Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 271

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

  1. #31
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    LOL

    see? this is the exact kind of dumb crap you always hear about.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  2. #32
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Excellent point. I know a lot of repubs here in NY that are pro choice, pro gay marriage, very open minded people, who aren't in the least socially conservative. But they are repubs.

    Like anything, there are degrees.

    I've always felt it comes from having only two large parties. Not everyone has a party that really represents all they believe.

    Amen to what you said. I'm a Repub, and am for all of the above. You can't label an entire group to be the same. And no, I don't want to get into a discussion about it, cause as others have stated, you will be immediately firebombed.

  3. #33
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    Promise, I won't firebomb any of you. I have been on other websites where it does tend to go very extreme anti liberal/democrat, and it definitely is not pretty. So I try to keep that in mind.

    Honestly there are some things I sort of agree on, like the death penalty (which President Obama is also in favor of by the way), so on many issues it's not always cut and dry.

  4. #34
    Elite Member TonjaLasagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    I'm also a Libertarian & voted for Obama because I didn't like McCain's age, stand on women's issues and choice of VP.
    My little brother is a right-wing Rep, just like my parents.
    Most of my military friends are also right-wing Reps like their parents.
    My very wealthy friends are split - half Reps, half Dems.
    Worked for a few non-profits, all of whom were populated with Dems.
    I don't think i've ever dated a Republican, at least one that was vocal about it : )
    I vote on the issues that are important to me.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

  5. #35
    Bronze Member a_dogs_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    yea

    you be called retard, gay-hater, jesus freak
    if you are a black repub, you get called uncle tom

    you need to go to re-education camp

    i have never read a post that has a republican calling dem posters any names

    i wish we had section where we could post about the issues and not be called names
    Exactly. It's just not worth posting anything remotely political on this board unless you agree with the "gang" or are open for the assault that is inevitable.

  6. #36
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    for one, that's bullshit.

    2, if stupid crap is posted, it'll get torn apart. The pope says a bunch of stupid crap and it gets ripped apart constantly on here.

    I mean gimme a break, i post stuff critical of Obama all the time.. i did it 50 times more during the Bush era because Bush did vastly more stupid things much more often.

    If a position is stupid, or it's packed with lies and crap then it's going to get torn apart.. and frankly, the last 8 years have been a boon of that because the Bush era conservatives seemed incapable of confining themselves to anything factual. See, Sarah Palin.

    That's the real divide between the two camps.

    Conservatives want information to be conservative

    Non conservatives want information to be FACTUAL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  7. #37
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    That is true Grimm, you don't discriminate.

  8. #38
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    ie: www.conservapedia.com

    apparently wikipedia isn't conservative enough, so conservative went ahead and made up their own little fantasyworld with information they like.. instead of information that's FACTUAL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  9. #39
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm a Republican, and I only vote for Republicans because I believe that ultimately, the candidate is going to be responsible to their party. I may not dislike a Democrat as an individual, but I disagree with many things that the Democratic party stands for, so I am not going to vote for someone whose loyalty lies with that group. I feel that when you vote, you're not voting for the individual. You are voting for the party that will be in control.
    I have issue with this, because it means that the candidate is not a person of their own. They are just a puppet for a higher entity, which I guess Bush was. Why bother even nominating a candidate at all then?

    I can't go vote Repub. because I hate the way the religious right is taking control of their party. If you don't cater to the religious right, then you won't get the vote. And, last I checked, the constitution is based on the separation of church and state, so I don't think the religious right has any business trying to make or influence policy of people that do not have the same religious beliefs as them.

    If Republicans would distance themselves from the religious right, I would consider them.

  10. #40
    Elite Member WhoAmI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    Since Limpballs has declared himself to be the de facto head of the Republican party, and everything he stands for disgusts me, there's no way I would vote for anyone who would support his agenda. If a Republican shared my views and didn't kowtow to Rush, I would consider voting for him. I'm an Independent, but am becoming increasing disgusted by the Republican offerings, as they are all becoming winguts. So I'll continue to go after wingnut hypocrisy and insanity until they become more logical and normal (non-evangelical and honest).

  11. #41
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    Limpballs, love it

  12. #42
    Elite Member L1049's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chillin with my homeboy Xenu
    Posts
    2,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_dogs_life View Post
    Exactly. It's just not worth posting anything remotely political on this board unless you agree with the "gang" or are open for the assault that is inevitable.
    BAWWWWWW!!. If you think you have an argument (in various political threads) than fucking post it. Who gives a shit if you get "mobbed" or it's an unpopular opinion. If you feel that strongly on your political beliefs than you shouldn't be scared to 'announce' them.

    While the majority of GR members may be considered 'left-wing' at least people aren't banned for opposing conservative views. Whereas places like FreeRepublic and Rapture ready, you are an 'evil socialistic anti-christ' if you mention that you're a little bit liberal. Than you are promptly banned.


    If people can present an argument in a reasonable fashion, valid reasoning (without resorting to the whole fascist/socialist BS) evidence, sources, etc, regardless if you're liberal/conservative/whatever than go for it.

    It pisses me off when someone blindly supports one party, that they consider 'good' while the other party is 'evil.' Supporting one party as a whole without "asking questions" and looking at their negative values is downright dangerous.

    Excellent point. I know a lot of repubs here in NY that are pro choice, pro gay marriage, very open minded people, who aren't in the least socially conservative. But they are repubs.
    There are whackjobs in every political party and unfortunately they get the most attention. Honestly, if I were a moderate Republican (read: non fundie whackjob) , I'd be pissed at what my representing party has become. It's the far-far-right religious nuts that are bringing down the GOP and making the entire party look like a bunch of douchebags which we know is not the case.

  13. #43
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    I believe 'moderate' republicans even get grief from their party on things like gay marriages and whatnot. Sadly if you want to be taken 'seriously' from that political spectrum you have to go with the flow, and that isn't my cup of tea if you catch my drift.

  14. #44
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_dogs_life View Post
    Exactly. It's just not worth posting anything remotely political on this board unless you agree with the "gang" or are open for the assault that is inevitable.
    Interesting. Somehow it's apparently easier for many people to argue for their favorite celebrity, even if other people on this board don't like them, but not political positions. Why is that? For what other reason do we have a thread asking where all the Republicans are. I don't see threads asking where are the Aniston/Jolie/Pitt/Cruise/Mayer/Jay-Z/Beyonce/Kanye fans are in the Latest Gossip section. If all Republicans ditch political threads, then obviously the threads aren't going to skew to a Republican point of view.

  15. #45
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ie: www.conservapedia.com

    apparently wikipedia isn't conservative enough, so conservative went ahead and made up their own little fantasyworld with information they like.. instead of information that's FACTUAL
    Thank you so much, now I need a bath!!

    ie...http://www.conservapedia.com/Gay
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hello, I'm new to the board
    By DefyingGravity in forum New Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
  2. Moderate Republicans 1, House Republicans 0
    By miss_perfect in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 10th, 2005, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •