Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arizona governor signs immigration enforcement bill

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I don't necessarily believe in this bill, but I don't see a problem with trying to enforce some laws as far as immigration is concerned. I can't believe the US is the only country in the world that would like the people living in it to be a citizen in order to benefit from the social systems and programs. Are most countries so lenient on immigration??

I live with someone who had to go through the entire process to become a citizen and I don't see why it's so difficult for others to do the same. Granted, he came here legally so I guess that makes some difference. Believe me, a 30 something, middle eastern man becoming a US citizen after 9/11 isn't a walk in the park.
    No, they aren't less strict. In fact, most are way more strict, including Mexico!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I should say something about criminal checks. Certainly murder, rape and other serious crimes should bar anyone from entering the country but other, more minor things should be weighed out. I mean, if some kid got done for a few joints when he was 17 but is now 30 and living a good life then that shouldn't really count against him. Does that make sense?
    If they are already here illegally (millions of them) clearly nothing is being done to enforce laws that are in existence. So, all this arguing about it is pretty much moot. In the end, the illegals come over and when they are sent back to their country, they return illegally. Obama needs to deliver on his fucking campaign promises - if he does his job, then these states won't feel the pressure to pass bills such as this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

immigration - legal and illegal - is a reality and always will be. as long as there are such immense differences between rich and poor countries, there will always be people willing to risk it all for a chance at a better life. it's human nature. doesn't matter how many unconstitutional laws are enacted and how many money-vacuum walls they build, people find a way.
    if developed countries spent the billions they spend on stupid things like building that wall along the mexican-US border on investments and development in mexico and neighbouring countries (real programmes that provide real jobs and living wages, not those outsourcing factories that pay miserly wages) then people wouldn't be so keen to leave their friends and family behind to live as clandestine, illegal immigrants with all the risks it entails.
    and it's also up to latin american governments to not be such pussies and make foreign companies pay their employees better wages and stop being corrupt fucktards.
    because if things stay the way they are on both sides, the vicious circle will only keep perpetuating itself eternally.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    immigration - legal and illegal - is a reality and always will be. as long as there are such immense differences between rich and poor countries, there will always be people willing to risk it all for a chance at a better life. it's human nature. doesn't matter how many unconstitutional laws are enacted and how many money-vacuum walls they build, people find a way.
    if developed countries spent the billions they spend on stupid things like building that wall along the mexican-US border on investments and development in mexico and neighbouring countries (real programmes that provide real jobs and living wages, not those outsourcing factories that pay miserly wages) then people wouldn't be so keen to leave their friends and family behind to live as clandestine, illegal immigrants with all the risks it entails.
    and it's also up to latin american governments to not be such pussies and make foreign companies pay their employees better wages and stop being corrupt fucktards.
    because if things stay the way they are on both sides, the vicious circle will only keep perpetuating itself eternally.
    and that is the sad truth of the situation. it is a vicious cycle... lather, rinse, repeat. it's the same thing over and over and over. all sides are tired of it and something needs to be done - this situation will only get uglier and uglier until some reasonable solution is reached.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

My feeling is that they can do whatever they want but illegals will always be here, always have been, always will be. They can deport them but for each one they deport, 5 more come in or back.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    My feeling is that they can do whatever they want but illegals will always be here, always have been, always will be. They can deport them but for each one they deport, 5 more come in or back.
    True. People from all over the world still view America as 'the land of opportunity' so they will continue to flock here, even if they have to do it illegally.

Although I can't wait for Al Sharpton to show up in Arizona. Even though this doesn't concern him, like most things he gets involved in, Arizona deserves to have Sharpton make them miserable over this law.

Gold Member

Every country has illegal immigrants. The problem here in the US is that we have so many of them that they've begun to seriously tax the system & are overrunning our infrastructure. Illegals have always been here, but it seems as if the problem has grown exponentially over the past 15-20 years.

I support Arizona's law, but it is only a tool towards solving the problem. And I don't think finishing the border wall & adding more border patrol agents/National Guard at the border will ever be a complete solution to the problem as long as human smuggling is a lucrative industry. The smugglers will always find a way to get illegal aliens in this country, as long as they are getting paid thousands of dollars per illegal alien smuggled into this country. The real solution is cutting off the demand for illegal labor. The government hasn't done a good job sanctioning employers who hire illegals & the fines haven't proven to be a big deterrant to hiring illegal aliens. We need to start taking away the business licenses of companies that hire illegals (or jail the employers.) There is no excuse for employing illegal aliens when the country has a 10% unemployment rate. There are no "jobs Americans won't do" to make ends meet at the moment. I support expanding E-Verify. It's not perfect, but if employers were required to use it, the number of illegals in our workforce would drop dramatically. I know a man who is a government contractor. Government contractors are required to use E-Verify, and he told me the system works. Illegals show up looking for work with fake documents, and the system will tell him that they are ineligible to work in this country. Ending the "anchor baby" phenomenon is a must as well. A baby should only be granted citizenship if its parents are citizens or permanent residents (as every other developed country does.)

