning you give for disliking Obama.

Obama is fake? A politician? Fake on some level? OMG! NO WAY! *where the fuck is the eyerolling smiley when you damn well need it* Politics is nothing more than a chess game on a grand scale. You do understand the concept of the lesser of two evils? No one is calling him a Messiah. Anyone who didn't agree with Bush and isn't in agreement with the Republican policies is a breath of fresh air.

Whatever? Having a McCain moment in which a suitable noun escapes you or just being hateful? McCain is actually more out of touch with the people and more "Hollywood" as you so call it. Someone with no substance doesn't tend to become successful.

The Americans today are responsible for the electoral college? Right. Let's blame everyone today for something set up over two hundred damn years ago.

You seem to just be on a hate bender. Since America is so screwed up, I take it you a, don't live here and b, will never visit.

Being screwed up can have some perks!

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I take it you despise Bush, McCain, Cheney, Rice, and a host of other politicians, both in the US and abroad, based on the reasoning you give for disliking Obama.

Obama is fake? A politician? Fake on some level? OMG! NO WAY! *where the fuck is the eyerolling smiley when you damn well need it* Politics is nothing more than a chess game on a grand scale. You do understand the concept of the lesser of two evils? No one is calling him a Messiah. Anyone who didn't agree with Bush and isn't in agreement with the Republican policies is a breath of fresh air.

Whatever? Having a McCain moment in which a suitable noun escapes you or just being hateful? McCain is actually more out of touch with the people and more "Hollywood" as you so call it. Someone with no substance doesn't tend to become successful.

The Americans today are responsible for the electoral college? Right. Let's blame everyone today for something set up over two hundred damn years ago.

You seem to just be on a hate bender. Since America is so screwed up, I take it you a, don't live here and b, will never visit.

The name Hilton ring a bell?

^^Love her or hate her, the bitch has excellent marketing skills. Sadly, that does qualify as substance.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Yup. Hate most of them. But none of them are worshipped the way Obama is.

Obama is fake? A politician? Fake on some level? OMG! NO WAY! *where the fuck is the eyerolling smiley when you damn well need it* Politics is nothing more than a chess game on a grand scale.
    You don't say! You had to read Brzezinski for school too? I know a lot more about politics than you might think. The question is, does Obama? And will he be smart enough to surround himself with people who know wth they are doing? Biden seems like a good choice so far so perhaps we, the rest of the world, can be optimistic.

You do understand the concept of the lesser of two evils? No one is calling him a Messiah. Anyone who didn't agree with Bush and isn't in agreement with the Republican policies is a breath of fresh air.
    No one can compare to Bush. Considering the state of the economy alone, voting Republican again would be suicide. I did say that I wouldn't virtually vote for Obama if the other side wasn't so scary. So, lesser of two evils, for sure.

Sweetie covered me on success and lack of substance. As for McCain, he's a disgusting old coot who, on morals alone, would have been crucified if he was a democrat. The man's a joke

But.... it makes no sense!!? Why don't you fight about it? People living in states that are strongholds of the other party are practically disenfranchised. I'm hoping that Obama will win despite the nutty system that gave us Bush Jr the first time

I've never been, actually but I already have the tickets for New York, for Christmas. So unless something happens with my visa, I'm coming. It's been a childhood dream to visit New York. And I don't always like American policies or politicians but I have American friends online and in rl and I love them to pieces.

Bleh, this is getting too wanky. It was completely inappropriate to hijack the thread like that. In all seriousness, I feel for Obama, it was a very bad time for his grandmother to go and I'm sure that if he wins it will be a bittersweet moment. She seemed like a lovely person.

Elite Member

Default Re

Until about 4 months ago I was very skeptical of Obama. But as time went on, I noticed that contrary to how the GOP likes to paint him as some airy-fairy ideologue, he laid out detailed plans based on his policies well before McCain presented anything. When he talks, it is with common sense and substance. He doesn't talk down to the voters.

I could give a hot crap whether he's black, white, or polka-dotted.

That's really sad she didn't live to see him (hopefully) become President.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information