Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    Call me an asshole but I can't wait till she gets torn to shreds!! She could use a dose of freakin humility.
    Not going to happen. Republicans are automatically forgiven their transgressions even though they never apologize.

Google her speech. Nothing but articles impressed with her, wall to wall.

Advantage McDouchebag. It's all over but the election fraud.

On my way to work this morning, I was listening to the radio, as I usually do, and the commentators were all saying that they thought her experience as a mother of 5 children has prepared her for this job. They went on and on about it. Seriously, they think being a parent to 5 kids can prepare someone to negotiate with terrorists, fix a broken economy, reform an entire nations education system, while solving the energy crisis?

How many of you HR managers out there, people who make hiring decisions, would hire someone who put on their resume they had 5 kids which has prepared them to be CEO of a fortune 500 company? We would all laugh at that person..in unison and then scornfully mock them for weeks. If the country thinks being a parent is preparation enough for the second toughest job in America, then having just one child should be enough to lead a small non-profit organization. Two kids should qualify you to be a governor of a medium size state. Three kids and you can clearly run a internation conglomerate. Four kids and you can be Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Hell, what does six kids get you? The Duggers should be running the entire fucking world by now...what, they have like 18 kids right?

While I commend parents and those who are working hard every single fucking day to raise kids, I hardly think it makes any of them qualified on that alone to do any type of professional job in this country.

hell, fuck college...why go? All you have to do is pop out a baby and suddenly you have job experience and skills necessary to do a professional complicated job. I am bitter. Yes I am.

^ Ugh,it's so disturbing and scary.

The farthest I got was when she slammed Obama for not using the word "victory" with the war.Bitch,please.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I thought her speach was lackluster...it was about 20% content about her and the Republican party and 80% anti Obama one liners...I didn't care for it
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Her speech was filled with lies and no real substance. But what I did like about it - she turned into pitbull so this sexist shit is out of the window. The real test is when shes facing the debates and the stories coming out- dont forget the National Enquirer has a doozy of an issue out this week and a follow up next week. And if they try to ignore this without a rebuttal then it will just get worse.
    Another thing is this- McCain's speech is going to be compared to hers as much as she was comparing herself to Obama. It might look bad if looks weaker than his own VP.

And I thought she was going to talk about issues... funny that.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Well, this is coming from someone who has nothing in common with Sarah Palin except that we both own guns and a vagina:

She was poised and had very good timing. She looks like a natural up on that stage. She is beautiful and articulate. She has a lot of charisma and is obviously very bright (I'm not one of those people who need to call someone stupid just because we don't share the same views). Her speech was fantastic. Her barbs were witty and she showed some toughness that many people don't think women are capable of. If I were someone completely unaware of her political stance I would be a huge supporter just based on what I saw last night.

I suspect her charisma will annoy many Obama supporters simply because a lot of them seem to think their guy has the patent on style, poise, and charisma.......he most certainly does not. I suspect this makes some of them nervous because we all know how persuasive those qualities can be. Hell, it's worked for him so far, right?
    ***For the record, Obama has many qualities I admire and that was not intended to bash him. I do, however, believe that the 'feeling' he gives people watching him has contributed to his success more than his views on any issues or his professional accomplishments.

I do not think she exploited her family any more than any other candidate has. What about Obama's adorable little girls watching him saying "Hi, Daddy!"? This is a no-win situation for any politician: if you don't bring out your family it is harder for many voters to identify with you as being one of them and if you do you are accused of using their cuteness to bait voters. So what if one of her kids happens to have Down's ? I doubt she planned that disability so she could score points. It amuses me to watch both sides accuse the other of using their kids to their advantage, when they both have put their families out there for public consumption. Then again, both sides are critical of each other for doing the very same things. Everybody thinks it's 'different' when they do it. That's bull to me.

Bottom line: people that support Obama will likely not be able to acknowledge anything positive at all about her or her speech. Likewise for McCain supporters. I'm glad I am not so myopic in my views that I cannot give the devil his due.

I'm also disconcerted with the 'liberals' who would have a stroke if a Republican accused a Democratic woman of letting motherhood interfere with her work or suggested she was wrong for having career ambition while raising 5 kids, especially one with special needs. I have read on other sites where some 'liberals' have done just that. Yet, they don't criticize Biden (who I've always been fond of) for being a single widowed Dad commuting to Washington daily with 3 young children at home. No one asks who was caring for them while Daddy pursued his career.

It's obvious from many of the comments here (can't take her seriously because she looks like Tina Fey, glorified cheerleader, annoying voice, the empty headed masses lap up the superficial hooplah) that many leftists are simply scared shitless after seeing her last night. I guess she did her job well.
    Last edited by crumpet; September 4th, 2008 at 09:03 AM.

