Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

I think there are a lot of reformed Repugs on here. I hate to be tied down with a label-if I like someone & what they say,they have my vote & I could care less which party. There are some Republican politicians who have a mind of their own & are not scared by nutty religious freaks. Not even all Republican senators agree! If,for instance John McCain would have been pro choice & seen women as actual equals, he would have been given more thought, by me at least. And I did consider him,especially at first. His Vice Presidental choice showed he had an utter contempt for women & lack of confidence in the average American voter.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Excellent point. I know a lot of repubs here in NY that are pro choice, pro gay marriage, very open minded people, who aren't in the least socially conservative. But they are repubs.

Like anything, there are degrees.

I've always felt it comes from having only two large parties. Not everyone has a party that really represents all they believe.
    my point to grimm exactly. sterotyping is not necessary in my book as there are many people who no longer vote for the party but for the candidate and his/her beliefs. If they are the same as mine at that time/state of the country at that time then I vote for that person not necessarily for that party.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Smile

I'm raising my hand!!!!!!
    I'm a very proud registered Republican.
    I tend to stay away from the political posts, and don't read them very often. This board tends to fall on the liberal side where politics are concerned.
    I enjoy the posts on other topics for sure.
    Happy Easter

*I forgot to mention that I have voted Democrat if I felt the Democrat was the best choice.
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

You have to remember that Grimm in stuck in Canada,with boring politics. It took me a while to realize he craved the excitement we get on a daily basis. His viewpoint and worldview is just slightly off center sometimes,but rarely dull!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm a Republican, and I only vote for Republicans because I believe that ultimately, the candidate is going to be responsible to their party. I may not dislike a Democrat as an individual, but I disagree with many things that the Democratic party stands for, so I am not going to vote for someone whose loyalty lies with that group. I feel that when you vote, you're not voting for the individual. You are voting for the party that will be in control.

Of course there are a few republicans on here, I will never (probably) agree with them, however I am tired of this shit that puts them all into the ignorant fool category.

I truly can't thank everyone enough for giving such great respectful feedback. I wasn't sure how well this thread would go over
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirl View Post
    The group-think mentality and the way anyone who doesn't agree with the majority is treated is just annoying.
    People who say this make me want to tear my hair out. There IS NO GROUP-THINK. PERIOD. Its a myth of the Republican Party to try to cut all Democrats down to size as mindless followers. Its just NOT TRUE.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirl View Post
    Of course not... so why is it considered acceptable to generalize all Repubs with the most extreme examples of their party?
    Its not acceptable. But in my experience, there are SO many Republicans who adhere to the entire party platform. It seems that many Republicans don't see things in shades of gray- its either Republican and right, or its just wrong.

And I don't see Democrats to be that way. Democrats are more willing to see shades of gray, to pick and chose which of the party issues they support, and to outright reject issues as well.

i'm a republican, but i don't participate in the back and forth debates. mostly i just read and lurk.

Elite Member

Default re

There are other political forums like this one--that is, sub-forums associated with websites that aren't political in nature--where conservatives predominate. In those places, I imagine liberals feel pretty much the same way when they post something--outnumbered. That's just the nature of things.

There are plenty of places for conservatives to go if they want to--the hard part is finding a place to have a balanced, intelligent discussion with people of different viewpoints.

I am independent, but I voted for Mccain and yes got beat up here so I rarely post anymore. I tend to lean more conxervative but vote Demcorat sometimes. I leaned towards Obama for awhile but he lost me with sitting under Rev Wright for 20 years. That and some other issues. I honestly didnt care much for Mccain either.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

I am neither however I am far to much to one side so I just comment on what people say and don't retort.

Silver Member

Angry

yea

you be called retard, gay-hater, jesus freak
    if you are a black repub, you get called uncle tom

you need to go to re-education camp

i have never read a post that has a republican calling dem posters any names

i wish we had section where we could post about the issues and not be called names

1) republicans tend to be the ones spewing the anti gay crap.

2) republicans tend to be hardcore jesusfreaks

3) black republicans ARE uncle toms
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    you need to go to re-education camp
    Reminds me of the latest from Michele Bachmann:

Bachmann: "Obama Wants Re-education Camps for Young People"

Rep. Michele Bachmann, who has levied the most bizarre and outlandish critiques against President Obama since before he came into office, did not disappoint this weekend.

Appearing on Minnesota radio station KTLK-AM, (h/t Minnesota Independent) the Republican congresswoman expressed her concern that White House was trying to put in place "re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward." Furthering the Obama-as-autocrat theme, Bachmann said the youngsters would "then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums."

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a1S-ToTwOA[/YOUTUBE]

The launching point of Bachmann's remarks was the widely popular and bipartisan Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, which would expand national community service programs from 75,000 positions to 250,000.

"It's under the guise of -- quote -- volunteerism. But it's not volunteers at all. It's paying people to do work on behalf of government," said the Minnesota Republican. "I believe that there is a very strong chance that we will see that young people will be put into mandatory service. And the real concerns is that there are provisions for what I would call re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums."

The Obama White House did not immediately return request for reaction. The Kennedy Serve America Act passed the House of Representatives by a vote of 275 to 149 and the Senate, by a vote of 79 to 19.
    Bachmann: Obama Wants "Re-Education Camps For Young People" (AUDIO)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information