Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Barack Obama's alleged gay sex and drugs limo party

^^Hillary on the Supreme Court? That would actually be a pretty damn good idea. That would keep Hillary in the political realm for the rest of her life, well beyond what she could have as president. And, plus, we need to start balancing out the people that Bush put on the Court, and Hillary would be just the ball-buster to do it. And that's actually a compliment to Hillary, not an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Agree with everything you wrote, crackho. Whether somebody is an Obama or Hillary supporter, whoever gets the nomination will have to have the support of the party behind them. If the Obama and Hillary supporters decide NOT to vote out of spite if their candidate doesn't get the nomination we will be paving the way for McCain and the Republicans to keep the White House for another four or eight years. And while McCain is smarter than Bush, he's just Bush with a brain, and that makes him more dangerous.

Of course. Every week. I didn't really like the panel Bill had on this week, though. They were kind of boring and stiff. Although Tom Brokaw was funny.
    Yeah, I didn't like that damn panel...too right for my liking, plus boring as all hell!! I caught a rash, due to my allergy to right wing bullshit. Enjoyed Tom even though he left out stonewall, and the beginning of the gay rights movement..then gave some bs response about while on with Charlie Rose.. You have to include all the civil rights movements of that era, if you mention one!

Hillary on the SC is wonderful!! Let's do it!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I would much rather have Hillary on the SC for life than as President for a few years, at this point.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Yeah, I didn't like that damn panel...too right for my liking, plus boring as all hell!! I caught a rash, due to my allergy to right wing bullshit. Enjoyed Tom even though he left out stonewall, and the beginning of the gay rights movement..then gave some bs response about while on with Charlie Rose.. You have to include all the civil rights movements of that era, if you mention one!

Hillary on the SC is wonderful!! Let's do it!
    Well, remember, Bill kept accusing Tom of being gay.

And, yeah, the panel was too right-wing and conservative for me. Although the Rolling Stone reporter Matt Tiabe helped balance that out.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Well, remember, Bill kept accusing Tom of being gay.

And, yeah, the panel was too right-wing and conservative for me. Although the Rolling Stone reporter Matt Tiabe helped balance that out.
    Yeah, he kept accusing him of that..either as a dig because he was in hot water with gay people or that he left that out because he's on the DL! Matt Tiabe will balance out the RNC convention..he even balanced out the people in South Carolina!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Yeah, he kept accusing him of that..either as a dig because he was in hot water with gay people or that he left that out because he's on the DL! Matt Tiabe will balance out the RNC convention..he even balanced out the people in South Carolina!
    I thought he was just doing it because of the stupid pocket protector Tom was wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    I hope Obama makes a deal with Hillary to appoint her to the Supreme Court if he's elected, in turn for her full support. She'd be a perfect replacement for Ruth.
    This is a brilliant idea. Email it to them! Seriously.

I'd like to add in on Nafta , because it gets way too much play about how it has destroyed so many American jobs...

Nafta only affects trade between the US, Canada and Mexico. The biggest categories are Motor Vechicles, Computers, Textiles and Agricultre.

Take a look around your home and see how many of your products in these categories are made in Mexico or Canada......it's going to be a really small amount. Maybe none at all.

My car is Japanese, but was made at a plant here in the US....It's the American auto industry that has moved to Mexico, but the US Auto industry has been dying since the 70's anyway, because no one wants to drive American cars. It was on it's last legs way before NAFTA existed.

Most clothing/textiles are made in the Pacific Rim or Central America (which isn't in the NAFTA agreement) for the mass market, and in Europe (Italy mainly) for higher end goods. I work in fashion for 17 years, and I manufacture and import mainly from China.....look at your labels.

The computer I am sitting here on is a Dell, it's made in China.

Most of the goods we use are made in Asia, which still has tarriffs. I pay them on every piece of clothing or footwear my company manufactures that we bring into the US.

These manufacturing jobs were driven overseas a long time ago, and it wasn't due to NAFTA. The trade with non-NAFTA countries has always out grown trade with NAFTA members. These jobs went to Asia, not Canada and Mexico.

Textiles (part of my industry) has been affected the most but even the effect there is negligable, because goods imported from Mexico still cost way more than goods made in China....even with the cost of the tarriffs paid and shipping from China. And in this business if I can get equal goods for a lower price, that's part of my job to do just that. So the trade goes to China hands down.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; February 23rd, 2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^True, American industry in some areas was already dying to begin with. But NAFTA hasn't helped that fact. And in places where people rely on the auto and textile industries for work, NAFTA has hit them the hardest. So, you can't really downplay the impact that NAFTA has had. I voted for Bill Clinton twice, but even I thought he screwed up when he pushed that through.

I understand about there's been some impact on what was left of the US auto industry, but they have been closing down factories since the 1980's. Michael Moore made "Roger & Me" in 1989 all about the impact, NAFTA wasn't in place until 1994. The US auto industry died in the 80's, when people realized that the Japanese made better, more fuel efficent cars cheaper than we did. Reaganomics had way more of an impact on this industry than NAFTA.

The textile industry in the US was dead when I started in the business in 1991. There were a few mills left in Carolina, and that was all. The combined share of the U.S. textile and apparel industries to the U.S. gross domestic product declined from 2.80 percent in 1950 to 0.45 percent in 2001 The US couldn't compete with China, they are the monster in this business. Mexico doesn't even come into play. In 17 years I have never made anything in Mexico. China, Vietnam, Turkey, South Korea, The Phillipines, Pakistan, India, Guatemala, Honduras, yes- but they aren't a part of NAFTA.

The consumer has played a huge role in this too....Constantly demanding cheaper prices.

I had a meeting with Wal-Mart about 5 years ago, with my old company. They were looking for t shirts that were made in America, and would have an American flag printed on the front. But they would only pay $2.00 per shirt. It couldn't be done by anyone they had met with. It was all I could do not to open my big mouth and point out the fact the reason they couldn't get this project done, was that Wal-Mart was a good part of the reason that we have no US textile industry anymore. We just thanked them for their interest and passed on the program. They never were able to get it done at the price they wanted. 1 in 10 of every 40 ft shipping container that ships from China to the US is for Wal-Mart. They bring in over 700,000 containers a year from China by themselves.

We need to take a look at our trade agreements with Asia, but the US consumer will never want to pay the price that goods would cost if they were made in the US.

Granted- this wasn't Bill Clinton's finest hour, but we have lost our trade to Asia. China has become the world's supplier of almost everything.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information