Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    This is insanity!! Look at the state of this country after 8 years of Bush and Co!! I just spent almost $130 at the grocery store for basic food for a week. Everything is going up, up, up. The oil companies and those invested in them have made banner profits and bragged about it while the rest of us struggle. Bush and cronies are heavily invested in oil and have no incentive to go after the oil companies. We are in the middle of a useless, worthless war which is draining the country dry. Do you people who support McCain REALLY want 4 more years of this shit?????????????????????
    You sum it up best, my dear.
    No clue why anyone would want a continuation of this mess. The facts don't lie.... and it's a damn shame.

religion IS scary.. i was at a fair, and there was this "are you sure you're going to heaven" booth, with this box on the front with a hole in the top. Over it, was a sign that said "Look in the box to see what Jesus died for".

naturally, in the box was a mirror. NYUCK NYUCK.

Anyway, as i curiously glanced in the mirror and admired myself, the crusty owner popped out of nowhere and boomed "What are you gonna do with jesus!"

I blinked, and said "huh? What am i going to do with Jesus? I don't understand."

"jesus died for your sins, son! What are you gonna do with him?" he replied

"I dunno.. take him to lunch?" i said deadpanned.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this country scares me sometimes. how can ppl let such shit run their lives???????????

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Quoted for truth.

All the Republicans care about is pro-guns, pro-life, and anti-gay. That's ALL they care about. They could really care less if this country went further down to Hell or not.
    Nicole they don't really care about that stuff; they use those topics to get people to the polls and not trying to be a stereotyping bitch but alot of people that would consider those things major issues are a bit ignorant and are less likely to question what the fuck is going on.

Guns, life and gayness are really not their agenda and if that's all you see then you're missing the much bigger picture. Think beyond republican; there is hardly any such thing as a true republican anymore what you're looking for is neo con.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

[QUOTE=Str8_uncut-jock;1357608 Sarah Palin, in my opinion, is not qualified to do that. I care that she was mayor of a town of 5,000 people in a state with 640,000 people total. Her executive experience required her to hire an administrator to run the day to day operations of that 5,000 person city as well. She didn't do it herself...but I will give her credit, after the city council proposed a recall on her election, she did the "right" thing and hired someone who could manage the city. I care that she has been governor for 20 months.

And Biden and Obama have to treat her with kid gloves because the minute she is hurt by them, the fundamental soccer moms out there will cry foul...they will, you and I both know it. If she stands her own, they will celebrate her...if she does not, it will be noted that she is being picked on. That is the simple truth as I see it.[/QUOTE]

Some high schools have more than 5000 kids. Should we make the student body president VP? No.

Agreed on how to handle Palin. Can't hit below the belt because everyone will cry foul. The only one that would be able to "fairly" go toe to toe with her and be deemed as "fair" would be Hillary. Palin against Hillary? Please, Hillary would chew her up and spit her out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It's not just his age but his health in general. I am terrified of the thought that if he does get elected and does die that this woman will be our President.
    I didn't vote for Bob Dole because I thought he was too old. My grandfather was in his 70's, got diagnosed with cancer and in 6 months he was dead. Sure, he could live til 90, but he may not.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

Anyone in office runs the risk of being assasinated,too.
    Absolutely. Obama has a REAL risk of an assassination attempt, because there are a lot of "crazies" out there like the Columbine boys who want to be famous forever. However, the difference is, Obama made sure the VP would have no problem taking over. Not leaving the country to Yukon Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Don't remember the economy mentioned either last night. We are in the middle of a finance & credit crisis.
    This hasn't been mentioned the whole convention. Nothing about the economy. No outlines, no plan on how to fix things. The RNC is completely sidestepping the issue.

