Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attack of the Food Police: Why The Government has No Business Banning Happy Meals

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    That's what they would be required to do: offer a regular Happy Meal WITHOUT the toy or offer a healthier meal WITH a toy.
    yes, I get that but why do McDonalds think it's such a big deal? It doesn't seem they offer any reason for not wanting to do it. Apart from the whole "you can't tell me what to do!" thing. lol
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Simple solution - buy the happy meal and a bag of apple slices and grapes. Give the kids the toy and the fruit and eat the happy meal yourself while inwardly laughing at their miserable little faces. Don't forget to slap their hands and tell them you are doing this for their own good whenever they try to sneak a forbidden french fry.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    yes, I get that but why do McDonalds think it's such a big deal? It doesn't seem they offer any reason for not wanting to do it. Apart from the whole "you can't tell me what to do!" thing. lol
    Yeah, it's not like their revenues will drop that much with the new options. We have to look at who will lose money: potato farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ When I was a kid we always wanted McDonalds, long before there even was a happy meal or a toy. My father would never let us have it ( he loathes fast food). He used to tell us the hamburgers were 'chopped vietcong'.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    We alway's heard that the burgers were chopped kangaroo.
    My dad told us they made the hamburger meat using chopped worms... I still ate that shit and loved it. However, I cannot recall the last time I ate at McDonald's so, in the end, I still win.

Personally, I don't see the big deal. Why single out McDonald's? I mean, Burger King, Whataburger, Sonic - and hundreds of other establishments hand out toys with their kid's meals. Its retarded. People are going to eat this shit if they want to.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

They didn't single out McDonald's. The ordinance is for all restaurants that offer the same type of children's meal with a toy.

They didn't single out McDonald's. The ordinance is for all restaurants that offer the same type of children's meal with a toy.
    The ordinance may not, but this article sure as hell does. How many times is McDonald's, Happy Meal or Golden Arches mentioned as opposed to any other restaurant?
    Last week, the San Francisco board of supervisors voted to hose the Happy Meal. No longer would McDonald's (or any other restaurant) be allowed to provide a free toy with a meal that exceeds specified amounts of fat, sugar, and calories. If the folks at the Golden Arches want to offer a Batman action figure, it will have to be flanked by fruits and vegetables.

Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Bad writing. Blame the journalists.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

That's what they would be required to do: offer a regular Happy Meal WITHOUT the toy or offer a healthier meal WITH a toy.
    Nobody is forcing anybody to take a toy. When I am ordering, they ask if I want a girl toy or boy toy. I could easily say that I don't want a toy at all. And once again, healthier things (like apple dippers) have been options for years now.

Clearly, by ordering the dippers for your own kids (instead of fries) you would lower the % calories from fat to more-than-acceptable guidelines. San Fran ordnance sounds like they are saying that under no circumstance would somebody be able to offer a happy meal with a toy if it exceeds the nutritional guidelines. Even if there are options in place. To me, they are basically saying that so many parents have abrogated their responsibility toward their kids to such an extent that they have to step in and make rules to protect kids from sh*tty parents. And with geometrically climbing obesity rates that may actually be true.

Other fast food places that offer toys with kids meals include Burger King and Chik-Fil-A. So, they would be affected, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Nobody is forcing anybody to take a toy. When I am ordering, they ask if I want a girl toy or boy toy. I could easily say that I don't want a toy at all. And once again, healthier things (like apple dippers) have been options for years now.

Clearly, by ordering the dippers for your own kids (instead of fries) you would lower the % calories from fat to more-than-acceptable guidelines. San Fran ordnance sounds like they are saying that under no circumstance would somebody be able to offer a happy meal with a toy if it exceeds the nutritional guidelines. Even if there are options in place. To me, they are basically saying that so many parents have abrogated their responsibility toward their kids to such an extent that they have to step in and make rules to protect kids from sh*tty parents. And with geometrically climbing obesity rates that may actually be true.

Other fast food places that offer toys with kids meals include Burger King and Chik-Fil-A. So, they would be affected, too.
    Exactly. Nobody is forcing anyone to fatten up their fucking little nose miners down at Mickey D's. Healthy options are available - but frankly, if you're interested in a healthy option, you ain't eating at McDonalds... or Burger King or Chik-Fil-A or Sonic or Whataburger or Fuddruckers or... well, any fast food joint!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

But some people are too stupid to eat healthily!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    But some people are too stupid to eat healthily!
    Yes, they are. And it won't matter to those idiots if the kid get a toy or not.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

shouldn't the gov't be worrying more about the state of the union than what my family eats?

Will kids cereal with toys in the box be banned too? This is so stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information