Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Army lieutenant refuses to go to Iraq

..........and he still has the courage to say what he says. You are obviously not getting the point.

The thing about it is, he had no qualms about volunteering and collecting paychecks until his number came up. Then all of a sudden he doesn't want to go?

Like I said before, I may not like this war, but this individual signed and took an oath. If he never volunteered in the first place, fine, I'm all for him. I especially dislike the fact that he dragged his parents into this mess. His mother is nowhere to be seen and is probably stressed out as it is, his poor father has no choice but to go along with his son. At their age they don't need this kind of stress.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

The great tragedy of this war is that it's taking the lifes blood of the poorest young men, guys without much education or opportunities, who see the military as a way out of poverty.

While this generations version of Dubya avoids the military like the plague. I'd like to see a rich man's son serve for a change.

You'll be waiting a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    so, our troops are now a "flock". i can tell you that those troops over there fighting would call this guy a COWARD.
    And a good number of us would call THEM brainless robots.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh I get it..

It's fine to label one of them a coward, chickenshit, and every other name under the sun for claiming this war is illegal and immoral, refusing to go, and getting thrown in jail for it but the ones that DO go off to get blown up by an IED, who buy all the patriotic nonsense and lies, are suddenly on an intellectual pedestal and untouchable all because they simply suck it up and say "alright, i'll die for absolutely nothing."

Give me a break! That's not bravery, that's stupidity.

ANYBODY, soldier or not, who buys the lies that have been used to base this war on (and that keep changing day by day) is an absolute moron.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If they put their lives on the line for lies, they're stupid.

If they put their lives on the line for something unjust, they're stupid.

If they put their lives on the line without knowing why, they're stupid.

If they've somehow managed to have a clear understanding of what is going on, know the reasons why they're there (beyond the idiot ramblings of their leaders which, as we all know, are false) and do so by choice and agree with what's happening... then they aren't stupid. They've made an informed choice.

Sadly, something like 80% polled over there think they're avenging 9/11.

That's stupid.

And frankly, I fail to see how saying any of this is 'cowardly'. Hell, put me in front of them with a book of facts and figures and I'll tell them how doing all these things without being informed is, in fact, fucking stupid. I'll be happy to show them.

then maybe more would stand up and say "Why the fuck were we sent over there with lies to enrich a bunch of corporations?"

.. and let's face it: for almost 5 years the 'librul media' has treated BushCo. with kid gloves, and if FOX news could have trumpeted dinners and thankyou's and banners on that O'Reilly retard parade, they most certainly would have.

Where the fuck are you when I need you to slam my neocon dad, Grimm?!
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    ummmmmm ok grimm. i actually stopped folding socks to look back through the posts to find where i stated that i believe in the war - or that i'm lining my son up the minute he turns 18. nope, didn't. as i have said before my sons father is in Baghdad. and no Gator, he isn't stupid or poor. he left his career shortly after 9/11 when he was 32. it certainly turns my stomach everyday when i check the United States Coalition Casualty website to see if his names appears on the list. but i can tell you this, HE believes in what he is doing. he and his troops are the ones being invited into civilian homes for dinner and being greeted with thanks and gratitude and banners - something the media certainly won't show you.

Whether I believe in the war or not, as an American I have enough respect for those who put their lives on the line everyday all over the world not to call them stupid, uneducated, robots, poor, etc... These comments are just as cowardly as the asshole who refused to do his job.
    I don't think all our troops are stupid, nor do others here. I do think the people who make policies and decisions are stupid. I have friends both active duty army and national guard, who spent a year in iraq, and some going back again later this year. Just from a personal feeling this lieutenant rubs me the wrong way. At least guys like jeremy hinzam, the soldier who went AWOL to canada, did a tour in iraq and he more than did his time, so I respect his choices. To me it feels like the lieutenant all of a sudden doesn't want to deploy when he had no problems getting a paycheck before. That is where I am coming from, just a gut feeling, not saying anyone who agrees with him is wrong.

And here's to your man safe wishes and a speedy return home.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    Where the fuck are you when I need you to slam my neocon dad, Grimm?!
    Oh you can pull up my posting history anytime and make him read it

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

My concern is this: even though most of us don't agree with this war, given the nature of people nowadays (feeling more entitled, coddled, and apathetic) I have to wonder if there is anything that many of the protesters would fight for. My gut tells me that even if this was a 'just' war like WW2, many would still look for excuses not to participate because we've gotten too comfy and pacifist as a whole.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information