Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama goes insane, puts Hillary Clinton's name up for nomination

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I just tried to block it out like it didn't happen. Both times.

I get depressed, and pissed, when I think of how much Bush has fucked this country up all the while wearing that stupid smirk on his face.
    After I sobered up....I got all proactive. [In '04] Me and a friend of mine who is a very fine attorney started drawing up plans for a nationwide class action lawsuit against Booosh and Co. The biggest stumbling block was figuring out a way for all citizens to have "standing". "Mental distress" was at the top of our list....

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i swear to gawd.

^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    After I sobered up....I got all proactive. [In '04] Me and a friend of mine who is a very fine attorney started drawing up plans for a nationwide class action lawsuit against Booosh and Co. The biggest stumbling block was figuring out a way for all citizens to have "standing". "Mental distress" was at the top of our list....
    I wish we could file a class action suit against Bush, Cheney and Condi.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    everyone, i need a hug im scared
    {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}

I am really trying to be my optimistic self, trust me I have dears also. I remember how angry I was in 2000, then in 2004 I thought I'd never get over the hurt of 4 more years of Bush.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

see, this highlights what I've been saying and how this move will be perceived:

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 8:13 PM

Hong/AP

Hillary Clinton may not get her party's nomination, but her roll call at the convention means she's stealing the show from its presumtive star, Barack Obama.

Russia rolls over Georgia, Hillary Clinton does the same to Barack Obama. Now we know who's boss.

Obama blinked and stands guilty of appeasing Clinton by agreeing to a roll call vote for her nomination. That he might not have had much choice if he wanted peace only proves the point that he's playing defense at his own convention.

What does he get out of it? Not much and not for long.

The fleeting sense that he is a magnanimous nominee won't get him a single vote he wouldn't get anyway. Ditto for the idea that he's going the extra mile to unify the party. Those who refuse to accept him as the legitimate winner aren't likely to do so just because he caves into her demands.

It makes him look weak and ratifies Clinton's sense of entitlement to share party leadership and the convention spotlight.

It was supposed to be his party. Now it's theirs. His and hers.

The substantive problem for Obama is that he is already underperforming against John McCain. He limped across the finish line in the primaries and, since Clinton conceded in June, his poll numbers have flat-lined.

In the face of that lackluster showing, his choices have been curious. The time spent in Europe and now in Hawaii might have been better spent courting the white, working-class voters who have proved immune to his charms.

Trying to bring them into the tent by agreeing to Clinton's growing demands is a poor substitute for direct appeals. She might not be able to deliver them, even if she tries.

Yet already the list of what Hillary wants and what Hillary gets is unprecedented for somebody who lost the nomination. She gets a prime-time address where she will be introduced by daughter Chelsea. She gets her own team to produce a hagiographic video of her.

Hubby Bubba gets a prime-time speech on Wednesday night. And Hillary gets a platform plank that uses "glass ceiling" language right out of her speech to suggest she would be the nominee if not for sexism.

A few more big-ticket items and she'll be the co-nominee. Maybe that's the point.

It reminds me of a Cold War joke about how the Russians view a compromise. They come to the table and announce the rules: What's mine is mine, what's yours is negotiable.

How would President Obama respond?

I think we just found out.

Barack Obama blinks in Hillary face-off
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    yes, but look how Hillary has positioned herself.

She never ended her campaign, she merely suspended it.

she's gotten her followers to inject "sexism" claims into why she (apparently) lost a campaign she has not quit, even hough it was her own mismanagement and campaign infighting

she's managed to turn Obama's night into HERS

She's going to fuck him. Hard. And he's letting her. She's probably got him backed into a corner for a VP spot.

Idiot.
    Not with Michelle around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Not even. Shitlery and her supporters would collectively have a cow or commit Hari Kari or some shit.

Oh you can bet your sweet ass there is going to be one hell of a showdown and it's going to be Chicago '68 x a fucking thousand. Now they've got their foot in the door, do you see them wasting such an opportunity? Hell to the no. And the Dems will LOSE and rightly so.

Come on. Do you really think all 18 million Hillary voters are still sticking with her after Obama won the nom? The vast majority of them have moved on. We are talking about a loudly vocal minority of her supporters who are batshit insane and Hillary does nothing but encourage their pathology. She could easily have said "Ok ladies, Obama won the nom, I know it's disappointing, but we've got to get behind him so the Dem wins the WH" to try and calm them the fuck down and stop this destructive bullshit. But nooooooooooo she couldn't do that so this is ALL ON HER. I frankly don't give a flying fuck what the "PUMA'S" want. I'm one of the OVER 18 million voters who voted for OBAMA and HE FUCKING WON so WE have more rights than Hillary voters. So get the fuck over it already and stop trying to foist her onto the rest of us.
    Uh, she has. More then once, actually. She attended one of Obama's thingamabobs and everyone cheered at her statements.

I hope her supporters aren't seriously going through with voting for McCain at this point, and when they announced that they would was just their hyperventilation of her lost.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Uh, she has. More then once, actually. She attended one of Obama's thingamabobs and everyone cheered at her statements.

I hope her supporters aren't seriously going through with voting for McCain at this point, and when they announced that they would was just their hyperventilation of her lost.
    Except Hillary, and Bill's, support of Obama has been half-ass, and some of her die-hard supporters know it. Obama has to watch himself at the convention, because I don't put anything past the Clintons at this point.

But, for Hillary's sake, she better not try anything. How she conducts herself at the DNC will determine her political future.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

I was just about to say that, she has said over and over that we have to unite the party and give full support to Obama. They've both used each other (her for campaign money and him for votes). What else is she supposed to say or do? And there is no doubt in my mind that the majority of her supporters will vote for Obama. The small percentage that stay home or even vote for McCain probably won't make much of a difference.
    Last edited by nycgirl; August 16th, 2008 at 03:15 PM.

Elite Member

This will be a very interesting convention. Certainly it is historic that both contenders for the Democratic nominee were ground breaking, whether black or a woman. A black woman would be the perfect storm.....just as long as it's not Condi Rice....

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    This will be a very interesting convention. Certainly it is historic that both contenders for the Democratic nominee were ground breaking, whether black or a woman. A black woman would be the perfect storm.....just as long as it's not Condi Rice....
    Now that's something we can agree on. Darth Condi should NEVER be president. She's already done enough damage as Bush's girlfriend/secretary of state.

Elite Member

Kingcap I am the bluest of the blue. I feel sure there are many things we can agree on.

Scooter, we may not agree when it comes to Obama and Hillary, but I'm sure we'd agree on a lot of other things politically. Besides, it'd be boring if we agreed on everything. Where's the fun in that?

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

A friend bet me $100 that the Shrub would never win the second time around. I'm sorry to say I was the winner there.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodancer View Post
    A friend bet me $100 that the Shrub would never win the second time around. I'm sorry to say I was the winner there.
    Yup, you were...whowouldathunkit?!?!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information