Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Barack & Michelle Obama arrive at Buckingham Palace to meet the Queen

Just found out the detractors are having a heart attack because he gave the Queen an iPod

lol @ what Rethug Americans thinks they should apologize for. Invading the wrong country without regard of our allies, fine. Giving the Queen what she wanted, an ipod, blasphemy.

Barack Obama's gift for the Queen: an iPod, your MajestyBarack Obama's gift for the Queen: an iPod, your Majesty

Dear People of the United Kingdom, please accept my sincerest apologies, this is so embarrassing. We usually are more classy in the USA. Perhaps we should subject ourselves to the crown again. Perhaps we can't handle it after 200 years after all!

you can always count on Obumbler to muck it up.
    by now nobody should assume that these incidents are accidental.

Once again, I ask: Please don't judge all Americans by these actions.

Note to Michelle: Don't give ANY more presents. Ask someone who has experience giving - not taking - to do this important diplomatic task for you, and make sure it's not another Leftist. Leave the job up to a Conservative grownup.

The Obamas are tasteless and uncouth in manners. The gift to the Queen could have been special if Michelle's staff had spoken with the Queen's staff. But typical of the know everything Obama world, the two of them managed to appear ignorant and are. What a sorry excuse for a President and Wife [First Ladies have taste].

I was expecting the Queen to present Obama with a gift set of 25 DVD's of American 'classics'. "here you go, these don't play here".

I'm just waiting for BO to give someone a teleprompter someday.

If Obama can't speak without the Teleprompter of the US (TOTUS) then that doesn't make him a 'gifted speaker'--it makes him a 'gifted reader'. LOL

Once again, on behalf of all thinking Americans (and our numbers are shrinking every day) I apologize for the ineptitude of the Messiah. You have to forgive him--he is too caught up in it all being about him to give a tinker's damn about anyone or anything else...

It's the queens fault really now, what were her expections from our classless president? She's lucky she didn't get an 8track tape of the beatles. An ipod! that's freaking funny obviously our President could care less about finding out if she had one already. He's arrogant and feels he's entitled to everything. I would apologize but hey your country invited him.

Obama is such an embarrassment to our Country! So sorry! God help us all! Will you loan us Daniel Hannan for our next President?

Obama makes George W. Bush look like a bloody genius!

We, your brothers and sisters in these great and wonderful United States, apologize profusely for our woefully ignorant President.

How embarrassing! And funny... if they thought they would be one-upping Her Magesty with new technology...she already has an ipod. The Obama's show that they are uneducated in anything but American culture and precious little of that. Now if the Queen played basketball or followed the NBA, the Obamas would be fine. But she does not. She follows cricket, polo and horseracing. The Obama's show no appreciation for the cultures or the subtleties of relationships with other countries,(one hour visit with Canada, US's largest trading partner, VIDEO to Iran???). They look cool but they are in no way equipped to be international representatives of our country.

Great, did he put Jay Z and Ludacris in the playlist? Trash, pure trash. Nothing but another Dubya.

No class. What did you expect? I expect nothing more from this neophyte and his wife. Dennis Miller once said "You can give Elvis millions of dollars to decorate his den but, he will still do it in black and yellow naugahyde.

Obama is a pathetic manchild.

Obama and his team are so clueless. What an embarassment they are to our entire country.

His actions speak volumes for his class, intentions, and values. I'm sorry UK, this is what happens when people vote on a man instead of principals.

B. Hussein Obama has no understanding of our own country, how can he be expected to have a clue about the real world? His pastor and his past associaion with home grown terrorists have warped his views. Our children know more about American protocol than he does. "Yes We Can", oh yes they did! I hope that the world recognises their mistake on promoting this idot.

/facepalm

Sincerest apologies, Britain. Feel free to return our idiot and his staff of 500 any time.

On behalf of my nation, sorry for the MORONIC gesture! You'd think the most powerful man in the world would have had his staff do some research first!

That is what happend when you have a"rock star " as a president! I can not believe where America is going. I as a Canadian adore America but not the way it is going now!!!