With that said, I watched the speech. And overall, as speeches go, she did a good job. She had carisma, and delivered the speech. But the speech was all style, no substance. And, I didn't walk away with a great feeling. After Obama speaks, you walk away feeling inspired, like you can change the world. With Palin, it was like, yeah, she gave a good speech.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I just need to say it:

I really enjoy healthy debate and sometimes it is difficult to have debates where a forum can be as one-sided as these political threads can be. I feel a little out of place because I am able to disagree with someone's political views without needing to resort to calling them stupid. It seems pretty arrogant to me to say that I'm so smart and right that anyone who has a viewpoint that is the polar opposite of mine must simply be mentally retarded or have a 2nd grade education at best. That kind of thinking is what has earned the left the elitist label and thus alienated as many potential voters as George Bush has. I actually think someone can have a high IQ even though I can't see for the life of me why the support overturning Roe V Wade or why they oppose stem cell research. I admit I'm biased against religion, particularly how some people want the entire government to be based on their religious views (yet they criticize the Taliban!). I do get very angry but I still try really hard to practice what I believe in and it frustrates me to no end when I see people being hypocritical and think it's okay because they're the good guys. To me that's no different than the US thinking it's okay to invade Iraq becasue they are the good guys. People think it makes it okay for them to make personal attacks but it's classless and petty when the opposition does it. It's okay if my candidate gives a nice fluffy speech that makes you feel all overwhelmed with possibility even though they didn't point by point tackle every issue on the table in detail, but if your candidate does it they are all style and no substance and a lightweight.The finger pointing back and forth really annoys me most. Maybe it is just part of human nature to be hypocritical, but I want to be better than that if I can. No wonder so many people don't even bother to vote.

These threads just turn into more of a circle jerk than anything else.

MANIFESTO ISLE 8!!!!!

The left got the 'elitist' label unfairly in a lot of cases, or were falsely deemed "elitist" by, frankly, stupid people.

Now before you decry THAT as elitist, consider what I mean by stupid. Let me elaborate:

1) Being poor, but voting for people that will continue to reinforce your poverty or make it worse.

2) Being pro-life, but loving war and death penalty.

3) Being against science, but enjoying all its benefits be it medical, entertainment, or basically using ANYTHING in modern life.

4) Willfully ignoring bald-faced lies, even though the information disproving said lies is right in front of your face.

Etc.

Those people ARE stupid. They vote against what is best for them, what's best for them in a completely quantifiable and proven way. It's masochistic, almost. It's like being all for the guy holding a gun to your head, and then voting for him to pull the trigger. It makes no sense. It is incongruous. It's stupid.

Why is it elitist to point that out? The entire definition of "elitist" has been co-opted by people who would rather disguise the fact that their definition of "elitist" actually means "person with common sense".

It's even MORE ridiculous when the people bandying that definition around, however falsely, are the very people the ORIGINAL and TRUE definition refers to!

The fact that so many people get even the definition of 'elitist' wrong is stupid!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

It is just hard for me to take people seriously when I see them abandon their principles just because they get really angry or because the other guy is an asshole that takes cheap shots so it 'doesn't count' if they do it ,too.

And Grimm: to some people, anyone who believes is God is automatically 'stupid'. Anyone who stands when the National Anthem is played is 'stupid'. Anyone who actually is proud of America in any way is 'stupid'. And anyone who actually has the audacity to think that they should keep most of their hard earned money rather than sending illegal aliens to college for free or giving more food stamps to crack addicts who breed like rabbits is mean, cruel, racist, xenophobic, whatthefuckever.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I knew one cat whose name was "stupid"

let me tell you, nothing but drama every time it was called for dinner.
    I know a guy who named his water bottle "Bitch"

and he drank out of it?!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    It is just hard for me to take people seriously when I see them abandon their principles just because they get really angry or because the other guy is an asshole that takes cheap shots so it 'doesn't count' if they do it ,too.

And Grimm: to some people, anyone who believes is God is automatically 'stupid'. Anyone who stands when the National Anthem is played is 'stupid'. Anyone who actually is proud of America in any way is 'stupid'. And anyone who actually has the audacity to think that they should keep most of their hard earned money rather than sending illegal aliens to college for free or giving more food stamps to crack addicts who breed like rabbits is mean, cruel, racist, xenophobic, whatthefuckever.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    and he drank out of it?!
    Every day!

I said measureable ways, did I not?

God doesn't measure on your life unless you let it RUN your life. Then it usually ends up impacting OTHER PEOPLE in a measurable way instead.

A National Anthem being played or not is irrelevant. It does not impact you in a measurable, material way. it is emotional.

Ditto for the "proud" thing. Emotional. Not measurable.

The rest DOES impact in a measurable way, financially, personally, crime stats wise so that itself is not up for debate within this context.

Thread Information