Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

So what's specifically being done once a month special and out of the ordinary than what people are (or should be) doing every day?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    So what's specifically being done once a month special and out of the ordinary than what people are (or should be) doing every day?
    Its more so to get people who aren't recycling to start. People are encouraged to bring paper, plastics, burnable material, etc.- the very things the company already recycles.

Before recycling centers opened near me, I'd bring in all my paper and put it in the appropriate bins in the plant.

From personal experience, thanks to recycling, my garbage is never full on trash day. If they offered every other week service, I'd be good.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to understand why a woman would be against another woman's right to choose. Also, if they are against big Government, then why do you want their to be laws against gay marriage? I don't get black republicans at all...and don't try.
    Sad to say but I believe the 'happy' good ol' times that a few republicans want back have women barefoot and pregnant with no say so at all, LGBT people back in the closet, no abortions, and nice obedient darkies in their place... How can any minority be apart of a party/group that have members who think like that?!?

Micheal Steele a black republican who I truly despise, because I saw how he operated here locally, he pandered to blacks when he wanted their votes. Just like the rest of the republicans do when they want us to vote for them...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i'm a Republican, but i dont vote that way. i just keep it that way because its the way i Registered when i was 18.

*off to read the thread*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

TKDgirl & Mrs.Dark: while on the subject of recycling, can you guys direct me to a place that sells a great recycling trash can? I've looked all over and can't find one. I want one that is small, but has separated cans for recyclables. A friend had one that had 3 containers and it was brilliant, but I can't find one anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Sad to say but I believe the 'happy' good ol' times that a few republicans want back have women barefoot and pregnant with no say so at all, LGBT people back in the closet, no abortions, and nice obedient darkies in their place... How can any minority be apart of a party/group that have members who think like that?!?
    In "the good old days" before things like the internet, cable TV news, birth control (i.e. sexual revolution) and before people were as mobile it was easier for these folks to insulate themselves and avoid thinking about or considering those people. There's no excuses now.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    TKDgirl & Mrs.Dark: while on the subject of recycling, can you guys direct me to a place that sells a great recycling trash can? I've looked all over and can't find one. I want one that is small, but has separated cans for recyclables. A friend had one that had 3 containers and it was brilliant, but I can't find one anywhere.
    I've used IKEA containers and labeled them for specific recycling items. Now, I use those mesh file holders you can get at Staples. I put wheels on the bottom so I can move them easily, and make a 'recycling train' to link and pull them to the recycling center, which is just a 10 min. walk. Garbage collection companies usually charge for extra recycling containers and retrieval.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    I've used IKEA containers and labeled them for specific recycling items. Now, I use those mesh file holders you can get at Staples. I put wheels on the bottom so I can move them easily, and make a 'recycling train' to link and pull them to the recycling center, which is just a 10 min. walk.
    That is a great idea! But it would never work for me, my dog would be in the file holders in 2 seconds. I'll quit hijacking this thread and make a thread in Home & Garden for this.

Elite Member

Default re

Cali, if you find anything like that, let me know. That's exactly what I need.

Elite Member

Default re

Try this, sister

Suddenly I wish I were a gay man.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Conservatives don't stop posting or refrain from posting altogether because they feel they're wrong or because they don't think they can "prove" their arguments. They stop because they are tired of the ridicule, name-calling, and personal attacks that they're subjected to every time they try to express their opinions.

It's honestly very hurtful and I know that in my case, I avoid the politics threads because the comments made on them sour the experience of GR for me and make me feel unwanted on a forum I've been active in for (I believe) several years and normally enjoy. It's just not worth it to let politics spoil it for me. I do feel that a lot of cruel and unnecessary behaviors, attacks, and speech are directed towards conservatives and, to a lesser degree, Christians here. And I don't think that people would tolerate them or find them amusing if they were being directed towards them or towards other groups.
    Thank you. I stopped posting here because the personal attacks on me were suddenly involving my children. Thats reason to get out, when no one steps in to stop it. Pretty sad. Not once have I ever attacked anyone personally even tho I certainly would have loved to, but some just have to go there. Thats just low. Now I pick and choose what P threads I post in.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Wtf? When did that happen? WHo? what was the topic?

i don't remember ANY of that, so i don't buy it
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

your children smell of elderberries

Since we have the Republicans assembled in one place, can I ask a serious question. Can someone explain the tax cut fervor to me? The tax cuts that were EGTRRA, passed in 2001 by a republican congress and republican president had an expiration date of 2010. Is the argument that there is an enforcable property right in those tax cuts? The whole reason that the 2010 date was inserted was to pay for the tax cuts - do we have more money to extend them? Or is this the only rallying cry left after the Bush administration - even if it doesn't make any sense. The current Congress and current President aren't doing anything but letting the temporary cuts expire...please explain, I'm so confused about this.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information