Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barack & Michelle Obama arrive at Buckingham Palace to meet the Queen

She's 5'2" apparently.... It looks awkward because it was Sarzy - see if you can see it on BBC News. She practically pushed him out of the way to get next to the Queen.

Elite Member

And to be honest you post stating that our head of state "smells" is juvenile and offensive.
    Well, excuse my fucking French for making an old folks' joke. I thought the PM was the true head of state anyway. The Queen is a glorified figurehead. Nothing personal, but that's what she is.

If you want to say that Obama smells like linament and onions, be my guest. Don't get your knickers in a twist. Relax!

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    Well, excuse my fucking French for making an old folks' joke. I thought the PM was the true head of state anyway. The Queen is a glorified figurehead. Nothing personal, but that's what she is.

If you want to say that Obama smells like linament and onions, be my guest. Don't get your knickers in a twist. Relax!
    Don't tell me what to, or not to do.

For your information (as you obviously need the help) the PM reports to the Queen who signs everything.

Why would I want to disrespect the American Head of State? Its childish and insulting thing to do. I suggest that instead of telling me to relax, that an apology might not have been remiss.

But - there you go.... thats you isn't it instead of that you swear at me. Very mature.

Why is the queen carrying around a purse in her house? I really want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Michelle kinda looks like a floor lamp in that outfit.
    Yeah, that skirt looks kind of school girlish. Should have gone with a sleeker skirt.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

that an apology might not have been remiss.

But - there you go.... thats you isn't it instead of that you swear at me. Very mature.
    I didn't swear AT you. Trust me, if I had, you would know.

As for the apology, since I'm a petty cunt--

I'm sorry if I offended your precious feelings, but as for my humor

The queen smells, the obama's are giants, the prince looks like gollum, the carpeting is horrid and everybody looks out of place.

p.s. the pope is ugly.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

And the Dalai Lama whistles in the wind while he farts!

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    Nuclear launch codes! Actually, I think it's just her old school style, from the 40s & 50s.

The Queen actually has real power within the government. She's also very smart, no matter how old she is.
    Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher said in her memoirs: "Anyone who imagines that they are a formality or confined to social niceties is quite wrong; they are quietly business-like and Her Majesty brings to bear a formidable grasp of current issues and breadth of experience."[108] During Thatcher's time as Prime Minister, it was rumoured that Elizabeth was worried that Thatcher's economic policies fostered social divisions, and was reportedly alarmed by high unemployment, a series of riots, and the violence of a miners' strike.[109] Thatcher told Brian Walden, "the Queen is the kind of woman who could vote SDP [Social Democratic Party]."[109]

Elite Member

Thank you clarifying, Fluffy. I thought the old lass just sat on her throne all day. Honestly, I thought the royal family was just for decorum.

If I'm wrong, tell me by all means. As long you don't get bent out of shape over my warped sense of humor.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Neither guy looks comfortable, but looks like he trying to walk out of the room while the cameras are flashing!
    this is awesoome! look how much the royals have shrunk! and phillip's such a racist ass; this pic just makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    "They say that it's not only what's inside the monarch's bags that is significant, but the bag itself, for she uses it to communicate with her staff in a very subtle manner.

According to the authors, one thing that can always be found in the Queen's handbags is an S-shaped metal meat hook that she places on the dinner table's edge to suspend her bag from so that it doesn't touch the floor.

Also to be found inside is a collection of good luck charms, including miniature dogs, horses, saddles and horsewhips - most of them gifts from her children, reports the Daily Express. Family photos are also present, the most treasured of which is a snap of Prince Andrew, from when he returned from the Falklands in 1982.

Other things that the Queen never goes without are her mints, chocolate drops for her beloved corgis and a couple of crosswords, which her servants snip out of the papers for her.

Also ever present is the metal make-up case, made by Prince Philip and presented to her as a wedding gift 60 years ago.

And if there's still room in the bag she happens to be carrying, the Queen slips in a camera to take snaps to add to her private collection.

Dampier and Walton also reveal the other uses of the monarch's bag.

Before dining with the Queen, a point is made to inform guests that dinner will end in about five minutes after she places her bag on the table top.

On walkabouts, she holds the bag to one side to show she intends to move on, at which point a lady-in-waiting joins the conversation, allowing her to slip away without causing offence.

When at a banquet, if the Queen's bag is placed on the floor, then it's a sign that she's not finding the conversation interesting, and wants nothing more than to escape. However, if the royal bag is dangling happily from the crook of her left arm, she is happy and relaxed."
    See what the Queen carries in her bag- ET Cetera-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Interesting info about her purse. According to the article, she was happy and comfortable with the Obama's.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I think the Obama's would make anyone comfortable. They just seem like good people.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I remember when Prince Phillip was much taller. I thought he was over 6foot. He sure has shrunk. Of course the Obama are giants............big, black, American giants.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information