1) She didn't write that speech and had no input in it. She's a former pageant chick and did some newscasting, so of course she knows how to smile and read a teleprompter.

2) Her speech was devoid of substance. All it said was "i have 5 kids, obama is inexperienced, im not going to tell you how im going to help solve any problems".

3) She whined about her kids being targets, but shoves them in the spotlight to make them so.

4) She's been caught lying so many times in barely a week that it's hard to keep up.

The problem is, no 'conservative' will look past her "good looks" and her lame swipes at Obama to see what I just listed. They're enthralled with the most superficial bullshit that it's almost laughable.

The only reason to be scared of her is that shallow nonsense for idiots actually WORKS on the idiots. That in turn means a shallow, inexperienced and lying asshole of a woman might be in power, and that in turn is BAD.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Levi Johnston Debuts "Bristol" Tattoo on Ring Finger at Convention
    Thursday September 4, 2008

Bristol Palin, daughter of presumptive Republican U.S vice-presidential nominee Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and her boyfriend Levi Johnston sit together on day three of the Republican National Convention (RNC) at the Xcel Energy Center on September 3, 2008.
    Justin Sullivan/Getty ImagesBuzz up!

Pregnant 17-year-old Bristol Palin and her 18-year-old boyfriend Levi Johnston displayed their commitment to each other at Wednesday's GOP convention.
    Johnston debuted a "Bristol" tattoo on his ring finger, while Bristol rocked what appeared to be an engagement ring. (McCain campaign officials have yet to identify the ring.)

In a statement announcing that their daughter was five months pregnant, Sarah and Todd Palin noted that the teenage couple planned to wed.

Levi flew to the convention in Minnesota from his Alaskan hometown on Wednesday. He was warmly greeted at the airport by Sen. John McCain.
    Levi's mother, Sherry Johnston, recently told the Associated Press that there had been no pressure put on her son to marry Bristol and that the two teens had made plans to wed before it was known she was pregnant.

Usmagazine.com | News - Levi Johnston Debuts "Bristol" Tattoo on Ring Finger at Convention
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^^Oh, okay. We'll pretend that all these people didn't support Obama in masses from the get-go becasue of how 'inspiring' his speeches are or what a commanding voice he has. Not saying that many don't also support his issues, but that is NOT what got him the momentum he had.

I never heard her 'whine' about her kids being targeted. Quote please?

Most politicians don't write their own speeches. I notice she is being singled out for that when in fact it is true most of the time for most all of them.

Levi's mother, Sherry Johnston, recently told the Associated Press that there had been no pressure put on her son to marry Bristol and that the two teens had made plans to wed before it was known she was pregnant.
    Oh that is so funny lol
    Teens planning to marry, even before the pregnancy - yep most parents would be really happy about that.

Oh for gods sake, she has surrogates and proxies to whine FOR her.

And no, most politicians at least have input in their speeches if not writing them from scratch, vetting them through a speechwriter and fleshing it out.

She got handed Lieberman's speech, they excised his crap, stuffed hers in and shoved her onstage.

it's phony, it has no content, and was basically just a Bush retread of bitching, blaming everybody around them for shit THEY did, and attacking the evil 'liberal' washingon (fucking hilarious, considering the last 8 years have been in THEIR hands)

it's just the same shit from 4 and 8 years ago with a new barbie face on it, and the stupids lap it up. That's the really depressing part. It's the same fucking talking points, the same shit that was provn to be false, all over again.. and nobody has learned a damn thing, or clued in, in that audience.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

God, her chichis are bigger than her belly :O Is she wearing a corset?

And the tattoo is craptastic. What an idiot.

he looks so miserable up there.

oh well. that's what you get for fucking a fundies daughter.

Also another thing - the speech was filled with inconsistency and you can tell if you look at the speech in detail that it doesnt hold up with lies/no substance. Yeah she sold herself to the nutttier base, the audience in the RNC just showed that- apparently there were only 33 black delegates in the whole hall. But I think her pitbull reference and the negativity wont really attract the moderates and the independants.

But if you look at some of the stuff she said, her attack Obama for his grassroots efforts in community organizing, and that hes an elitist and out of touch typical politician. Is that an oxymoron statement, yet shes the one who goes one about coming from a small town and I'm sure she has some form of community organization especially with her experience as mayor from a SMALL town. But then as Gov for a large state but with a population of 6 hundred thousand- she has executive experiences and has good knowledge of foreign affairs since Alaska is close to Siberia which is just as populated as her state.
    The GOP has more experienced women in their ranks but they chose Caribou Barbie because she looks 'hot' and shes a puppet, because the people who are currently in control of the party are the rightwing nuts- if McCain couldnt choose Lieberman then how the hell can he stand behind the issues he believes in with people like that running the game.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information