Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

Much as I'd like to believe we're all above personal attacks, the only reason non-Republicans on this board take less bashing is because they outnumber Republicans.

But as far as name-calling goes, if the shoe fits, I can't very well bitch and moan about it. Now, I don't agree with name calling when it gets personal, but if I'm proud enough to call myself a card carrying "whateverpartymember" then I have to take the good with the bad. Or be openly vocal about the things I don't like that I am seeking to change about my party because "yes, those name callers (rude though they may be) are actually right about my party being supportive of blahblahblah".
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^ you done yet . ( sorry that was for grimm's response to me, not to you Mrs. Dark)

grimm,sigh, I don't know what you want me to say to you re: your response to me. Nothing I say will change your mind about what I have to say to you anyway so what does it matter. I could give you scientific proof that the sky is green and it would still not be enough for you. so be it. whatever.

having said that I stand by my statement (which is different than an opinion) that in general ,not just you grimm, that what a poster has to say may not be the answers that the opposing person wishes to hear. Happens on any topic.No one imo but no one will ever truly have facts when it comes to government.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    ^^ you done yet .

grimm I don't know what you want me to say to you. Nothing I say will change your mind about what I have to say to you anyway so what does it matter. I could give you scientific proof that the sky is green and it would still not be enough for you.
    Yes it would. That would be an argument backed up with sound fact. I'd then be getting myself checked for colorblindness and/or insanity.

having said that I stand by my statement (which is different than an opinion) that in general not just you grimm that what a poster has to say may not be the answers that person wishes to hear.
    If what the person has to say has been proven wrong time and again, then whatever they have to say is pretty much irrelevant.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yes it would. That would be an argument backed up with sound fact. I'd then be getting myself checked for colorblindness and/or insanity.

If what the person has to say has been proven wrong time and again, then whatever they have to say is pretty much irrelevant.
    I still don't agree with most of what you have to say about how you view another person's idea of opinion but in fairness I will agree with you that if a person's statements have truly been proven wrong multiple times then yes the opinion should be considered irrelevant.

I am out of here for now. Have a good holiday for those who celebrate
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Conservatives don't stop posting or refrain from posting altogether because they feel they're wrong or because they don't think they can "prove" their arguments. They stop because they are tired of the ridicule, name-calling, and personal attacks that they're subjected to every time they try to express their opinions.

It's honestly very hurtful and I know that in my case, I avoid the politics threads because the comments made on them sour the experience of GR for me and make me feel unwanted on a forum I've been active in for (I believe) several years and normally enjoy. It's just not worth it to let politics spoil it for me. I do feel that a lot of cruel and unnecessary behaviors, attacks, and speech are directed towards conservatives and, to a lesser degree, Christians here. And I don't think that people would tolerate them or find them amusing if they were being directed towards them or towards other groups.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

Hrmm..I don't think I have one, but even if I did you wouldn't get to see it cuz you're a cock.
    no balls

says the picless wonder.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Amen to what you said. I'm a Repub, and am for all of the above. You can't label an entire group to be the same. And no, I don't want to get into a discussion about it, cause as others have stated, you will be immediately firebombed.
    Yep yep. I've posted countless times here on the evils of stereotypes. As for me, I left the GOP around 4 years ago. I'm just a conservative now.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Conservatives don't stop posting or refrain from posting altogether because they feel they're wrong or because they don't think they can "prove" their arguments. They stop because they are tired of the ridicule, name-calling, and personal attacks that they're subjected to every time they try to express their opinions.
    If their opinions are based on incorrect information (ie conservapedia type sources) then said opinions are going to be torn apart.

It's honestly very hurtful and I know that in my case, I avoid the politics threads because the comments made on them sour the experience of GR for me and make me feel unwanted on a forum I've been active in for (I believe) several years and normally enjoy. It's just not worth it to let politics spoil it for me. I do feel that a lot of cruel and unnecessary behaviors, attacks, and speech are directed towards conservatives and, to a lesser degree, Christians here. And I don't think that people would tolerate them or find them amusing if they were being directed towards them or towards other groups.
    other groups tend to keep their bigotry in check or at least quiet. We've had a number of homophobic conservatives on here spewing their crap, and they were rightly run from this place.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post

You think bigotry isn't hurtful? We have openly gay members on this board. I'll have to ask to be sure, but quite possibly the fact that some of you support denying them equal rights and protection under the law is a tad more hurtful than being called a "faggot". Even though I'll give that you (personally) certainly have good manners and are as nice as someone can possibly be about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Yep yep. I've posted countless times here on the evils of stereotypes. As for me, I left the GOP around 4 years ago. I'm just a conservative now.

Environmentally?
    Last edited by Tati; April 12th, 2009 at 11:15 PM.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post

Environmentally?
    Nah, I admit to (gasp) recycling!!! I'll also only work for companies that have clear green initiatives and products.

ETA: At my previous company, I convinced the PTB to have a recycling day for all its employees- once a month. Even though I am no longer there, the made the recycling day official, kicking it off on Earth Day.

Oooh stop the presses! A single day of recycling! hehehe

oh snap, speaking of toronto now recycles plastic bags and styrofoam.. awesome. *runs off to bag em*

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Oooh stop the presses! A single day of recycling! hehehe
    No, silly, its every month. The company, itself, is an award winning green company. The monthly recycling is to get employees to 'personalize' the recycling efforts. Every employee is committed to recycling at work. Why not bring that home? That's what this initiative is doing.

ETA: Grimm, I'm thrilled our county recycling center takes care of the mercury bulbs, lawn chemicals, old oil based paint, oil from lawn mowers, etc. Now if they'd do the 4 and 5 grade plastics.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

says the picless wonder.

i r teh great anon. BOW

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information