Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arguments against gay marriage in the US don't hold up

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Arguments against gay marriage in the US don't hold up

Trolli, trolli come thru! We want to talk to Trolli! (is this how you talk to someone with multiple personality disorder? ) I see the same beliefs, logic and thinking process, maybe just a weird coincidence.

Somebody say Pedo?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^^ EEK!

haha don't gays/homosexuals deserve the right to be as miserable as STRAIGHT married couples?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMonkey
    I think it was more of a reaction to their sick pedophillia. Those cultures while brilliant in some ways, were absolutely disgusting in their desire for sex with young boys. gross and I'm glad they died out.
    The ancient Greeks didn't practice pedophilia. Try pederasty.
    They were mutually consenting relationships between a man and a teenager, most often viewed as a sort of apprenticeship for the younger one.
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    The ancient Greeks didn't practice pedophilia. Try pederasty.
    They were mutually consenting relationships between a man and a teenager, most often viewed as a sort of apprenticeship for the younger one.
    you can call it whatever fancy name you want, it was still nasty old men taking advantage of pubescent or pre-pubescent boys. They were pedophiles plain and simple. Yes the countries may have continued, but this nasty culture has died out Thankfully. And I highly doubt they were truly consenting relationships, the old man had the power and used it to sodomize young boys. sick sick sick sick sick

If you'd bother to read, you'd realize that there was no taking advantage or rape of any sort. It was simply the custom of the era. Also, if you'd read, you'd see that I'm not defending it, just correcting assumptions that have been made in this thread.
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    If you'd bother to read, you'd realize that there was no taking advantage or rape of any sort. It was simply the custom of the era. Also, if you'd read, you'd see that I'm not defending it, just correcting assumptions that have been made in this thread.
    I don't buy it, if you have an adult male in a position of power and an adolescent boy it is rape pure & simple. But then I'm sure the boy-man love club would definitely say it was consenting, even admirable. The Greek & Roman practice of pedophillia was/is disgusting.

Have you read any historic accounts of how people felt about the practice? Seen any artwork depicting it?

you can call it whatever fancy name you want, it was still nasty old men taking advantage of pubescent or pre-pubescent boys. They were pedophiles plain and simple. Yes the countries may have continued, but this nasty culture has died out Thankfully. And I highly doubt they were truly consenting relationships, the old man had the power and used it to sodomize young boys. sick sick sick sick sick
    Your doubt means nothing. Your doubt cannot change facts.

You know, I actually used to respect your views, even if I disagreed with them. Now, I find them laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI
    Have you read any historic accounts of how people felt about the practice? Seen any artwork depicting it?
    Probably not. JungleMonkey doesn't *do* facts.

I love how 2000 years of history and knowledge can be blithely ignored because it doesn't jibe with her 'opinion'.

Perfect example of neocon thinking. If they don't agree with it, it didn't exist despite all the accumulated knowledge on the subject.

Gawd, I wish my world was that malleable.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

JM, you cannot apply morals and social standards of today to customs of yesteryear. Hello, slavery for example? Today is it reprehensible that people could be owned as property simply because of their skin color, yet back then, it was just what was done. Of course there are always exceptions in any era, but the discrepency still remains

No no, morality has been unchanging and absolute ever since Jesus rode a stegosaurus to church.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You're being glib, Grimm. You don't know the history of morality. JungleMonkey does.

I don't buy it, if you have an adult male in a position of power and an adolescent boy it is rape pure & simple. But then I'm sure the boy-man love club would definitely say it was consenting, even admirable. The Greek & Roman practice of pedophillia was/is disgusting.

Then what do you think about how it used to be fine for teenage girls to get married to older men? It's frowned upon now but way back then it was fine. My grandmother got married when she was 15! Do you call it rape/pedophilia just b/c it was a man with a younger boy?

SVZ

You gotta remember the life expetencies weren't that high either. And chances are by the time you hit 25 you've already had your share of disease

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information