Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Who says i was referencing children? 'retard' means retarded in mental, social, or any number of ways. Generally the people we're speaking about are adults in here, and generally we're speaking about complete dumbasses who are such through ignorance or willfull stupidity.

I'm not insulting children, and frankly, if you want to show me one female who has control over her genetic structure to the point where she can pick and choose the mental aptitude of her kid from conception, then i'll concede that said mothers are being insulted.

Till then, no.
    Um maybe it had something to do with the fact that you were calling the special needs baby a "retard?" If you had apologized it would have been one thing, but you didn't, you kept saying it over and over. To me that's the mark of an immature person.

I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree on this issue.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I listened to the whole thing. I didn't want to but you have to know what you are arguing against. It was a good speech, but I doubt she even knew what she was talking about unless it was about her family. I really don't care about all the gossip in her family etc. I am worried if McCain is elected and drops dead, she doesn't have the intelligence, savvy, or experience to take over. No matter how many good speeches are written for her, nothing trumps her lack of experience.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Palin is not the first women to be VP of a major party ticket.
    She is the first one to actually have a shot at winning. Geraldine never had a chance in '84.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    Um maybe it had something to do with the fact that you were calling the special needs baby a "retard?" If you had apologized it would have been one thing, but you didn't, you kept saying it over and over. To me that's the mark of an immature person.

Definitions of retard on the Web:
    define:retard - Google Search=

While retard may not be used as one of the lighest terms, especially among kids these days, it is still an official medical term. Sorry, but people can't keep being politically correct and sugar coat it by saying 'special needs' all the time. Sorry, but the kid's retarded. He has downs syndrome, a disease that's just a LITTLE bit more than a special need.

I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree on this issue.
    I thought i called it a flipperkid.. flipperkid redux was the situation, with the Palin thing.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That is true (about the women VP).

Quote Originally Posted by cretin View Post
    You don't ask questions. You don't think for yourself. All you do is call people names and it is so old!
    I can't believe I'm defending Grimlock here But when it comes to Obama vs. McCain debates, he destroys all arguments. And he's not even American.
    Last edited by bychance; September 3rd, 2008 at 11:19 PM.

I couldn't listen or watch. I think she may be the devil and I can't bring myself to watch this. I have talked to a lot of people today and almost all of them, even the ones I respect, said they think she is wonderful. I couldn't believe it. I am scared for our country.

You should probably re-evaluate your respect for them.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    That is true.

I can't believe I'm defending Grimlock here But when it comes to Obama vs. McCain debates, he destroys all arguments. And he's not even American.

Not trying to sound like a kiss ass, but Grimm absolutely pwns in arguements.

I wasn't impressed by Palin's speech. But since she looks like Tina Fey it's hard to take her seriously anyway. I loved how she kept taking swats at Obama, considering that this time last week most of the country didn't even know she existed.

And pimping out her kids was a nice touch. Although I did laugh when her husband just dumped the baby off in one of the kids lap.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It's like watching an extra from the movie Fargo....

And when did John McCain fight for us??? In Vietnam? Another war that had NOTHING TO DO WITH US???

Go back to the PTA and Moose huntin', will ya there!!
    My boss said the same thing when we were all watching Palin's speech at work. That accent was killing me.
    Last edited by kingcap72; September 3rd, 2008 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    You should probably re-evaluate your respect for them.
    Seriously! That was my first immediate thought.

Silver Member

This is a little OT- but how come everyone is upset (rightfully so) if a gay/racial slur is used but seems fine with "retard" being used over and over?
    Because those mentally challenged cannot speak up for themselves like other groups. I know many "retards" who show more humanity than most. Alas, I get off topic....carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by cretin View Post
    I reported you too. Cheers!
    LMFAO!!!!!!

It doesn't work that way. You can't just click 'report' and it'll automatically give said member an infraction. There can be rejection, and it has to be a legit reason to be reported for.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Definitions of retard on the Web:
    [LIST]While retard may not be used as one of the lighest terms, especially among kids these days, it is still an official medical term. Sorry, but people can't keep being politically correct and sugar coat it by saying 'special needs' all the time. Sorry, but the kid's retarded. He has downs syndrome, a disease that's just a LITTLE bit more than a special need.
    Thanks for the definition (and I'm well aware mental retardation can be used in a valid way depending on the context)- but it has a lot more to do with the way in which it was said (in a joking, derogatory manner) than the word itself. Most people can discuss politics without resorting to mocking mentally challenged babies. I mean let's be honest, Palin's qualifications can be ripped apart on their own without all these attacks on her family.
    Last edited by nycgirl; September 3rd, 2008 at 11:25 PM.

wait, flipperkid doesn't seem worse?

... is there an army of thalidomide babies flopping their way towards me?

*eeks, and jumps on a stool, dress in hand*

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information