Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 113

Thread: Barack Obama starts the first day with a little Rahm Emmanuel

  1. #46
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,439

    Default

    i know; I dont relate to be a woman either sometimes. i hate all categories i guess. anyone who know me irl will tell you i'm not like a regular "normal" girl. why must we defined by such bullshite?!

  2. #47
    Elite Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a Handbasket
    Posts
    5,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theplotterist View Post
    Well, West Africans would not have traded without an established market. And it was largely Arabs who did the trading.

    If your forefathers felt there was nothing in this country, no cities or canals or dams or public buildings or levees or cotton or tobacco, that they could use or use the products of, then I guess you have a rare history indeed. Nothing was here for them, except raw earth?

    I don't know why you feel cornered into some personal guilt trip. You aren't Nathan Bedford Forest and neither am I. Still, knowing the history of our country is important, no? I don't think that "it wasn't me!" is a good excuse for not knowing how our country functions, warts and all.


    Are you trying to say that only slaves built everything in the USA? You really do need to do your research. A lot of people built this country from slaves, to the dirt poor, to the very rich. Not everyone in America owned slaves. It's very fucked up to lump all the hard working farmers, ranchers and anyone else that broke their backs taking care of their own with slave owners.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

  3. #48
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theplotterist View Post
    Well, West Africans would not have traded without an established market. And it was largely Arabs who did the trading.

    If your forefathers felt there was nothing in this country, no cities or canals or dams or public buildings or levees or cotton or tobacco, that they could use or use the products of, then I guess you have a rare history indeed. Nothing was here for them, except raw earth?

    I don't know why you feel cornered into some personal guilt trip. You aren't Nathan Bedford Forest and neither am I. Still, knowing the history of our country is important, no? I don't think that "it wasn't me!" is a good excuse for not knowing how our country functions, warts and all.
    I agree with you that people should know the history of America. But that history also includes some free blacks who owned slaves and some Native-Americans who owned slaves too. It wasn't to the extent of whites, but it's still part of American history.

  4. #49
    Elite Member MrsMarsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    7,238

    Default

    Yes people should know the history, the end. Opinion is respected back to that sexy picture of Rahm.

  5. #50
    Elite Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a Handbasket
    Posts
    5,447

    Default

    We should know ALL history, not selective history.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

  6. #51
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    You may not have personally participated, but you've enjoyed the results.

    A lot of blacks have also enjoyed the results. I'm so sick and tired of people thinking that if you're white you have everything handed to you. This is a new generation and I'm not taking blame and neither is my son.
    Enjoyed what results? We didn't get our civil right to vote until 1964. We still continue to be discriminated in many ways I couldn't begin to list and explain them all. I'm not enjoying shit. But us black folk should be happy cause we ain't in Africa no more, so we should be grateful, lol. The most insulting thing that has been said that "the blacks" can't "whine" about racism anymore because we elected a black/biracial president! The fucking nerve.

    When sites like this still exist: Stormfront White Nationalist Community - Discussion Board for Activists

    Everyone [all people] have the reason and right to speak about discrimination and the perils of race relations in America. Why are black people always told to 'get over it'? As if the affects of slavery don't still trickle? Many African American's grandparents alone may have been slaves themselves or great grandparents. People make it seem like it was BC time!!

    OK one more thing -- I apologize, it was my small comment that started this 1 1/2 page conversation rant.

    Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    White guilt apparently is gone and white defensiveness is in full force.
    This.

    That's what I was getting to. Many white people (I'm not talking about the crazies over at Stormfront either, we all know they're insane) are acting as if the white race is being oppressed. Newsflash: the majority of America is white. No, "the blacks", all 12% of us, are not going to take over America.

  7. #52
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Enjoyed what results? We didn't get our civil right to vote until 1964. We still continue to be discriminated in many ways I couldn't begin to list and explain them all. I'm not enjoying shit. But us black folk should be happy cause we ain't in Africa no more, so we should be grateful, lol.

    OK I apologize, it was my small comment that started this 1 1/2 page conversation rant.
    I think what she's talking about is the fact that blacks, like everybody else, do enjoy the benefits of living in one of the most powerful countries in the world. While discrimination still exists for a lot of groups things are better than they used to be, even though there's still work to be done.

