Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barack Obama should maximize exposure, diffuse Palin-mania

I think the negative stories are starting to have more of an affect- the Defenders to Wildlife ad apparently was really affective and there is going to be more.

Anonymous the hacker group managed to hack into her Yahoo account which she used during Troopergate. I think the next week or so will be very very interesting.
    Hackers break into Sarah Palin’s inbox! | Tech Voice

Some of the emails/pics found in the account.

I want to know where the hell is PETA.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I think the negative stories are starting to have more of an affect- the Defenders to Wildlife ad apparently was really affective and there is going to be more.
    Ooh! I haven't seen this ad. Is it on the web anywhere? (Preferably other than YouTube, which is blocked at my work...)

^^ Sorry, I could only find it on Youtube:

YouTube - Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund - Brutal

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Thanks for trying. I"ll just have to watch it at home later.

That's a good ad!

My sister is very conservative soccer mom type and we learned years ago to not discuss politics. Then we had dinner together Monday night and she shocked me by blasting Palin.

She said she cannot support the ticket even though she is a die hard republican. She doesn't feel she can trust anything Palin says. She has children roughly the same ages and she went off about what a bad job Palin has done with her kids and that she is willing to sacrifice them for her own advantage. I defended Palin and said that women should have the same freedoms as men who are not held accountable for their kids. She countered by saying she would feel the same about a man if his son had damaged the school buses and daughter was pregnant. She felt strongly that the kids are reacting from resentment of knowing they come last to their mom. She then pointed out her lack of experience in leadership and foreign affairs. I was shocked but pleased to see she gets it. There is hope.

^^ I think quite a few republicans see that- its just because of the raa raa media coverage made out that she was the second coming and now that honeymoon is over the polls seem to reflect that. Although I am scared that people will fall for her shit without examining the issues or what she really stands for.

^^ I think quite a few republicans see that- its just because of the raa raa media coverage made out that she was the second coming and now that honeymoon is over the polls seem to reflect that. Although I am scared that people will fall for her shit without examining the issues or what she really stands for.
    I think most of those people would have voted a certain way regardless.

Someone on SodaHead said 'give it up Obama, your 15 minutes is up!'

I hate that place...needless to say.

Just found an article on a poll regarding this DoWAF ad.
    Thursday, September 18, 2008

Outside-the-Box Ad Moves Voter Sentiments

One of the advantages of 527 groups is that they tend to be less subject to the sort of groupthink that permeates most every political campaign. Would the Bush campaign, on its own, ever have come up with something like the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth? And would they have wanted their branding on it? My guess is definitely not to the latter question, and probably not to the former.

Likewise, this unorthodox ad put together by a group called the Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund is something we almost certainly wouldn't have seen from the Obama campaign, which has improved its advertising in recent days, but which still operates within a relatively narrow range of messaging:
    [youtube]EQobIUE1zTU[/youtube]

Why is this significant? Because according to a MediaCurves analysis, this is "the first ad in over a month that seems to have broken through", scoring extremely strongly according to their metrics and shifting a net of 6 points to Obama-Biden among a focus group who viewed the ad (just barely statistically significant given the sample size).

By comparison, the '1982' ad put together by the Obama campaign itself (technically entitled 'Still') -- their seeming attempt to operate outside the box -- scored rather terribly. Although, the send-up below is mildly amusing: (EDIT -- This ad is a SATIRE, in case that wasn't abundantly clear. The original ad is here.)
    [youtube]DR0k_-IFqJk[/youtube]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information