Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama lies in ad, fact check slaps him for it

Well from what Grim says, it won't matter who wins the election because we will all be in line for toilet paper and bread.

Well, people are already losing their homes and with rising prices some are having a hard time buying staples like milk or bread. It's not so far-fetched.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

We may have not technically in a recession in Jan. but any asshole could see the economy was in bad shape and getting worse......unless you are McCain and have 10 house.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

^^ Or go on vacations to private beaches in Hawaii while the man who financed your mansion is headed to prison.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

I haven't been following closely enough. Why are you so anti-Obama? Just because you're republican?

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    ^^ Or go on vacations to private beaches in Hawaii while the man who financed your mansion is headed to prison.
    Maybe if Obama had enough houses where he could lose count he wouldn't have to travel anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I haven't been following closely enough. Why are you so anti-Obama? Just because you're republican?
    I'm not a republican. I am a conservative. Big difference.

I am anti-Obama because I am 180 degrees opposite everything he espouses. And his want to let babies who survive an abortion just die is nothing short of being a monster. I don't call that hope. I call it sick.

Then there's the 'China has a better infrastructure' crap. The man is absolutely clueless as to China, let alone our own country. Their infrastructure is so good, 10,000+ people died in an earthquake in the countryside. And people think Bush is dumb? Holy crap.

I certainly do not like McCain whatsoever. But geez, Obama is an empty suit, all style and no substance. He has proven time and again over the past two months, especially at Saddleback. Above my pay grade? Please.

Kingcap, class warfare NEVER works in a campaign, esp. from another elitist like Obama.

I'm not a republican. I am a conservative. Big difference.

I am anti-Obama because I am 180 degrees opposite everything he espouses. And his want to let babies who survive an abortion just die is nothing short of being a monster. I don't call that hope. I call it sick.

Then there's the 'China has a better infrastructure' crap. The man is absolutely clueless as to China, let alone our own country. Their infrastructure is so good, 10,000+ people died in an earthquake in the countryside. And people think Bush is dumb? Holy crap.

I certainly do not like McCain whatsoever. But geez, Obama is an empty suit, all style and no substance. He has proven time and again over the past two months, especially at Saddleback. Above my pay grade? Please.

Kingcap, class warfare NEVER works in a campaign, esp. from another elitist like Obama.
    Are you serious? McCain came from a fairly well-off background and then married into MORE money, after dumping his first wife. Obama came from a working class single parent home, put himself through school, including Harvard, and whatever money he has he earned came from writing two best-selling books. So, on what planet would Obama be elitist? Because he went to Harvard? You've got to do better than that.

I don't see how Obama is elitist at all. I seriously don't get that.

Sorry, tkdgirl, I didn't know you weren't republican. My bad for assuming. Now. His inexperience is a valid issue. And any abortion related issue is a hot-button topic, so I understand how that would shape your opinion.

But I just don't get the heated hatred for him otherwise. At worst, I might be a little wary of Obama's limited track record, given that McCain has made such a huge impression on me as a big, fat, "No fucking way" in my book.

But I will tell you this: I am far more willing to take a chance on an "ivory tower liberal" before I'd trust a clueless, over-privileged, old white republican. The previous 8 years was enough of that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Are you serious? McCain came from a fairly well-off background and then married into MORE money, after dumping his first wife. Obama came from a working class single parent home, put himself through school, including Harvard, and whatever money he has he earned came from writing two best-selling books. So, on what planet would Obama be elitist? Because he went to Harvard? You've got to do better than that.
    Yes, McCain's wife crap is all bullshit too, which I've gone over and over before.

John Kerry: Est. net worth- 200M+
    Ted Kennedy: 45M+

And the list goes on, both parties. You act like Obama is the only person to ever come from a working class family and be successful. He isn't.

Tell me. Would you be affected if your income was reduced by $100 a month? I bet it would. Well that's what you can look forward to under Obama's tax plans. That's right. You know that little exemption for SS tax for the first 100K? Well it goes bye bye. Which means, a working class family- maybe a cop and a teacher, who make $120,000 combined a year, will pay MORE taxes because Obama wants the cap lifted. So that means the remaining 20K gets taxed at oh 6% or so, which is 1300 a year more.

You want class warfare? That's it. Taking money out of YOUR pocket, and redistributing it to others. Elitist? You betcha.

But...

Its pointless. ALL federal politicians are elitist. Including your guy, Obama.

I don't see how Obama is elitist at all. I seriously don't get that.

Sorry, tkdgirl, I didn't know you weren't republican. My bad for assuming. Now. His inexperience is a valid issue. And any abortion related issue is a hot-button topic, so I understand how that would shape your opinion.

But I just don't get the heated hatred for him otherwise. At worst, I might be a little wary of Obama's limited track record, given that McCain has made such a huge impression on me as a big, fat, "No fucking way" in my book.

