Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

I doubt if any republicans will answer this question but thats ok, you will get plenty of dem answers.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Why wouldn't you answer the question? It's a legitimate question.

*tries not to smirk*

conservatives usually have problems with those, if you hadn't noticed the last 8 years
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

damn i want a snuggie

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Thank you. I stopped posting here because the personal attacks on me were suddenly involving my children. Thats reason to get out, when no one steps in to stop it. Pretty sad. Not once have I ever attacked anyone personally even tho I certainly would have loved to, but some just have to go there. Thats just low. Now I pick and choose what P threads I post in.
    Really? I'm sorry to hear that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    You think bigotry isn't hurtful? We have openly gay members on this board. I'll have to ask to be sure, but quite possibly the fact that some of you support denying them equal rights and protection under the law is a tad more hurtful than being called a "faggot". Even though I'll give that you (personally) certainly have good manners and are as nice as someone can possibly be about it.
    As always, thrown into a big pot. I live in San Francisco, I have been to countless gay weddings, have dozens of gay friends of both sexes, and believe it or not, Prop. 8 was just that, you could vote yes or no, it made no difference whatsoever what party you belonged to. And this is why many of "us" judge you like you judge us. You sound just as bad as the people you mock, to you we are all exactly the same person. None of us know each other other than the idiotic celebrity threads we all contribute to.

We signed up to talk about celebrity gossip, the fact that somebody added a political forum on here was nothing to do with that. If we choose not to talk politics, there's nothing wrong with that.

No there isn't.. but the reasons thrown out so far have been rather questionable.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    that's all yer gettin of me, i'm going to stay relatively incognito what with internet freaks around..

hrm. i should start a photography thread for the actual photography though.. do we have any more shutterbugs on the board?
    I used to have my own darkroom. I love black and white and would be in there until 2:00 in the morning,(kinda late when you have young children). Eventually I gave my equipment to the local high school. It was great though.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

try digital, get back into it!

it never goes away

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Wtf? When did that happen? WHo? what was the topic?

i don't remember ANY of that, so i don't buy it
    It was regarding Homeschooling I nbelieve.

try digital, get back into it!

it never goes away
    I do digital on my computer, but nothing compares to having a piece of photo paper in a developing bath and watch the picture come up. It never gets old. digital almost seems like cheating. silly I know.
    Last edited by Tati; April 12th, 2009 at 11:18 PM.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

No, i understand that.. i find people who use photoshop to digitally screw with their photos cheating

lol.. cheating in steps

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Since we have the Republicans assembled in one place, can I ask a serious question. Can someone explain the tax cut fervor to me? The tax cuts that were EGTRRA, passed in 2001 by a republican congress and republican president had an expiration date of 2010. Is the argument that there is an enforcable property right in those tax cuts? The whole reason that the 2010 date was inserted was to pay for the tax cuts - do we have more money to extend them? Or is this the only rallying cry left after the Bush administration - even if it doesn't make any sense. The current Congress and current President aren't doing anything but letting the temporary cuts expire...please explain, I'm so confused about this.
    That is a good question. One I am not able to answer but I will attempt to get an answer for you. I didn't want you to think that your question was not being addressed

Thank you. I stopped posting here because the personal attacks on me were suddenly involving my children. Thats reason to get out, when no one steps in to stop it. Pretty sad. Not once have I ever attacked anyone personally even tho I certainly would have loved to, but some just have to go there. Thats just low. Now I pick and choose what P threads I post in.
    I too am sorry you had that experience.
    Last edited by Tati; April 12th, 2009 at 11:18 PM.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Well I don't participate in any other 'politically oriented' website, regardless of political affiliation. The only 'politics' I get involved with on the web is here on GR.

I'm sure there are Republicans/conservatives here who frequent conservative websites where their hatred of liberals/democrats goes beyond sane reasoning.

I'm talking way worse than anything on here. Well that is their right. But again I don't have anything personal against anyone here based on political affiliation.

here is an article I found about the tax cut question. I don't know if this answers your question but I tried.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123172020818472279.html
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    It was regarding Homeschooling I nbelieve.
    That's what I remember too.
    No one personally attacked you. If they did, then they would have been banned. I seem to remember that folks had opinions on topics, such as homeschooling, that you didn't like.

Which is essentially the jist of this thread. Discussing politics is just too personal for some people. Go figure. The French can go to a restaurant with completely different views on politics and discuss it for hours. And they do it routinely. But not Americans. If someone disagrees with their political views--Quelle horror!--it's just too much. Someone's feelings might get hurt.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information