Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama starts the first day with a little Rahm Emmanuel

When the victim mentality is finally jettisoned.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

when people like theplotterist are writing history, we don't ever all become just americans.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

*shines up his German-Canadian button*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by theplotterist View Post
    Who feels guilty here? Not me.

I'm not a denier of history just to run away from my sense of guilt and obligation. If any one of my statements above are not true, show me. I'm willing to learn.

BTW, the history of my own family is well known.

Sorry the history of African Americans turns you so ugly, vindictive and hysterical. That's a lot of emotional baggage to be carrying about a people you claim to owe nothing.

I'm sorry to point this out to you, theplotterist but the only one who is hysterical in this thread is you. I haven't seen anywhere that Mel has been ugly or vindictive.

She nor I or anyone else owes anything to anyone but ourselves and our children.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

In defense of the Plotterist, slaves did build the White House, he/she was correct about that.

However, just because I'm white, doesn't mean I owe you, or any other African Americans anything. Ok, you just got the right to vote in 1964, that was almost 50 years ago. There have been plenty of opportunities provided since then. All that matter is if you've taken advantage of them, or complain that you're owed more.

2) There are many forms of discrimination, particularly against women, and most recently, the obese. There is discrmination against almost everyone at any point in their life, so I'm not buying that argument.

So who rebuilt the White House after the Brit-Canadians marched to DC and burned it down?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

The Italians I'm Sure!

THANK you very much...............

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    So who rebuilt the White House after the Brit-Canadians marched to DC and burned it down?
    They didn't cover that part on the History Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    So, we should blame Spain, right?
    No, no. Not Espana. It's what happened on the way from Espana to DR that fucked up everything. Fuku, I tell you. LOL.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

damn Dominicans are hot!

^^

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    In defense of the Plotterist, slaves did build the White House, he/she was correct about that.

However, just because I'm white, doesn't mean I owe you, or any other African Americans anything. Ok, you just got the right to vote in 1964, that was almost 50 years ago. There have been plenty of opportunities provided since then. All that matter is if you've taken advantage of them, or complain that you're owed more.
    First, I'm not African American. I'm white (as far as I know.) Second, I don't think anyone owes anyone anything (does that make sense?)

Out of sheer defensiveness, people belittle the contribution that African Americans were forced to give to this country. African Americans do not the same immigrant experience as the Irish or the Germans, and shouldn't be viewed as such.

To compare the immigration waves after 1850, and the struggles they endured, to the African American experience is ludicrous.

Yes, those immigrants were vital. They proved that the US didn't need slavery to become strong and successful. But they were never, ever, slaves themselves and forced to create a nation for their masters.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    when people like theplotterist are writing history, we don't ever all become just americans.
    yeah, if you could eliminate folks like me then all good Americans can ignore places like NOLA during Hurricane Katrina and believe all Americans are treated exactly the same and are exactly alike.

yeah, if you could eliminate folks like me then all good Americans can ignore places like NOLA during Hurricane Katrina and believe all Americans are treated exactly the same and are exactly alike.
    oh, that's right - Katrina was racist. I'm not going to argue with you. More of the blame (if not all of the blame) for what happened during Katrina should be laid on the locals (not local blacks, mind you - politicians). Having been born & raised in Louisiana, you find very few who actually evacuate during hurricanes - no matter what the media said. Katrina, and what happened afterwards, was more of a class issue than a race issue. But, then again, I don't view New Orleans as a "chocolate city", thank you much Nagin.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

First, I'm not African American. I'm white (as far as I know.) Second, I don't think anyone owes anyone anything (does that make sense?)

Out of sheer defensiveness, people belittle the contribution that African Americans were forced to give to this country. African Americans do not the same immigrant experience as the Irish or the Germans, and shouldn't be viewed as such.

To compare the immigration waves after 1850, and the struggles they endured, to the African American experience is ludicrous.

Yes, those immigrants were vital. They proved that the US didn't need slavery to become strong and successful. But they were never, ever, slaves themselves and forced to create a nation for their masters.
    You're right those experiences can never be compared, because they were different. Just like Native-Americans being wiped out is different than what blacks or any other groups went through. Those are ALL parts of history that should never be forgotten. But it's one thing to remember and honor the past, it's another thing to dwell on it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information