Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?

I found it kind of disturbing how many old men were wearing buttons with Palin's picture and words stating she was either the "Hottest V.P." or Governor. Apparently she has nothing besides her face to make a button about.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Oh that is so funny lol
    Teens planning to marry, even before the pregnancy - yep most parents would be really happy about that.
    Yep, and that's why they waited until she could no longer hide
    being knocked up
    They're not even tryign to put a good spin on it anymore, because
    they know their voters are so ignorant and blinded by faith and
    power, they'll buy anything, as long as it is said by a Repug.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I just about threw up last night, man those crazy Republicans they are so desperate and nuts.
    And as far as the liberals being angry. Hell ya! And that's just what we need to be. Palin is such a laughing stock that people were not taking her seriously and now they know they have too because the Republican base is just stupid enough to fall for her! What she did last night was fire up the Democratic base and the LIBERTARIAN base....against her and her party.

Last night might have been the best thing to happen to the Democratic party.
    Last edited by Lily Bleu; September 4th, 2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: mispelling

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I found it kind of disturbing how many old men were wearing buttons with Palin's picture and words stating she was either the "Hottest V.P." or Governor. Apparently she has nothing besides her face to make a button about.

sexism is only bad when it's criticizing you.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I managed to watch both Rudy and Palin last night. Rudy is such a slimey character. He's so smug, he should put a patent on it. Patronizing jerk. Biden was spot on by saying that all of Rudy's statements consist of "noun. verb. 9/11." Rudy's speech probably caused a lot of independent voters to turn off the TV. He was too harsh and went too far with his attacks. He didn't win any undecided voters for McCain with his antics.

As for Palin, I'll give her credit for coming across as a sweet, folksy kind of 'gal.' She's articulate. I've read that her telepromoter went beserk during her speech. If so, she did a good job of following her cue cards and staying on track. I'm sure she was rehearsed within an inch of her life, but I'll give credit where it's due. Minivan moms will love her.

But at the end of the day, Palin is just a PTA mom who thinks she's smarter than she really is. I think a lot of independent voters will write her off as a pretty but silly GOP puppet who's way out of her league when it comes to running with the political bigwigs. Palin energized the GOP base, but I doubt she won over many indie voters. So now it's going to be a full-on fight for those votes. The game is on.

Palin is going to be ripped to complete shreds. That swipe at Obama's community organizing experience will come back to haunt her. That was so dismissive and personal. It had nothing to do with whether he can be a good president. At least Obama didn't leave his community $20 million in debt, like Palin did to Wasilia. Palin went into attack dog mode last night. Wanna play in the big yard? Expect to get bit, lady. Let Biden tear into her, I say, XX chromosomes be damned.

Palin's got a lot of baggage to carry. Wait until people find out that after she 'canceled' the Bridge to Nowhere, she kept the $200 million+ earmarked for the project for her state. Yet she claims to have said 'thanks, but no thanks' when it comes to that bridge. Apparently, she had no problem keeping the soft money involved with the project. TrooperGate is going to get bigger and nastier. Her husband may have been a member of some club that wanted Alaska to secede from the U.S. Are we back to the days of the Civil War? Something's rotten in the state of Alaska, and it isn't dead moose!

Palin is going to be more trouble than she's worth for McCain. She's just one scandal away from being buried. And if the Obama campaign doesn't dig it up, the media surely will. Everyone loves a scandal. And Palin's tree is ripe with rotten fruit. I think she's in trouble.

Where is Hillary? Where is Nancy Pelosi?

Biden and Obama both have to be careful in attacking Palin...whether we like it or not, they will come off as anti-woman and as bullies if they go after her the way we want them to. Nancy and Hillary should have already been out there tearing her apart. Especially Hillary...she has nothing to lose at this point and lots to gain. That way no one could say that Palin was being attacked because she is a woman. Hillary, I am waiting impatiently. Hurry.

