Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Barack Obama wins South Carolina Primary by substantial margin

A*O

I know what you mean, but when the President of the United States is on the very brink of impeachment because of his private behaviour and the lies he told to cover it up it does become public business. Their marriage is most definitely about power and that's how a lot of marriages operate, especially people in public life. My other issue with Hillary is all that Whitewater business. I don't think she's an honest person. No wait, she's a politician, OK my bad LOL
    How can you trust anything that bleeds for 3 days every month but doesn't die?

What president HASN'T lied to the American people? While I would prefer that the leader of a country -- or anyone for that matter -- be faithful to their spouse, it hardly means they're unfit to rule. It's curious that nobody is mentioning that Nixon WAS impeached and for far serious matters than diddling an intern. Bill Clinton is a sex addict and a liar, but at least he's not a thief, a war profiteer or an idiot like any of the Bush clan.

A*O

I never said Bill Clinton was unfit to govern, in fact I think he was one of the 'better' Presidents in recent history and most certainly better than the idiot whose currently in charge God help us. My original point is that Hillary chose to stay with him and I think that says a lot about her character, not all of it admirable. She is a ruthless pragmatist and that's probably good in a politician, in fact I'd say it was essential. I just wish she'd at least TRY to sugar coat it with a bit of human warmth, compassion and humour. And what about the debacle of the public health system she was famously going to overhaul. If that was an example of her ability then I think it's something to be concerned about. HOWEVER, if it came to the crunch and I had to pick between Hillary and Obama, I'd still probably go for her because she has the experience (good and bad), knows how Washington works and knows the right people. And she has Bill. Never underestimate Bill.
    How can you trust anything that bleeds for 3 days every month but doesn't die?

Lots of women choose to stay with unfaithful husbands for all kinds of reason and they are not all "ruthless pragmatists" although Hillary probably is. Very few people willingly give away the kind of power she and her hubby have known. As for the health care debacle, it's a bit facetious to dump all the blame for that on Hillary's doorstep. There were so many powerful interests working against: 1993 Clinton health care plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that it didn't have a chance. Maybe if she is elected, she'll have a better chance the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I think a lot of people dislike Hillary because she comes across as basically not a very likeable person. I find her lack of warmth or sincerity combined with ruthless ambition very offputting. A lot of women dislike her because she has been tolerating the humiliation of her husband's serial philandering, public and private, for years and being the smart woman she is, the only possible explanation for that is because she knows that without Bill's ring on her finger her political career would have been a non-starter as a senator, let alone Presidential candidate. People don't like First Ladies with brains and attitude. She should have known her place and remained barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Remember how unpopular Eleanor Roosevelt was?
    Yeah, I agree about Hillary's personality. She's not really a likeable person.

As far as First Lady, I think you're right about people's perception of her, especially women. But I don't think it's that people want a First Lady with no brains or attitude, but it's that people don't want a First Lady who thinks she's the co-president, which Hillary did. I think people got the impression that when they elected Bill, they got a 2-for-1 deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Ok, here's the thing. His philandering should have never came up, it never interfered with his Governing, so who cares. What a women decides to do in her relationship really doesn't have a thing to do with anybody. See, I don't think if she kicked him to the curb, she would be where she is today. There marriage seems to be built more on power, respect, and care... The only person that it had an impact on was Chelsea..she was the only one who didn't know and was innocent in everything. The republicans who called for his impeachment were screwing everything that he wasn't. I didn't feel lied to, I didn't care..he didn't like to me, he was trying to protect his daughter. Like I said their marriage seems to be more about power than anything else, and yes they had great make up sex...with other people.
    I guess what I am saying is..if I am not involved with the person doing the cheating why should I be angry or upset, since I am not directly involved!
    Same here. I could care less who Bill Clinton was screwing. Like you said, it didn't interfere with his job. I didn't elect Bill because I wanted him to be faithful to his wife. Plus, it's not like Bill was the first president in history to cheat, and he won't be the last. At least, he's not like Bush and giving his girlfriend a high-profile job like Condi got.

I got more pissed off that the Republicans wasted $40 million dollars of our tax money just to prove that Bill lied about screwing around with the White House intern. Especially while most of them were doing the EXACT same thing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information