Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 271

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

  1. #121
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Thank you. I stopped posting here because the personal attacks on me were suddenly involving my children. Thats reason to get out, when no one steps in to stop it. Pretty sad. Not once have I ever attacked anyone personally even tho I certainly would have loved to, but some just have to go there. That's just low. Now I pick and choose what P threads I post in.
    You didn't stop posting here because of personal attacks, you stopped posting because the stuff you posted lacked actual credible facts. I believe there were concerns about pudding or something?
    Hannity blasts it all wide open!!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  2. #122
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    here is an article I found about the tax cut question. I don't know if this answers your question but I tried.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123172020818472279.html
    Thanks for trying. I do know all about the estate tax and its history and future (it's my business). My question is more to do with the Republican stance on income taxes - the teabaggers (if you will).

  3. #123
    Elite Member cupcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay florida
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    That's what I remember too.
    No one personally attacked you. If they did, then they would have been banned. I seem to remember that folks had opinions on topics, such as homeschooling, that you didn't like.

    Which is essentially the jist of this thread. Discussing politics is just too personal for some people. Go figure. The French can go to a restaurant with completely different views on politics and discuss it for hours. And they do it routinely. But not Americans. If someone disagrees with their political views--Quelle horror!--it's just too much. Someone's feelings might get hurt.
    Guess it falls better under this caregory... Failure to maintain overall good fellowship/camaraderie, and/or if you are consistently unpleasant, malicious, or personally attack other members. but whatever. I dont do it.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

  4. #124
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Thanks for trying. I do know all about the estate tax and its history and future (it's my business). My question is more to do with the Republican stance on income taxes - the teabaggers (if you will).
    oh sorry I tried
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  5. #125
    Elite Member cupcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay florida
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    You didn't stop posting here because of personal attacks, you stopped posting because the stuff you posted lacked actual credible facts. I believe there were concerns about pudding or something?
    Hannity blasts it all wide open!!!
    I know when I stopped posting and that was not it. I sent a letter to a mod as to why I wasnt posting. Why would those things stop me from posting? I have no desire to participate in a debate that becomes personal.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

  6. #126
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Guess it falls better under this caregory... Failure to maintain overall good fellowship/camaraderie, and/or if you are consistently unpleasant, malicious, or personally attack other members. but whatever. I dont do it.
    Come on now cupcake, you can't sit and play victim, when you gave as good as you got.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  7. #127
    Elite Member L1049's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chillin with my homeboy Xenu
    Posts
    2,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    that's all yer gettin of me, i'm going to stay relatively incognito what with internet freaks around..

    hrm. i should start a photography thread for the actual photography though.. do we have any more shutterbugs on the board?
    *Waves hand* Most of my photos are aviation related but I just shoot whatever catches my eye.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    TKDgirl & Mrs.Dark: while on the subject of recycling, can you guys direct me to a place that sells a great recycling trash can? I've looked all over and can't find one. I want one that is small, but has separated cans for recyclables. A friend had one that had 3 containers and it was brilliant, but I can't find one anywhere.
    My mother buys those small pop-up mesh clothes hampers that you can buy at dollar stores for about a buck. They don't last forever, but for a buck who gives a shit?
    Found a pic of one on ebay:


    Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Well I don't participate in any other 'politically oriented' website, regardless of political affiliation. The only 'politics' I get involved with on the web is here on GR.

    I'm sure there are Republicans/conservatives here who frequent conservative websites where their hatred of liberals/democrats goes beyond sane reasoning.

    I'm talking way worse than anything on here. Well that is their right. But again I don't have anything personal against anyone here based on political affiliation.
    You should go to Rapture Ready or FreeRepublic and see how they talk about democrats/Liberals.

  8. #128
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    *Waves hand* Most of my photos are aviation related but I just shoot whatever catches my eye.




    My mother buys those small pop-up mesh clothes hampers that you can buy at dollar stores for about a buck. They don't last forever, but for a buck who gives a shit?
    Found a pic of one on ebay:




    You should go to Rapture Ready or FreeRepublic and see how they talk about democrats/Liberals.
    I never thought to use those laundry baskets for recycling. thanks for the suggestion
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  9. #129
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    29,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    As always, thrown into a big pot. I live in San Francisco, I have been to countless gay weddings, have dozens of gay friends of both sexes, and believe it or not, Prop. 8 was just that, you could vote yes or no, it made no difference whatsoever what party you belonged to. And this is why many of "us" judge you like you judge us. You sound just as bad as the people you mock, to you we are all exactly the same person. None of us know each other other than the idiotic celebrity threads we all contribute to.

    We signed up to talk about celebrity gossip, the fact that somebody added a political forum on here was nothing to do with that. If we choose not to talk politics, there's nothing wrong with that.
    Er. I don't know if you meant to reply to my post, but this makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know you personally to know anything about you. But here's what I do know: I really don't care how many gay events you've been to and how many gays are goodhearted enough to keep you as a friend. If you're a Republican, you're a member of a party that supports bigoted anti-gay legislature. If that makes you or anyone else uncomfortable to hear, I'm not the one you should be taking offense at. If you're actively working to eliminate this from the Republican party, rock on.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #130
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    TDKgirl is a Republican. I think it might just be you and her, and Sparkly.
    lol I'm not a Republican- I'm Libertarian. I mentioned that in my previous post. I did vote for Obama though.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  11. #131
    Elite Member cupcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay florida
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Come on now cupcake, you can't sit and play victim, when you gave as good as you got.
    I did not say anything malicious to any member here. I got plenty of positive messages on the way I handled what came at me. I have no reason to stoop to that on here but think what you want. I have nothing to prove. Who is playing victim? I am not the only one with a complaint against being treated unfairly. Its a freaking message board. Why do I want to rip someone? Nor do I want to be ripped or my family dragged into it. Would you? I kept my cool and will contiue to, but those are the reasons I bowed out. Id like to see what some others would have done in my place.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

  12. #132
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    I did not say anything malicious to any member here. I got plenty of positive messages on the way I handled what came at me. I have no reason to stoop to that on here but think what you want. I have nothing to prove. Who is playing victim? I am not the only one with a complaint against being treated unfairly. Its a freaking message board. Why do I want to rip someone? Nor do I want to be ripped or my family dragged into it. Would you? I kept my cool and will contiue to, but those are the reasons I bowed out. Id like to see what some others would have done in my place.
    YOUR FAMILY SMELLS OF ELDERBERRIES

  13. #133
    Elite Member cupcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay florida
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    YOUR FAMILY SMELLS OF ELDERBERRIES
    Thank you i love Elderberries!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

  14. #134
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Thank you i love Elderberries!
    well...well....YOUR FATHER WAS A HAMPSTER!

  15. #135
    Elite Member cupcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay florida
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Actually he is retired from the marines
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hello, I'm new to the board
    By DefyingGravity in forum New Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
  2. Moderate Republicans 1, House Republicans 0
    By miss_perfect in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 10th, 2005, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •