Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama dives into abortion debate, raises eyebrows

^ I remember reading an article over here about women who have had late term abortions when they discovered their baby had a cleft lip. How can that even be allowed? It's disgusting. Here is a link I found, you should read it. cmf.org.uk - Abortion for disability past 24 weeks - information on: Abortion, Current Abortion Debate, HFE Bill, Abort, Abortions, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Termination of Pregnancy

^^ I think the fact that was published by the 'Christian Medical Fellowship' says it all. They're an evangelical group.

Here is the mission statement:

One of CMFs aims is to mobilise and support Christian doctors, medical students, and other healthcare professionals, especially members, in serving Christ throughout the world - including the UK. The overseas mission team at CMF is known as HealthServe and provides a range of support and information services for those with an interest in using their skills in developing nations. CMF also aims to equip and encourage its members in the UK so see outreach as a privilege for every Christian, whatever work they do.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That wasn't the only source, if you search you can find many links about this. The fact is that people do abort babies because of cleft lips, which is absolutely absurd.

^^ Not in America...which is where this thread is about....

The US does not allow third trimester abortions for cosmetic reasons...like cleft lip

I am quite sure there are a lot of links about this, because the religious fanatics can get false information out there.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Yes, I understand this was about America, I got a bit sidetracked. But here is an article from the Telegraph. Babies with minor disabilities aborted - Telegraph Not a religious fanatic site!

^^ In China they abort them if they're the wrong sex....guess which sex is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^^ In China they abort them if they're the wrong sex....guess which sex is wrong?
    China is a whole different ball game. Their human rights record is appalling and it is very sick what goes on.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I do not argue that there is never one single solitary case of some nutjob woman who chickened out at the last minute over something trivial. But really, the numbers of people like that are so miniscule that it does not warrant some mass legislation as though it's some kind of epidemic happening left and right, or even regularly. I still say that abortion foes look to sink their hooks into anything negative about any kind of abortion and blow it out of proportion to make the average dumb American think there is some movement of women wanting to cut their baby's throats when they are halfway out of the vagina. They want people to associate all abortion with late term abortion and they want them to have that visual I just described whenever an abortion of any kind is discussed.

I'll say it again: there are not too many abortions. Too many irresponsibly unplanned pregnancies? Yes. But there should be more abortions, not less. I only get pissed when people actually have the kids they can't financially or emotionally support and expect the rest of us to pick up the tab. That's when it becomes my business.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    To the best of my awareness the only late term abortions have happened for severe medical reasons. IMO, it's just a pathetic scare tactic that works on the average ill informed person and just attempts to further promote a negative perception of all abortions.
    Mostly because the law didn't allow for late-term abortions otherwise. But whose to say someone wouldn't decide 8 months in that an abortion would be better for them than waiting a month and choosing adoption? Anyone can claim mental distress - it's like pain. A 1 on the pain scale for one person could be 10 on the scale for another. And you can't prove otherwise because it's personal perception and there's no definitive medical test.

So I agree with those that say 'mental distress' should be clearly defined when applied to late-term abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    China is a whole different ball game. Their human rights record is appalling and it is very sick what goes on.

Yes, but it's the parents that abort the female fetus......not the government (it's actually illegal to perform these gender type abortions in China)

I have no issues with any type abortions, women can choose what's right for them....I think it's better to never be born, than born and mistreated...just my opinion......who am i to say what's ok for another woman

I think the whole ' it's a woman's body, she can do as she pleases' has to have a limit, for me anyway, when it comes to abortions. When someone has an abortion at the point where they are so far gone in their pregnancy, carrying a baby that if born, would survive, I don't think it's right to not question that and just think there's no problem with that as it's her choice. Unless of course there are serious problems. But I know most women wouldn't just suddenly decide to abort a late term pregnancy, and that luckily most are done early on in the pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I think the whole ' it's a woman's body, she can do as she pleases' has to have a limit, for me anyway, when it comes to abortions. When someone has an abortion at the point where they are so far gone in their pregnancy, carrying a baby that if born, would survive, I don't think it's right to not question that and just think there's no problem with that as it's her choice. Unless of course there are serious problems. But I know most women wouldn't just suddenly decide to abort a late term pregnancy, and that luckily most are done early on in the pregnancy.
    I guess perhaps I think maybe the kind of person that would choose a very late term abortion for a trivial reason is probably the type of mom that would neglect or abuse her child. The kid is fucked either way in my eyes.

I don't have a problem with questioning her choice- and privately may very well do so, but it's not my place to create laws to stop her. I have a real issue with laws that only affect my gender.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I have a real issue with laws that only affect my gender.

EXCELLENT POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, but it's the parents that abort the female fetus......not the government (it's actually illegal to perform these gender type abortions in China)
    I just watched a documentary on this, China’s Stolen Children.

You need a license to get pregnant and if you don’t have it the government will force you to abort. Pregnant woman go into hiding to have their babies. When the child is born and they want that child to be recognized as a citizen, so the kid can go to school, they have to pay a huge fine, which equals to about 5 years pay or more.

The documentary is on HBO this month. It has opened up my eyes a lot concerning what really goes on in China with abortion & adoption.

You’re also right about the parent’s choosing the gender. There have been 40 million female fetus abortions because of the 1 child rule… The 1 child rule has really fucked up the male to female ratio and the government is starting realize this and probably going to put an end to the rule around 2010.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I just watched a documentary on this, China’s Stolen Children.

You need a license to get pregnant and if you don’t have it the government will force you to abort. Pregnant woman go into hiding to have their babies. When the child is born and they want that child to be recognized as a citizen, so the kid can go to school, they have to pay a huge fine, which equals to about 5 years pay or more.

The documentary is on HBO this month. It has opened up my eyes a lot concerning what really goes on in China with abortion & adoption.

You’re also right about the parent’s choosing the gender. There have been 40 million female fetus abortions because of the 1 child rule… The 1 child rule has really fucked up the male to female ratio and the government is starting realize this and probably going to put an end to the rule around 2010.
    insanity...

this is a perfect example of my objection to laws that affect women....

I'll look on HBO for the documentary

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information