  8. #53
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,469

    Default

    Still, knowing the history of our country is important, no?
    Good to see you think that way, especially considering you know jackshit about the actual history.

  9. #54
    Elite Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a Handbasket
    Posts
    5,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think what she's talking about is the fact that blacks, like everybody else, do enjoy the benefits of living in one of the most powerful countries in the world. While discrimination still exists for a lot of groups things are better than they used to be, even though there's still work to be done.
    Yep! Thanks, King... It's good that people like us are able to see out of the box (most of the board can... not all, obviously, but most), that things are not just black & white... No pun intended.

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Good to see you think that way, especially considering you know jackshit about the actual history.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this...
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

  10. #55
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think what she's talking about is the fact that blacks, like everybody else, do enjoy the benefits of living in one of the most powerful countries in the world. While discrimination still exists for a lot of groups things are better than they used to be, even though there's still work to be done.
    Yes, discrimination exists. It exists for a hell of a lot of people - many different colors. You would think we would one day get to a point where the whole "race" thing would stop cropping up. I mean, how many true blue, honest to God, nary a drop of any other race, white or black people are there? I do think it speaks volumes that the majority may be white and a black man can now be elected. I think it's wonderful.
    And as far as history goes, I'll go with George Bernard Shaw: We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  11. #56
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Yes, discrimination exists. It exists for a hell of a lot of people - many different colors. You would think we would one day get to a point where the whole "race" thing would stop cropping up. I mean, how many true blue, honest to God, nary a drop of any other race, white or black people are there? I do think it speaks volumes that the majority may be white and a black man can now be elected. I think it's wonderful.
    And as far as history goes, I'll go with George Bernard Shaw: We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
    I don't know if we'll ever get to that point where race stops cropping up. It would be nice, though.

  12. #57
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,439

    Default

    I kinda think there will be a day like that; everyones "mixed"/"mixing" anyways.

  13. #58
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I kinda think there will be a day like that; everyones "mixed"/"mixing" anyways.
    Not as long as these people exist: Stormfront - White Nationalist Community

  14. #59
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post


    Are you trying to say that only slaves built everything in the USA? You really do need to do your research. A lot of people built this country from slaves, to the dirt poor, to the very rich. Not everyone in America owned slaves. It's very fucked up to lump all the hard working farmers, ranchers and anyone else that broke their backs taking care of their own with slave owners.



    Our Capitol and White House were built with slave labour. Our early economic power, by which we could elicit the French, the Dutch and the Russians as allies, was based on slavery. All the early ports were built, and the swamps drained, by slaves and reaped enormous profits from the slave trade (which means your immigrant relatives enjoyed some benefit right there.) The only mass exports the US had to offer for hundreds of years were cotton and tobacco. Guess who planted, maintained and harvested those crops so the US could fund it's early government?

    Slaves were rented out regularly to poor farmers, trappers, new business owners. Sure, they could claim that they never owned a slave.

    Imagine your work has no personal value to yourself, your body is owned, it is the tool of someone else. In a sense, your own muscles and skills are an enemy since they are not your own. All your talents are the property of your owner.

    How can you compare that condition to a anything else where, no matter how meager, the results of a man's labour are his, his talents are his own to sell as he sees fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I agree with you that people should know the history of America. But that history also includes some free blacks who owned slaves and some Native-Americans who owned slaves too. It wasn't to the extent of whites, but it's still part of American history.
    I don't know how a few blacks owning blacks mitigates the fact that European Americans passed laws that made ownership of an African American legal for their own economic betterment.

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Good to see you think that way, especially considering you know jackshit about the actual history.
    What have I got wrong?
    Last edited by Tati; January 28th, 2009 at 10:05 AM.

  15. #60
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,983

    Default

    yes, not one poor farmer ever worked or contributed anything to this country. holy fucking shit
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Congresswoman hangs up on Barack Obama & Rahm Emanuel
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
  2. Rep. Rahm Emanuel accepts offer to be Barack Obama's chief of staff
    By kingcap72 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: November 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 21st, 2008, 10:15 PM
  4. Hillary Clinton campaign starts 5-point attack on Barack Obama
    By january in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
  5. Hillary Clinton starts the attack on Barack Obama!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 20th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •