Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Try this, sister

Grimm... OMG! You're a cutie..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

damn right, if you like em a bit bearish

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I must have been absent that day & missed the resulting parade.
    I did throw myself a ticker tape parade once, but that was cuz it was like my 1000th time of being totally right.

And while I'm being Debbie Downer, I'll admit that I prefer your color photos. These b & W ones are a little too gritty for my taste.
    Ahh gritty was what i was going for. It's a phase.

um ok, i think I've hijacked the thread enough now.

Back to republicans vs others..
    Last edited by Tati; April 12th, 2009 at 11:12 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Wait, before you guys proceed...hey, Grimm, did anyone ever tell you that you bear a resemblance to former House Of Pain's Everlast? Well, at least in the pic you provided just now.
    Rock the fuck on!

SVZ

sooooo gay

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    sooooo gay

I know, such a waste......... [sigh]
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

full body pic or you're fat

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    yea

you be called retard, gay-hater, jesus freak
    if you are a black repub, you get called uncle tom

you need to go to re-education camp

i have never read a post that has a republican calling dem posters any names

i wish we had section where we could post about the issues and not be called names
    Wow, very well stated!
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

LOL I can't believe how far this thread has come.

Just think of how far we have progressed....

Grimm actually said he was wrong

I have to say that yes if you have an opinion then go for it but it is difficult sometimes to avoid getting your head bashed even when you have facts to give to validate your opinions. Contrary to popular (well grimm's ) belief not ALL people leave the thread without answering the questions. It may just be that the answers provided were not the ones you wanted to hear. I am absolutely no expert in politics but I do read, I try to educate myself, and I try to answer questions in somewhat of an intelligient manner. I think the posters on these threads seem to be the same way. ( I can't speak for others just myself and my observations).

Bottom line an opinion is just that ..... an opinion... so therefore there should be no right or wrong.

I said before and I agree with many of the posts on here that say that there are moderates and extremists in every walk of life. The people who are in the extremist catagory are the folks imo that make a poor representation of a specific belief ie: religion,politics, birth options, etc.

I wish there were more parties taken seriously than just the rep and dems when election time comes around.

I have to say that I do feel that it is the candidate that matters not the party b/c in an essence the candidate is what makes the party not the party making the candidate. I don't agree with everything the Rep party stands for ie: I am pro- gay rights, pro-choice ( not partial birth abortions however), and want stem cell research to be done. I don't believe that Bush was the best thing since sliced bread but I also don't think that Obama is by any sense of the word. I don't always vote for one set party ( I have voted for D,R, and I). I once again don't think that political ideals are necessarily any longer an absolute to each party ie: when the debates were on BOTH dem and rep stated they did not agree with gay marriages. usually in the past that would be a rep no and a dem yes. I no longer think there is any b and w in all parties but for some issues they are grey. Unfortunately sometimes I don't think either party has the best interest in our country but rather how much in royalties they will be getting from those memoirs they will be writing. Everything these days just seems so pr it is not even funny.

I also thought it was a great point about how we don't hold back our gossip opinions but are careful in our political opinions. Maybe b/c those people we rag on don't really effect our lives but politics most certainly do and so people may be more focused on the poster then on the opinion. idk

anyway hope you all have a happy holiday if you celebrate.

on another note: Grimm I really liked your pictures. very nice

sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by viggofan; April 12th, 2009 at 09:08 AM.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    hrm. i should start a photography thread for the actual photography though.. do we have any more shutterbugs on the board?
    doooo it. i'm down to throw a few pics in.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    doooo it. i'm down to throw a few pics in.
    I am not a photographer but I would love to see some pictures that the people here have taken
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    Contrary to popular (well grimm's ) belief not ALL people leave the thread without answering the questions. It may just be that the answers provided were not the ones you wanted to hear.
    This is exactly why I have no interest in debating political matters. Finding the truth is like trying to pin jello to the wall. Nobody believes the other guy's "facts" or statistics. It's a never-ending circle of arguing, and IMO it's futile most of the time. No matter what point/fact/truth you come up with, somebody has some way of shooting it down & I get too frustrated & annoyed, trying to figure out what's right.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ you are absolutely correct in what you said. This too is why I don't go on this part of the board too much. I may try to dip my toes in more after this thread but I doubt it. Too stressful. I have to live with a guy who is soooooooo politically passionate he and Grimm ( well actually they did come head to head once) would have a field day together. Me, I am happy tearing apart celebrities
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    yea

you be called retard, gay-hater, jesus freak
    if you are a black repub, you get called uncle tom

you need to go to re-education camp

i have never read a post that has a republican calling dem posters any names

i wish we had section where we could post about the issues and not be called names
    You're kidding, right?

I'm sorry to inform you, but the Republican party as it is now is openly discriminatory against gays and seeks to deny them equal rights and protection under the law. How is that anything but hate? And ignorance?

As they can't NOT use their personal religious beliefs when backing up their reasons for this when they start shucking and jiving (to pander to the moderates or otherwise sane about to jump ship) about how they really don't hate gays at all and think that they absolutely should have equal rights...but (there's always a but)..that's exactly why they're called out for their religion. If they kept it out of their political decisions, they wouldn't get called names over it. Well, except maybe from the religious fundies who would then turn on them for taking GOD/JESUS out of our country (because apparently fundamentalism is okay if it's christian).

I also don't even see how any woman could vote for a Republican candidate because of what they stand for. Even if I didn't give a crap about gay rights or any issue representing anyone but myself (a LOT of people exist like this, like my own father for ex.) or the environment, as a woman I don't believe that they have my best interests at heart. Any party that would endorse a candidate that would overturn Roe V. Wade in a heartbeat has become a scary fringe party IMO.

Sorry to break it to you honey...but even if you were raised in the south and your mommy and your daddy and every other good person you know and love has voted Republican for the last 40 years (my situation), you and them are misguided and in need of some re-education since you apparently don't know what they stand for now if you think that "gay-hater" and "religious freak" doesn't represent any of them. It sucks to be called names, but I've seen it go both ways. This place is practically like a haven for people like me who have to deal with bullshit in everyday life...which is far worse than taking potshots online...any time someone discovers to their horror that I am not the good little southern Republican (just like them) that they expected, just because on the surface we have lots of other shit in common.

The only way I can vote for any Republican now is if they have the balls to stand up to what the Republican party has become in the last few decades (which won't happen if they want to keep getting the money) or leave the party entirely. Eventually what's going to happen is our 2 party system is going to fall by wayside and have to contend with other parties that better represent people who are against bigotry in any form, use common sense and don't live their lives on the fringe and the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    Grimm is so NOT fat!

He's beefy.
    Last edited by Tati; April 12th, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    You're kidding, right?

I'm sorry to inform you, but the Republican party as it is now is openly discriminatory against gays and seeks to deny them equal rights and protection under the law. How is that anything but hate? And ignorance?

As they can't NOT use their personal religious beliefs when backing up their reasons for this when they start shucking and jiving (to pander to the moderates or otherwise sane about to jump ship) about how they really don't hate gays at all and think that they absolutely should have equal rights...but (there's always a but)..that's exactly why they're called out for their religion. If they kept it out of their political decisions, they wouldn't get called names over it. Well, except maybe from the religious fundies who would then turn on them for taking GOD/JESUS out of our country (because apparently fundamentalism is okay if it's christian).

I also don't even see how any woman could vote for a Republican candidate because of what they stand for. Even if I didn't give a crap about gay rights or any issue representing anyone but myself (a LOT of people exist like this, like my own father for ex.) or the environment, as a woman I don't believe that they have my best interests at heart. Any party that would endorse a candidate that would overturn Roe V. Wade in a heartbeat has become a scary fringe party IMO.

Sorry to break it to you honey...but even if you were raised in the south and your mommy and your daddy and every other good person you know and love has voted Republican for the last 40 years (my situation), you and them are misguided and in need of some re-education since you apparently don't know what they stand for now if you think that "gay-hater" and "religious freak" doesn't represent any of them. It sucks to be called names, but I've seen it go both ways. This place is practically like a haven for people like me who have to deal with bullshit in everyday life...which is far worse than taking potshots online...any time someone discovers to their horror that I am not the good little southern Republican (just like them) that they expected, just because on the surface we have lots of other shit in common.

The only way I can vote for any Republican now is if they have the balls to stand up to what the Republican party has become in the last few decades (which won't happen if they want to keep getting the money) or leave the party entirely. Eventually what's going to happen is our 2 party system is going to fall by wayside and have to contend with other parties that better represent people who are against bigotry in any form, use common sense and don't live their lives on the fringe and the sooner the better.
    Excellent post!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    LOL I can't believe how far this thread has come.

Just think of how far we have progressed....

Grimm actually said he was wrong

I have to say that yes if you have an opinion then go for it but it is difficult sometimes to avoid getting your head bashed even when you have facts to give to validate your opinions.
    Again, conservatives and facts don't seem to go together. I have yet to see a conservative back up their arguments with anything but lies or 'facts' that can be verified to be totally untrue from ridiculous places like "Focus on the Family" or some christo-religious site.

Contrary to popular (well grimm's ) belief not ALL people leave the thread without answering the questions.
    Given our experience here, 99% of the time that's what happens.

It may just be that the answers provided were not the ones you wanted to hear.
    YEah, see this right here is the cop out. "My answers, though totally lacking in verifiable data or data that's verifiably wrong or from sources known to be utterly biased, incorrect and false, are fine, you just don't want to accept them!"

Bottom line an opinion is just that ..... an opinion... so therefore there should be no right or wrong.
    ROFL! An opinion built up around lies, incorrect data or lack of facts is WRONG. Just because it's an opinion doesn't make it right! I can have the opinion that the damn sky is green, does that make me right? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    Hrmm..I don't think I have one, but even if I did you wouldn't get to see it cuz you're a cock.
    Last edited by Tati; April 12th, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information