Elite Member

Pelosi isn't a great public speaker, so it's best if she stays out of this one.

Hillary can definitely handle Palin, but I don't imagine she'll say much. Hillary's probably thinking long-term. If Obama loses, she'll run again in 2012. And with McCain not likely to run for a second term, Palin will be the presumptive GOP nominee. Hillary is likely drooling at the possibility of slapping around Palin in a campaign.

Well Hilary has to step it up because if McCain wins and croaks during his first term- this woman could be president. 2012 will be interesting to see that if she wants to be the nominee.

But I'd like to say - why should they be careful- in her own words shes a pitbull with lipstick during last night's speech. She basically opened herself up to it.
    And Thatcher, Ghandi and Merkle can handle with playing with big boys. This smacks of double standards.

And in her Barracuda Barbie's own words she handled the big old boy's network then crying sexism because she cant handle the heat is not about her gender but her lack of freaking experience.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I also don't know why McCain's age is being treated like such a big deal. He could live to be 95 like his mom who is still in good health for her age and not senile from what I can tell. I don't like ageism and it is rampant everywhere, just ask anyone over 50 trying to find a job in sales or in the corporate world.

Anyone in office runs the risk of being assasinated,too.

It's not just his age but his health in general. I am terrified of the thought that if he does get elected and does die that this woman will be our President.

^ We make a big deal about his age because as a man in this country, he has about a 33% chance of living to be 80 years old. That would be two terms should he win the election...the person he picks as VP has to be ready on day one to step in when he dies. Sarah Palin, in my opinion, is not qualified to do that. And I don't care about her looks, or that she is sassy or whatever...I care that she was mayor of a town of 5,000 people in a state with 640,000 people total. Her executive experience required her to hire an administrator to run the day to day operations of that 5,000 person city as well. She didn't do it herself...but I will give her credit, after the city council proposed a recall on her election, she did the "right" thing and hired someone who could manage the city. I care that she has been governor for 20 months.

And Biden and Obama have to treat her with kid gloves because the minute she is hurt by them, the fundamental soccer moms out there will cry foul...they will, you and I both know it. If she stands her own, they will celebrate her...if she does not, it will be noted that she is being picked on. That is the simple truth as I see it.

I loved seeing Joe Biden interviewed where he said the media is being unfair to Palin and a bit sexist. He also said her family needs to be off limits. His behavior comes off as that of a professional gentlemen. Now he can stick to the facts that are important to our nation and tear her limb for limb by using facts.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I also don't know why McCain's age is being treated like such a big deal. He could live to be 95 like his mom who is still in good health for her age and not senile from what I can tell. I don't like ageism and it is rampant everywhere, just ask anyone over 50 trying to find a job in sales or in the corporate world.

Anyone in office runs the risk of being assasinated,too.
    yes and younger people die unexpectedly quite often..heart attacks, strokes, etc...Cancer is also no respecter of youth.

To me the age thing all depends on the individual. Some people are old at 60, some are young at 75. My grandmother is 95, and still in good physical health.

Winston Churchill was PM from the age of 66-71, and was later elected back into that office at 77 where he served until he was 81. Disreali served as PM from the age of 70 until 76....age did not stop them. It's all about the individual.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

McCain has a history of skin cancer. It's been in remission for 8 years, but there's always the chance of it coming back. Plus, who knows how much he suffers from PTSD? The man was in a cage for 5 years--we can't say how deeply affected and/or wounded by that.

Being president is a tough job. Take a look of pictures of Clinton and Dubya from when they first enter office and during their last year in the Oval Office. Being president ages even the best and healthiest. Even Obama is sporting more gray than he was at the beginning of this year.

I think the questions surrounding McCain's health are legitimate, especially with Palin on the ticket.

The bottom line is that McCain is entrusting the whole of the United States if he kicks the bucket (which is highly possible) to some chick who has absolutely NO fucking experience.

What did she say about foreign policy last night?

Right... I don't remember either...

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information