But I will tell you this: I am far more willing to take a chance on an "ivory tower liberal" before I'd trust a clueless, over-privileged, old white republican. The previous 8 years was enough of that.
    I would vote for Hillary Clinton before I'd vote for Obama. And if you know me, that should speak volumes.

Heated hatred? Not even close. Because I vehemently disagree with him doesn't mean I hate him. Why is it when someone disagrees, it automatically becomes hate? Never got that.

But, if that's the measuring stick, then this board is filled with hateful people, especially considering the shit said about Bush.

Yes, McCain's wife crap is all bullshit too, which I've gone over and over before.

John Kerry: Est. net worth- 200M+
    Ted Kennedy: 45M+

And the list goes on, both parties. You act like Obama is the only person to ever come from a working class family and be successful. He isn't.

Tell me. Would you be affected if your income was reduced by $100 a month? I bet it would. Well that's what you can look forward to under Obama's tax plans. That's right. You know that little exemption for SS tax for the first 100K? Well it goes bye bye. Which means, a working class family- maybe a cop and a teacher, who make $120,000 combined a year, will pay MORE taxes because Obama wants the cap lifted. So that means the remaining 20K gets taxed at oh 6% or so, which is 1300 a year more.

You want class warfare? That's it. Taking money out of YOUR pocket, and redistributing it to others. Elitist? You betcha.

But...

Its pointless. ALL federal politicians are elitist. Including your guy, Obama.
    I know Obama's not the only person to come from a working class background. But I guess we have different definitions of what an elitist is.

conservative... funny. Nobody in congress is conservative. The ones who call themselves conservative rack up 10 trillion debts, fuck prostitutes and spew Jesus bullshit out the sides of their face while doing blow.

Conservatism = cowardice, inflexibility, and shame.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well-said and right-on my friend.

Actually, if you are speaking of the social security tax structure, then you are completely, 110% wrong on this one. Obama's plan is specifically targeted to give tax relief to people making under $250k / year. Those people really would see a tax cut.

For your reading, from CNN Money:
    'In addition to wages up to $102,000 - the current cap on salary subject to the payroll tax, which funds Social Security - Obama would also tax amounts over $250,000.

In other words, income between $102,000 and $250,000 would be protected.

Obama's stated goals are to better fund the Social Security program - which faces a long-term shortfall - and to make the system more progressive. Currently, the vast majority of Americans pay the Social Security tax on 100% of their income because they don't make more than the $102,000 wage cap. By contrast, very highly paid taxpayers only pay Social Security tax on a portion of their income. People who make $204,000, for example, only pay the tax on 50% of their income.'
    What Obama means by tax the wealthy - Jun. 27, 2008

And straight from Obama's plan:
    'As part of a bipartisan plan that would be phased in over many years, he would ask those making over $250,000 to contribute a bit more to Social Security to keep it sound.

Despite the many smears of his opponents, Obama does not support uncapping the full payroll tax of 12.4 percent rate. Instead, he is considering plans that would ask those making over $250,000 to pay in the range of 2 to 4 percent more in total (combined employer and employee). This change to Social Security would start a decade or more from now and is similar to the rate increases floated by John McCain’s close adviser Senator Lindsey Graham and that McCain has previously said he “could” support.'
    Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Seniors

Oh, so what? People, even politicians, aren't allowed to go on vacation to take a break once in a while? Maybe just to take a break from an often grueling campaign trail? Or even just to see a family member, or spend time with his wife and kids?

Your hatred, and that's exactly what it is, don't deny it, for a man who hasn't had a chance to fully show the country what he can do, is uncalled for. Politicians are not made of steel, and wether you like them or not, they do deserve a break just like anyone else, even if they are the biggest asshole on Earth, or not.

Seriously. Learn to think outside the box on these people. All you do is attack, attack, attack, and attack some more, and half of the time, you have nothing to base it on, other than just another opportunity to take another cheap shot on another politician you don't like, likely because of just the abortion thing. Get used to the idea that women have a choice on what to do with our bodies, and our fetuses, and our babies, and learn to accept the fact that Obama appreciates that. Sure, you yourself can be prolife, and that's fine. But we cannot live in an entirely prolife America, because 1.) There's a shitload of people on this Earth who do NOT deserve to breed, and 2.) Over crowding would become an issue overnight.

Oh, and before you say anything about McCain not having a chance to show the country what he's all about, remember, McCain has been in politics since the '70s. Obama's only been a politician since only recently. You can't even begin to tell me, that you'd be willing to vote for a man who's seriously considering bringing back the draft, doesn't think the economy is in bad shape, and thinks unemployment rates are low. Unless, of course, you're rich, and aren't seeing what the average person has to struggle with, everyday.

If you really give a damn about where this country is going, you won't vote for McCain. All he is, is Bush with a brain, and a hair trigger temper, and that's dangerous. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information