Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barack Obama criticised over 'cult-like' rallies

^^Agree with you 100%, Lurker. The right-wing idiots get really crafty with how they try to put labels on people. But this cult-like imagery is going to backfire on them, considering all of the religious nut-jobs they've got in their party.

Um guys, you can actually see people getting all swoony and ridiculous at Obama events.. hell, you can go pick out quotes from people who sound abysmally stupid about the whole thing.

It's not exactly some big scary smear machine.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

There is some truth to it though. "Selling hope" is the 2008 version of "Flip flopper".

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Um guys, you can actually see people getting all swoony and ridiculous at Obama events.. hell, you can go pick out quotes from people who sound abysmally stupid about the whole thing.

It's not exactly some big scary smear machine.
    Uh, if you go back and look at footage from Bill Clinton's campaign back in the early 90's when he was running for president the first time you'll see the same thing. Except, Bill was probably fucking most of the people.

By the way, if you look at some footage from Hillary's rally in Ohio, you'll see supporters jumping around, waving their hands, and dancing. In Obama, and Bill and Hillary case, it's not 'cult-like'. It's just people getting into the moment. Just like people do at concerts when their seeing their favorite performer. So, the 'cult-like' label is a smear campaign.

No, I say it's cultish, groopie rock star swooning. I haven't heard anybody speak in breathless tones abotu Hillary being THE ONE or the savior or god knows what else.

And anyway, im sure it DOES happen in the Hillbot camp but what of it? How is that good? Just because it happens elsewhere means it's not creepy at an Obama rally? LOL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Some people faint at Obama rallies actually, I saw a montage of it on the news. It was pretty funny, I guess they just get really into it and overwhelmed lol.

I can see how some people could faint. Hell, I've cheered so loud watching football, I almost passed out a few times! If they're really into it, and its hot, its entirely possible. Doesn't mean Barack has some mystical 'cult' power. It might just mean his supporters are more passionate.

Or maybe they just didn't drink enough water?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, I say it's cultish, groopie rock star swooning. I haven't heard anybody speak in breathless tones abotu Hillary being THE ONE or the savior or god knows what else.

And anyway, im sure it DOES happen in the Hillbot camp but what of it? How is that good? Just because it happens elsewhere means it's not creepy at an Obama rally? LOL
    I didn't say it wasn't creepy when people fall out over a politican or celebrity. Because I'll be damned if I'm swooning or passing out over anybody. But it's not like everybody at the Obama rallies are swooning and ready to build statues and churches in his honor.

And I haven't heard anybody call Obama a 'savior.' Now, that would be pushing it. But I think the reason people are responding to Obama is similar to the way people responded to Bill Clinton in the early 90's. Both Bill and Obama came from single parent homes, didn't come from a lot of money and pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. People were able to relate to them because of that, and they both had the charisma to move large crowds and inspire people. Plus, they both came along at a time when people were tired and worn out with the bullshit of the government, so they seemed like the right medicine at the right time.

Which is why I find it completely hypocritical for Bill & Hillary to be bashing Obama when Bill was riding the same wave of charisma that Obama is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information