As an American, I am so ashamed. Please forgive us! We must all try to get through these four years in the wilderness.

Apologies for the inept buffoon who calls himself President of the United States. I voted for the other guy. I did try to warn her Majesty not to give an audience to such low-class trash.

Not all Americans voted for Odumbo, just the stupid ones.

On behalf of the people of the United States of America I formally apologise for the insult our current president has bestowed on the Queen. This man in no way represents our loyalty to and love of the British people.

is he trying to embarrass us? first, he messess up the gift to gordon brown - how hard can it be? an ipod? sure, the dilemma is what to get the woman who has everything and needs nothing, but come on an ipod? this is something you get a friend, not the queen of england. the day is fast approaching when the world will come to regret his election.

I apologize for this fool. Obama doesn't understand that people in his position don't need to give gifts that cost a lot of money. That's not the point. It's the uniqueness of the gift that matters and how hard it is to find it. Of course this takes money, but that is inconsequential. I'm middle class and even I know this. America took the man out of the ghetto, but not the ghetto out of the man and his wife. As an American, I am appalled at this man's actions and his administration's actions on a daily basis. Hopefully we will wake up in four years and elect a competent president.

This guy was supposed to be polished and educated.. You have got to be kidding me...Joe the Plumber has more class than these two rubes, and I have meet Joe.

I have served with my Brothers in the RAF and I am sad and I appologize to them. I am ashamed that so many STUPID people are allowed to vote. Hate to say it but Obozo makes me wish for the Clintons.

If Michele can finally be proud to be an American now that we have an Affirmative Action President (instead of actually being QUALIFIED), then I can now say that since Nov 2008, I have become ashamed to be an American.

Someone please tell me how this incompetent buffoon has fooled millions of people into believing he is a brilliant leader capable of elevation the world from its strife.

He is a charlatan with a smooth voice “forked tongue” in an expensive suit.

Please forgive us Great Britain.

What do you think about a trade? We’ll give you Obama for Daniel Hannan.

On behalf of the rest of the American people, I apologize for such uncouth behavior from our President. The DVD thing with Brown was dumb, but after that this is inexcusable. What's next? A Wii for Prince Charles?

My dear UK cousins,
    Some of us didn't want him in the first place. Sorry about the gaffes here, and I know of a good place that does transfer (well... VHS ones anyway...) in Boston in case PM Brown would like to watch the films he was given. Did Bam Bam include a gift receipt? Perhaps he could return them to Target or Best Buy and maybe get a Wii or something more useful. I hear iTunes cards are good...

And about the iPod for HRM Elizabeth, uhm... that's a tough one. I guess some of us knew the empty suit he was before hand, but a lot of my countrymen and women were just a little too hopped up on the special KoolAid. I'm really, really, really sorry. In fact, there's just not enough "reallys" available to say how sorry I am.

Really.

Please Britain, remember that 48% of us did not vote for this idiot. He's a complete empty suit and is being managed. I am ashamed that a majority of my countrymen fell for the charade that was foisted on us by the American media. This man was never fully vetted. We still don't know if he's an American citizen. The Supreme Court has received several petitions on the legitimacy of his citizenship. He won't even produce a simple birth certificate.

On behalf of the United States, a nation that should be eternally grateful for our inheritance from Britain, and that has shared innumerable sacrifices with our mother country, I deeply apologize for our head of state's behavior and his disregard for our most trusted ally.

It is very embarrassing and is becoming more evident every day that he and his staff share no appreciation for how our forefathers fought, suffered and bled together for freedom (perhaps because he does not have any forefathers who did). It is also plainly obvious that he has no love for our gift of individual freedom, limited government, common law and national heritage, which must be why he plainly favours countries that have a tradition of statism and tyranny (perhaps like the ones his father(s) came from). As the population of Americans with ancestral links to our national foundation shrinks we are in great danger of further electing leaders with a greater preference for nations other than the Angloshpere, such as Mexico, China, India and Africa. This will prove to be a tragedy in our relations and for the world, as freedom will naturally recede without vibrant links to our shared past.

