Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Republican grovels before Rush Limbaugh, calls him Leader, apologizes..

So far there hasn't been a stunning new development in here that would lead me to think conservatives aren't retarded. Hell, they can't even debate coherently.

It's usually a post and run situation.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ....... no, just pointing out the reality of the flow of conversation as it was till 2 seconds ago when you redirected it by putting words into people's mouths and now the whole house of conversational cards has fallen and gone retarded.

Good job.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.
    Don't be mad just because I pointed out that some of you have the same bad habit as Rush, which is still on the topic of Rush, and points out that what you all bash him for, well you do the same.
    So if that's not on topic, or up to your standards, who gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it.
    Don't be mad just because I pointed out that some of you have the same bad habit as Rush, which is still on the topic of Rush, and points out that what you all bash him for, well you do the same.
    Uh no, Rush doesn't allow a counterpoint, doesn't rely on facts or anything remotely related to quantification, and operates in his own little tightly controlled bubble of misinformation or ignorance.

We post articles here from legitimate sources, not FOX news or hack websites belonging to nutjob thinktanks or "research councils" devoted to narrowminded ideology pushing, provide examples and back shit up.

There are no comparisons whatsoever.

So if that's not on topic, or up to your standards, who gives a shit.
    I rarely do.

Also, the only people who complain about being "ganged up on" are people who never have any backup for what they say, always cite idiotic, biased sources, or frankly have no idea what they're talking about.

ALWAYS. It never frigging changes.

It's ALWAYS conservatives too. On here, other boards, in real life. Everybody is expected to simply agree with them despite not having one shred of proof or data to back up their insane claims, and then they feel like they got raped when nobody does. That's how Rush operates, and that's how his drooling followers do. They kill their own argument by being unprepared and then screech victimhood.

It's not my fault if what people say is ill informed, wrong, or just plain goofy. It's theirs. Maybe if they bothered to learn about a topic or ponied up some facts they wouldn't have a problem.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

People call into his show to disagree with him or tell him they hate him all the time. Besides, Rush is an entertainer. He does political comentary, with his opinions. No one has to agree with his opinions.

Personally, I think Sweetie always has great post.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    People call into his show to disagree with him or tell him they hate him all the time. Besides, Rush is an entertainer. He does political comentary, with his opinions. No one has to agree with his opinions.

Personally, I think Sweetie always has great post.
    I've gritted my teeth through his show many, many times. The show takes whatever caller THEY want. Including the VERY occasional liberal (hand picked by the screener whenever possible to poorly represent liberals) to act as a "fig leaf" for the shrill indoctrination that occurs over three hours.

So, basically, you have a show that is about 99.7% "Rush's conservative thoughts".

Uh no, Rush doesn't allow a counterpoint, doesn't rely on facts or anything remotely related to quantification, and operates in his own little tightly controlled bubble of misinformation or ignorance.

We post articles here from legitimate sources, not FOX news or hack websites belonging to nutjob thinktanks or "research councils" devoted to narrowminded ideology pushing, provide examples and back shit up.

There are no comparisons whatsoever.

I rarely do.

Also, the only people who complain about being "ganged up on" are people who never have any backup for what they say, always cite idiotic, biased sources, or frankly have no idea what they're talking about.

ALWAYS. It never frigging changes.

It's ALWAYS conservatives too. On here, other boards, in real life. Everybody is expected to simply agree with them despite not having one shred of proof or data to back up their insane claims, and then they feel like they got raped when nobody does. That's how Rush operates, and that's how his drooling followers do. They kill their own argument by being unprepared and then screech victimhood.

It's not my fault if what people say is ill informed, wrong, or just plain goofy. It's theirs. Maybe if they bothered to learn about a topic or ponied up some facts they wouldn't have a problem.
    Still, people will naturally resist medicine if you shove it down their throat, whereas if you use a spoonful of sugar, they might actually want to take it themselves.

Fah, they are to be ground into dust and destroyed! Not coddled!

*stamps foot*

Anyone can rape, but it takes talent to seduce!

ETA I know I'm joking but I still feel totally wrong just typing that LOL

i am NOT seducing retards, what's wrong with you

haha, they might be grateful if you did.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Apologizing to Limbaugh.

Even if there is a strong bias against conservatives by a lot of people here, it's just a forum, frequented by a diverse and evolving number of people. As opposed to Limbaugh, who uses his forum, with a listenership of 20 million, to create a message that liberals are stupid and evil, and with pretty much no mechanism for a rebuttal to be heard. Unlike here.
    Limbaugh has a listenership of 20 million? Really, is it that high? That's hard to believe. Is that what he claims or is there a reliable source that says that? Because almost 60 million people voted for McCain.

Elite Member

Now, Grimm, I remember distinctly there was some Republican hick in overalls at a Palin rally or anti-Obama demonstration that you wanted to have your way with You said he was "cute".

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    He IS an entertainer. The leaders of the Republican party are those that were Elected. The apologies were more than likely issued because Rush is a large contributor to the Party. And the notion that everyone in a party is going to like every single person in it is ridiculous, and I say this as someone that likes Rush. He's not everyone's cup of tea, and they should not have to apologize for it.
    I agree that he is an entertainer. But when the elected leaders in the Republican Party continue to grovel at Rush's feet and kiss his ass they lose any credibility as leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Now, Grimm, I remember distinctly there was some Republican hick in overalls at a Palin rally or anti-Obama demonstration that you wanted to have your way with You said he was "cute".
    i said fuck, not woo!

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Limbaugh has a listenership of 20 million? Really, is it that high? That's hard to believe. Is that what he claims or is there a reliable source that says that? Because almost 60 million people voted for McCain.
    Yeah, the 20 million listeners per week figure is used quite a lot. To the extent where some journalist tried to follow up on it to figure out whether it comes from a verifiable source. Apparently, it's a guesstimate. The thing is, his syndicator (Premier Networks?) just renewed his contract for some ungodly some - and nobody is going to pay that kind of money out of charity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information