Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That would have been me. I was leaning McCain until the Palin fiasco, but then I knew nothing about president Obama at that time. I did my research after that impossible Palin pick.

For the record, I'm neither Repub or Dem, mostly a centrist. I vote for the individual I think is more qualified regardless of party lines. Drives my dad crazy, LOL. (not to mention grimm)
    Honestly, I had no problem with McCain and was meh about the election until Palin came aboard.
    Maybe some of the older people here can answer this for me. Has there ever been a VP pick that pretty much, single-handedly torpedoed a candidates chance at winning an election as much as Palin did?

I personally think the Rhino/neorhino Party should expand and start up in the US

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    Maybe some of the older people here can answer this for me. Has there ever been a VP pick that pretty much, single-handedly torpedoed a candidates chance at winning an election as much as Palin did?
    You're forgetting that the wingnuts are claiming that she had no detrimental effect on the outcome; rather it was that fact that McCain wasn't conservative enough that destroyed the ticket. That really makes no sense, because that would imply that the winguts didn't vote for McCain, so who the hell did they vote for?

Honestly, I had no problem with McCain and was meh about the election until Palin came aboard.
    Well, my uncle, who is in his mid-70s, realized he couldn't vote for McCain after he picked Palin. He knows what it's like to be an old man, and couldn't justify voting for McCain when the possibility of something happening to McCain was too great and Palin just being too dumb. It just wasn't realistic choice having Palin on the ticket.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I personally think the Rhino/neorhino Party should expand and start up in the US
    That's a great question. After giving it much thought, I can honestly say that there has never been a VP candidate that was more detrimental to a Presidential nominee than Palin was. He elected her simply because she's a woman, and it turned around and bit him on the ass.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    Just wondering b/c everytime I think I can fight the good fight on the politics boards I am so outnumbered

Am I the only one who voted Republican this go round. I don't vote for the party but for the candidate so I am not a true advocate of one party.

Any republicans here .... going once, going twice
    http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/

But they're all looney though. And you don't even want to go to Free Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    My problem with "republicans" is this.

Republican politicians, by and large, say and support stupid things. I'm not talking stuff that straddles the line, or complex social issues that have to be hashed out. i mean blatantly stupid shit that ANYBODY should know is totally wrong. It's like they're devoid of even the merest hint of common knowledge, and when confronted just make shit up.

They love war, they love retarded economic platforms that make NO sense and when put into practice, destroy the economy.. they're all for taking rights away from people, all the while bleating about THEIR rights. THey're for big oil, pollution.. these days, they're all for anti-intellectualism, theocracy and other insanities.

They're for invading your homes, telling you who you can or cannot love, what you can do in bed, but amazingly have a problem whern the government starts intruding on their money. It's like a circus of hypocrisy.

Half of them don't even know what they're talking about. They get on TV and say things that are so abominably idiotic that you just have to wonder if they really ARE that stupid, or uneducated. I mean, let's look at the raft of republican nutjobs. Bachman, Bush, Steele, MCSame, Palin... i mean.. is that who you want representing you? Are those the people that embody your views?

So i have to wonder: why would anybody VOTE for THAT?
    Democrats are criticized for this too, but really, its only because if they're completely against war, the Repubs call them a bunch of hippie pussies. Libertarians are completely anti-war. I think if Democrats would stick to their guns (ha, ironic) they wouldn't try to compromise; but that's the only way to win votes from moderates and the right.

'Republicans: In this country you have to be for some war or else you're a pussy' - Bill Maher

McCain really sold out. Look at his campaign in 2000. Completely different.
    Last edited by Tati; April 14th, 2009 at 08:47 AM.

I have to tell you all about my media in society class tonight. I go to a large CSU university and we don't have tons of right wing fundies, but they are around and they usually make their presence known.

There's this 26 year old woman in my class, she's really nice, but very conservative and (politely) argues a lot in class because she's really stuck in her right wing ways.

We had a civil discussion about Fox News, majority of the students believed it was biased. And she was ranting and raving (she's obviously pro-faux news) that it wasn't and she, along with other conservative Republicans she knows, feel that it's 100% legit.....

Then we had to watch a documentary called 'OUTFOXED: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism', it really goes into how biased Fox News is.

She got pissed and walked out. Seriously, talk about tunnel vision. God forbid you supply her with an ubiased documentary with FACTS. She couldn't handle it.

We seem to run into these right wing Republicans who get angry often when confronted with actual facts. They can't even accept that MAYBE their way of thinking could be wrong.

Here's the trailer on Youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39FnpuMRfo[/youtube]

Here's a long clip of it (48 min):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvSLNSn5swk[/youtube]

You can see most of it on Youtube if you search for the title. It's really good and has FACTS.
    Last edited by DeadDwarf; April 14th, 2009 at 01:59 AM.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/

But they're all looney though. And you don't even want to go to Free Republic

Democrats are criticized for this too, but really, its only because if they're completely against war, the Repubs call them a bunch of hippie pussies. Libertarians are completely anti-war. I think if Democrats would stick to their guns (ha, ironic) they wouldn't try to compromise; but that's the only way to win votes from moderates and the right.

'Republicans: In this country you have to be for some war or else you're a pussy' - Bill Maher

McCain really sold out. Look at his campaign in 2000. Completely different.
    As a Libertarian, I have to correct this statement. That isn't entirely true. We believe in defense, so if someone makes threats to our country or its citizens than we have the right to defend ourselves. But Libs don't believe that the US as a whole has the right to go sticking its nose in other people's business, much like most of the other free world nations (and they're actually liked by the rest of the world ). A clear exception to that rule would be something like WWII. If that were to ever happen again, or something to that effect, then I believe most Libs would vote to go over and help out. But if you think about it, we would save at least a trillion dollars a year if we stuck to defense, instead of behaving like we are now. Voila~ no more national debt in a matter of years!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Yes, Eagleton as VP with McGovern's campaign has many paralells to the McCain choice in the last election.

The country was completely divided much like it was this election, we were fighting in a very unpopular war, and when the story broke that Eagleton had been treated with ECT for depression he became a laughingstock. It led to serious questions at the time in the press about McGovern's judgement, so they dropped him and replaced him with Sargent Shriver, but the damage had been done. The campaign did not recover.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    That was an interesting list. Palin will eventually earn her rightful place in infamy on that list, too.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

EPIC THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    boy am I sorry I started this thread I learned my lesson.

grimm was that grammatically correct

Next time you post anything political - make sure you're wearing a flack jacket!
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

No, just make sure you have a sound argument.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Or take the time to defend your arguments. Nothing wrong with that either.

Thread Information