On behalf of America, please accept my most humble apologies for the lack of class shown not only to your Prime Minister and his wife on their visit to the US last month, but this horrific judgement made by the Obamas in regard to your Queen.

I am so ashamed. You good people of the United Kingdom have sacrificed so much for us and please know that the PRESS makes it out that America is gaga for Obama. You must know though that the average person is just as horrified as you are at the blunders he is making one after another.

The media does not represent the average person and even the majority of people who were misled into believing in President Obama are now wondering what in the world they were thinking by voting for him.

As an American, I am mortified that my President would give the Queen of England an IPod. This gift is so tacky and really reflects who President Obama is. Sorry England, 1/2 of Americans do not approve of the actions of our President..

Your Majesty and England -

We apologize for this buffoon.

America.

I am mortified. On behalf of the American people, please accept my apology to Her Majesty for the apparent ignorance and or poor judgment of our President.

But a lone voice of reason

It's depressing to see the Drudge Report crowd come here and apologize on behalf of all Americans for this. These are the very same people who told all of Europe to bugger-off during the Bush administration.

And for any blokes who think this is some sort of insult, I can only ask that you recognize this as the ill-conceived and promptly aborted controversy that it is. Note the sheepish update by Toby, mid-way through the article.
    To the readers in the UK: Please ignore most of these post from the US as this story has been linked to a right wing "news" page, hence the overwhelming posts from the frustrated ignorant minority that no longer wield any power or influence. Cheers.
    (1) The gift is not the iPod: it is the footage of the queen's visit that is the gift. (2) Considering that the queen chooses to give pictures of HERSELF, it seems appropriate. If the President had given her a picture of himself, would she (and the rest of the world) have thought that was a great gift? Uh noooooooooo. Can we say "bloody shallow and vain?"
    William, as long as you are correcting a few things on your numerous comments, might I suggest you check the one in which you state "she could care less?" Do you realize that by saying someone "could care less," that it is saying that they do care otherwise if they did not they could NOT care less. You have to care to some degree of measure to be able to care less. I know...picky, picky, picky. Must be a result of that "dumbed down educational system HERE?" Does that mean you are in the US or was that a slip of the tongue and you were actually calling Britain's educational system dumb? Oh...don't judge all British by yourself. Some are actually quite clever.
    I hope someone else is having as much fun reading these comments as I am.
    Sure enough, as soon as Drudge Report links this article the comments get all mucked up by the fringe radical right.
    My response, if I was from the U.K.:

Dear American Right Wingers,
    We actually don't give a bloody shit, no need for your apologizes.
    Last edited by bychance; April 3rd, 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Give the queen an iPod... the end of the world. Completely make an ass of yourself and age the queen 100 years.. eh, it's no big deal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL0hZ2fuR0A[/youtube]

Oh wow, I've never even seen that. Sigh...

But what I do remember

The Queen is NOT amused!
    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

Only Dubya would sexually harrass a world leader.

IMO it was very thoughtful of them to give her something that she requested with showtunes she enjoys and an original signed Rogers and Hammerstein score. At least these gifts won't end up in the basement of junk she has collected over the years. It certainly appeared the Queen was impressed and delighted with the Obama's and wouldn't be surprised if they get an invitation for a private visit to Balmoral. I'd rather have a "rockstar" president anyday than the idiotic "rockhead" we had the last eight years. IMO they are doing very well in a very short period of time and Europe is embracing them - I guess that's what's burning the Limpball DildoHeads so much.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Imbecile

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

Jesus, that's a look that can flay. Go queeny.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Queen Elizabeth has only invited 2 US Presidents for 'private' visits. Reagan and Dubya......she had both of them as guests at Windsor

so despite the look in that pic above, she did like him. why, i couldn't say, but clearly she did.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This thread got funny!! Way to go!

Bush usually tends to have people laughing at him.

[YOUTUBE]EvxKZRf8k2k[/YOUTUBE]
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

painful
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^His "presidency" is such a stain on US history.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information