Mexico needs to make a serious commitment to fixing itself, too. The leaders can't continue to use the US as a dumping ground for their excess population. The country is a total mess, and it seems as if there is no leader who can fix the corruption that plagues that nation. In fact, Calderon's war against the drug cartels may have made things worse. You hear about way more violence in that nation than ever before. And I am seriously worried about that drug violence spilling over the border - the Mexican drug cartels already have a significant presence in most major US cities.

Also, I am 100% against amnesty. It didn't work in 1986, and it will fail again because rewarding illegal behavior is bad public policy & encourages more illegal behavior (and it will cost the American public trillions of dollars.) The only thing that will work is enforcement of our laws. We will never get rid of all illegals in this country, but enforcement will cause a good number of them to self-deport.

It'll end when american companies start paying a living wage that actual citizens can live off of.

Till then, there will always be slave labor illegals will be willing to do.

Also,

Maricopa County, in which Phoenix is located, is all too familiar with the problem of racial profiling. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is subject of a Department of Justice investigation into rampant allegations of racial profiling and discrimination and has been named in 2,700 lawsuits. In North Carolina, researchers found that 287(g)’s have “created a climate of racial profiling and community insecurity” in communities across the state. According to a report by the ACLU, racial profiling in Gwinnet County, Georgia has been exacerbated by the 287(g) program. The ACLU received complaints from drivers, pedestrians, and Gwinnett community members showing that police officers are targeting immigrants and people of color for stops, searches, and interrogations.

Wonk Room Racial Profiling Already A Problem In Arizona Before The Bill Was Signed Into Law
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

How DARE we enforce our laws...Mexican illegals are "speshul" for one reason only, cheap labor. That's the REAL reason a stink is even being raised over this bill. How DARE somebody take away our cheap labor. You think the government or anyone else REALLY GIVES A FUCK about these people except for the possibility to use them??
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Now, don't you know that anyone not in possession lily white skin, hopefully paired with blue eyes and blond hair, is immediately suspicious? Silly you.
    About half of my also Mexican cousins should be safe, then...

For those of you that support this bill.. you really think it'll work? What guides the profiling this bill entails? If you look "Mexican".. if you look "illegal"? Half my family would be on the chopping block here. Thank god I was blessed with fairly light skin and green eyes then.. jeez. God forbid I should ever be caught without my birth certificate.. maybe I should travel with the dude that delivered me, too. That should save me some trouble. He's pretty dark too, though. Last name is Mexican. Maybe he's an illegal too. Better round him up with the others. I heard he shops at Home Depot too. There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah i really doubt the pigs will be stopping blonde, blue eyed people and asking to see their papers...
    whatever your stance on illegals, i don't want to live in a place where the police can just stop you any time and ask to see your papers for no reason. can't wait for the first stories about asthmatic children being tazed in the head for not whipping out their ID fast enough - you know it's coming.
    I agree. I'm part Native American and Italian and my hair's pretty fair but I have brown eyes and a natural tan so growing up and even now a lot of people assume I'm Mexican. I've had plenty of people who have tried to strike up conversations with me in Spanish, take my order in restaurants in Spanish, etc. So to think someone could stop/harass me simply based on my appearance scares me...if I lived in Arizona that is. It's racial profiling, no matter what the reason for it is.

also, in these times of economic uncertainty, illegals are the perfect scapegoats for all of society's ills, a fact that is not lost on right-wing, populist politicians eager to cash in on the public's ignorance and growing xenophobia. much easier than actually admitting that the vast majority of problems are caused by the economic system those same right-wing politicians helped put in place and want to perpetuate...
    it's the oldest trick in the book. and it never fails: anywhere in the world, when the economy is in the shitter, populist, xenophobic politics gain popularity and foreigners get the blame.
    people are so easy to fool. that's another thing that never changes...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It'll end when american companies start paying a living wage that actual citizens can live off of.

Till then, there will always be slave labor illegals will be willing to do.

Also,
    This is true!!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

fucking idiot this bitch is. if she wanted a cruel and unusual legacy; she sure got it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information