Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Barack Obama backing off repealing the ban on gays in the military?

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    This has nothing to do with getting raped.

Getting raped by their eyes perhaps, but not even going that far..

So, say a woman was taking a shower. And some guy she doesn't know decided to shower next to her. I think she would feel uncomfortable.

You are taking this to quite the extreme, and the reason I said The the commanders of each service will say fuck no...is because I was at a meet and greet the other day for the Commandant. That issue was raised.
    Yeah but it's not as obvious as being female, it's not like the gay man is gonna mince in and go "haiiiiiiiiiii". There are still gay men in the military as of right now. I don't think this policy change will really change much in terms of the militia etc, the only change I can really see it affecting are the higher ups and office jobs.

The only difference with the 'don't ask, don't tell policy' is that with it straight dudes feel less threatened and without it they might feel like they can 'catch the gay' or some shit like that. Either way, the other person is still gay... this policy exists solely for the purpose of allowing straight homophobes to sleep better at night. It's a stupid concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    This has nothing to do with getting raped.

Getting raped by their eyes perhaps, but not even going that far..
    *rolls his*

So, say a woman was taking a shower. And some guy she doesn't know decided to shower next to her. I think she would feel uncomfortable.
    does this guy even find her attractive? why do straight guys always assume every gay guy thinks they're hot. They aren't. There's tons of people, if i saw naked, i wouldn't give 2 craps about.

You are taking this to quite the extreme, and the reason I said The the commanders of each service will say fuck no...is because I was at a meet and greet the other day for the Commandant. That issue was raised.
    No, I'm taking it to the logical conclusion. Homophobia is based on irrational assumptions that I've listed, and which you've handily expressed on cue. It's always the same crap, and every gay guy rolls his eyes at it.

Again, it's ignorant and childish. I hate to break it to you, but if you'v been in the military you've already showered with, slept in sleeping bags with, and crawled all around with some gay guys in the military. You just didn't know which ones were which.

You didn't get raped, even with eyes. You weren't uncomfortable, and nothing happened. Professionalism was maintained. All those irrational fears were not proven true.

It would be no different if you knew who was gay and who wasn't.

Think about it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

does this guy even find her attractive? why do straight guys always assume every gay guy thinks they're hot. They aren't. There's tons of people, if i saw naked, i wouldn't give 2 craps about.
    more like vomit TEEhehehehe

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

Umm...when did I say that I mind being around gay people?

The majority would feel uncomfortable. I have gay friends and don't mind. But I can see how others would feel uncomfortable. To me it would make no difference, at all. To others, it would, and I understand why.

SVZ

So the majority of men in the military have the intelligence and mentality of high school kids?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well, the majority of men in the military are 18.

So uhh...ya, kind of.

They need a better grip on their own sexuality. What a bunch of fuckin pussies. I'd be scared of havin them watch my back if they can't even handle their own stupidity.

Do they need their moms to hold their hands too?

No wonder the damn Canadian military whoops they asses during wargames
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    They need a better grip on their own sexuality. What a bunch of fuckin pussies. I'd be scared of havin them watch my back if they can't even handle their own stupidity.

Do they need their moms to hold their hands too?

No wonder the damn Canadian military whoops they asses during wargames
    Hmmm....I am part of 2nd Marine Division 2nd Recon Battalion. In EVERY exercise we have done with any foreign ally, we have won first place. And if you see the shit we do, I don't think you would be scared to have us watching your back. Period. That's off topic but ya. Sorry to get all bitchy sounding but that is the only thing that pisses me off. 2 of my boys didn't come back to the U.S. And no one will tell me that they were stupid mother fuckers. They were some of the best trained recon marines. but sometimes it just isn't enough.

I'll tell that to the poor SOB's who dumped their packs out of a plane during winter training up in the Yukon, thinking they could jump out after and just follow the locator beacon and retrieve thenm.. cept they didn't think to account for the 5 feet of snow in which their packs buried themselves, and damn near froze to death till the Canadian base sent out teams to find them.

I think our snipers outshot you boys in Afghanistan too, twice the range with antiquated weapons. Won some kind of award for it..

but let's not compare internet penises just yet. wouldn't want you all to get raped by eyeballs. lol

So, hypothetical situation.. say you were buddies with a guy in your barrack and you really got along great with him... joked around, liked the same stuff, in short: you were really close friends. What if he told you he was gay?

He's still the same guy... same quality of character, same personality, same physical body, same intelligence level.. being gay doesn't make him any less of a person than he was before. However, contingent on an outsiders education level, maturity, and homophobic tendencies.. it changes everything. It's retarded. They're the same damn people.. they just prefer males as opposed to females.

Attitudes of Military Personnel Toward Homosexuals

Like I said.. don't ask, don't tell just helps closet homophobes sleep better at night.

SVZ

I just don't think this repealing of the ban will do much.

Men in the infantry won't come out because they know they're going to get flack/outcast because of it

The only people it's going to benefit are people like those 2 translators that were kicked out for being gay.

Um they let go like 200 of them..

what bout all the soldiers who are inadvertntly found out and discharged as a result? There's an iraq vet fighting that as we speak, his name escapes me..

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have gay friends lol. It wouldn't bother me. But to some it would. And I can understand why is all I'm saying.

And uhh...grimmlock. Prolly some army boys that don't know a hammer from a nail that ya'll went against. You just don't hear about spec ops training. Unless it is allowed to be made public for some reason or another.

I know a few gay people from my bn. most people know they are gay and no one really cares. most of them just tell the gay guys, just dont talk about it in front of them and they dont care
    Last edited by Tati; February 3rd, 2009 at 05:09 PM.

*snort* yeah, it's fine for the straight boys to yammer on about they bitches and hos and all that pussayyyyyyy but not the other way round. Wtf ever.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information