Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barack Obama tours with "pray the gay away" retard; tosses gay vote out window

.. Why can't we rule said swinefolk with an iron fist covered in a fabulously designed corinthian leather glove?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

you do dears, it's called the fashion world. Look at all the stupid things y'all make us wear!!
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. Why can't we rule said swinefolk with an iron fist covered in a fabulously designed corinthian leather glove?
    You just described karl Lagerfeld.

Yes, but not old, waving a fan and weird.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckpony View Post
    He lost my vote when he appeared on the Tyra Banks show.
    I think Obama was taking a page out of Bill Clinton's book, since he appeared on Arsenio Hall's show back in the day and played the sax, and it went a long way in helping Clinton win the young vote. The difference is Tyra's show is a hot ghetto mess, and Arsenio's show actually had some credibility.

Hit By Ban Bus!

From your favorite news source I'm sure Grimm...

Black Versus Gay Politics Has
    Barack Obama Tied in Knots

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

By Carl Cameron

Barack Obama trails Hillary Clinton among black voters but the entertainment planned for his upcoming African American gospel outreach project has another key liberal constituency — gays, lesbians and transgenders — outraged.

Obama has announced that he will include an openly gay minister in this weekend's event, but gay rights groups are still steaming about the inclusion of Donnie McClurkin in the "Embrace the Change" concert tour.

In a letter to Obama obtained by FOX News, the National Black Justice Coalition complains that Obama's concert is being headlined by "gospel music's most openly homophobic artists; the most volatile of which is the Rev. Donnie McClurkin."

"Your willingness to share a stage with Rev. Donnie McClurkin is alarming and, frankly, deeply disappointing. Rev. McClurkin has consistently disparaged gay men and lesbians, spread half-truths and unproven theories about our lives and has shown a willingness to work with those who would use the rights of gay Americans as a wedge issue to divide black families for their own cynical political objectives," wrote NBJC Chief Executive Officer H. Alexander Robinson.

"The fact that Rev. McClurkin uses his religious beliefs to justify bigotry and discrimination is so damaging that it cannot be addressed with a simple media statement no matter how heartfelt or sincere," Robinson continued.

Human Rights Campaign President Joe Solomonese also called on Obama "to facilitate face-to-face meetings with religious leaders, like Rev. McClurkin, and the GLBT community to confront the issue of homophobia.”

"There is no gospel in Donnie McClurkin’s message for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people and their allies. That’s a message that certainly doesn’t belong on any presidential candidate’s stage,” Solomonese said.

McClurkin, a Grammy Award winner and Pentecostal minister, is wildly popular with black Christians in the South. He considers himself an "ex-gay" and has called homosexuality a "curse," suggesting that "countless" homosexuals are unhappy with their "lifestyle" in part because "they were thrust" into homosexuality by abuse and molestation.

McClurkin said he is not on a crusade to cure gays but welcomes anyone to his ministry who seeks to change their gay lifestyle.
    Also booked to perform on Obama's gospel concert tour is "Mary Mary," a sister duet, one of whom said of homosexuality: "I feel how God feels about it ... but I still love them. ... I don't agree with the lifestyle, but I love them. They have issues and need somebody to encourage them like everybody else — just like the murderer, just like the one full of pride, just like the prostitute; everybody needs God."

Despite pressure on Obama from left-wing Web logs and gay advocacy groups to remove the controversial performers from the program, he has not done so; however, he issued a statement distancing himself from the reverend's views.

"I have clearly stated my belief that gays and lesbians are our brothers and sisters and should be provided the respect, dignity and rights of all other citizens. And so I strongly disagree with Rev. McClurkin's views and will continue to fight for these rights as president of the United States to ensure that America is a country that spreads tolerance instead of division," he said.

Obama repeatedly has spoken out against homophobia in the black community and on several occasions to large church congregations. But that's not good enough for the NBJC and other gay groups that accuse anti-gay black religious leaders of spreading hate.

A Winthrop poll of African Americans in South Carolina shows that upwards of 70 percent have a negative opinion of homosexuality. But politics also is in play. The NBJC was founded by the well-known black, gay Clinton administration official, Keith Boykin.

He was the first openly gay official in any White House and coordinated the first public meeting between a president and leaders of the gay community.

On his blog, Boykin, who was a classmate of Obama's at Harvard law school, said he is not involved in the controversy but summed up the Obama campaign's dilemma.

"If they disinvite McClurkin, they run the risk of offending black voters who are inspired by McClurkin's message and don't know or don't care about the gay controversy. If they go ahead with McClurkin, they run the risk of alienating gay voters who have supported and contributed to their campaign since the beginning," he wrote.
    Clinton has her own issues, which highlight the tightrope Democrats have to walk between liberals and the largely socially conservative African Americans needed to win the Democratic nomination and the White House.

Earlier this year, the New York senator's campaign crowed about her support from the Rev. Harold Mayberry on issues about crime and education. Mayberry is the pastor of the First African Methodist Church in Oakland, where he has preached against homosexuality to a congregation of 2,800. He has compared gays to thieves.

In an odd twist, McClurkin has performed at the Republican and Democratic National Conventions, though he calls himself a Democrat and says he supports Obama because he is the best chance for change.

FOXNews.com - Black Versus Gay Politics Has Barack Obama Tied in Knots - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Obama's a nice guy and I like him, but he's a politician.

John Kerry, Dennis Kucinich, Ron Paul and Mike Gravel all speak the truth and that's why they're not getting any real play time. Especially Kucinich.

Look for Bill Richardson to come up in the play/polls.
    What the?! I meant John EDWARDS.

And that was not a Freudian or other slip. Don't like Kerry.

Damn, Obama, you can't be making stupid mistakes like this if you want to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think Obama was taking a page out of Bill Clinton's book, since he appeared on Arsenio Hall's show back in the day and played the sax, and it went a long way in helping Clinton win the young vote. The difference is Tyra's show is a hot ghetto mess, and Arsenio's show actually had some credibility.
    I don't know that Arsenio's show actually had all that much credibility, it just wasn't quite as embarrassing and ghetto as Tyra. Really, what would be the equivalent of Arsenio nowadays to help win the black vote? Nothing is as mainstream as Arsenio was.

Is Barack Osama really a Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I don't know that Arsenio's show actually had all that much credibility, it just wasn't quite as embarrassing and ghetto as Tyra. Really, what would be the equivalent of Arsenio nowadays to help win the black vote? Nothing is as mainstream as Arsenio was.
    Arsenio's show had some credibility because it appealed to a wide demographic and major celebrities & politicians weren't ridiculed if they came on it. Tyra is just a ghetto wanna-be Oprah.

And the truth of the matter is Obama's not going to win the bulk of the black vote because Hillary will get the bulk of that voting block because of Bill's popularity in the black community.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^And together they could win, which is why they're both being pimped so early, all in the same breath.

^^Exactly. Together they would be an unbeatable ticket.

Girls on top though!! Obama needs to play second dude for awhile and get his feet wet with the whole shark tank thing.

I think Arsenio was pretty mainstream as a NIGHT talk show, and Tyra is pretty mainstream as a DAY talk show, and those have completely different demographics. But I never felt like Arsenio was a 'black' talk show (just like I never felt like In Living Color was a 'black' comedy show). I'm not sure if that was because they were less segregated in some aspects back then, or if I was too young to notice the racial implications of things (but I grew up in Detroit so I doubt that). It certainly seems like there's nothing on par with those two shows today... well, maybe Chappelle Show... but even that was on cable.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information