Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Army lieutenant refuses to go to Iraq

Default Re: Army lieutenant refuses to go to Iraq

I'm getting frustrated is all. I need a nap.

I'd suggest some crushed Valerian root in capsule form, or 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan for sweet sweet sleep
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Hydroxy Tryptophan
    Is that what's in turkey that makes people pass out?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Can you get that in a pill or capsule form?

I have the valerian root capsules, they don't seem to work too well for me

Or maybe I'll just snack on some turkey b4 going to bed?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Maybe you could just gnaw on a big ol' turkey leg, like Henry the VIII.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

5HTP is the stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy .. it encourages serotonin release in your brain

You can buy it in pill form from any of those health places.

Valerian works if you allow yourself to fall asleep when it comes on. It's not very strong, and if you fight it, you'll miss the window and then you'll be kept up.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

mmmmm..turkey..
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Soj, I have seen that pic of Colin in your avatar for so long that I've started to confuse the two of you in my head ... I imagine that you must look like him! Hot Hot Hot!

Quote Originally Posted by cloud
    Soj, I have seen that pic of Colin in your avatar for so long that I've started to confuse the two of you in my head ... I imagine that you must look like him! Hot Hot Hot!
    I wish! If I looked like that I would not be on here...I would be out somewhere being the biggest slut the world has ever seen! lol..I would check in evey now and then to report on my exploits though! I know what you are talking about though..for the longest time I was seeing SVZ as Matthew Fox!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    It is often lonely at the top. You just can't accept that the US military is hunting down -one by one- the monsters who do the bidding for the islamo-facists and that really upsets you for some reason.
    judging by the corruption at the UN, and elsewhere I'm glad that the US doesn't follow international "law". There is a valid reason we don't follow it, because it isn't up to the standards we have in the United States.

ROFL, yeah, those high US standards of illegal wiretapping, the K street project, pork-barrel republican politics, Tom DeLay's corruption, Randal "Duke" Cunningham's corruption.. Wait, there are DOZENS of corruption investigations happening right now in the US government, Guantanamo bay concentration camp, CIA black sites, Abu Graihb, extraordinary rendition...

Yeah. Real high standards.

You live in a fantasyland, it's amazing. Despite everything shown to you, you still cling to the silly notion of being pure and innocent.

Amazing what sticking your head in the sand and screaming USA! USA! will do for your powers of observation.

The US doesn't feel it has to abide by international law (or really, any law at all) except when they get smacked around and then they run screaming to mommy.. then when mommy doesn't give the US what it wants, it throws a tantrum.

International Law is a joke. It will NEVER apply to the US military. Grimm you continue your preaching with the idea that your way of thinking is going to change the mind or heart of a true blue American. Never. In fact all your lecturing and finger pointing only reminds me more of how dangerous your particular strand of hazerdous material is. If people listened to people like you we'd all be getting out our prayer rug by now.

International Law is a joke.
    Except, of course, when it's needed by the US. Then all of a sudden it's paramount. Hypocrisy.

It will NEVER apply to the US military.
    Good, then you won't mind when your enemy treats your precious soldiers just as inhumanely, or worse. Torture, imprisonment, the works. You don't need the Geneva Conventions at all. Reap what you sow.

Grimm you continue your preaching with the idea that your way of thinking is going to change the mind or heart of a true blue American.
    No, I don't expect to change the mind of hypocrits, imperialists, and supremicists. Those people are best dealt with by firing squad.

In fact all your lecturing and finger pointing only reminds me more of how dangerous your particular strand of hazerdous material is.
    Why, because I respect the rule of law instead of torturing people, imprisoning them without charge, wiretapping people without warrants?

Heavens to Betsy, operating within the law sure is dangerous.

If people listened to people like you we'd all be getting out our prayer rug by now.
    How so? From that massed army of Islamic militants who are poised to float an armada of Spanish galleons over from the persian gulf to burn and pillage the entire country?

*snorts in derision*

See, this is your problem: You're REACTIVE. You don't bother asking "Hey, why are people so pissed off at us? Did we do something?", and then investigate if you DID, then correct the problem.

No, you tromp around the globe doing as you please, offending everyone, killing scores of them, and then when someone has the temerity to bitchslap you across your national face for it, all of a sudden you're blameless?

That's stupid, shortsighted and myopic thinking. If you didn't create the monsters you now fight in the first place, you wouldn't have to worry about them LATER.

Cause = effect.

1+1= 2

God, why does nobody THINK anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    Ths US military will never give in to "international law". What are you going to do when the draft comes back? If you start excercising now you might not hate boot camp so much. Just think, a year or two from now, you could be sitting pretty in a war zone. What will you say then? Or will you chicken out and run to Canada?
    If there is a draft, and someone decides to seek sanctuary in Canada, I would support that, how is that in any way being a "chicken"?

BUT this thread is about a LT who WILLINGLY signed up to reap the benefits, but now doesn't want to pay his part of the deal.

Fuck him, shoot the bastard, throw him in jail, or make him repay every penny the gov't has spent on him.
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

"Last week, Watada, a company-grade military officer with the Stryker Brigade about to deploy to Iraq this month, said off-post and after working hours that he does not conscientiously object to war. He would serve in Afghanistan but not in Iraq, which he considers an illegal war."

Source:http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...ml?source=mypi

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information