Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion Leader Says OK To Murder Babies After They're Born

No, he's a philosopher. Education has nothing to do with it. A pretty significant mantra in Philosophy, is that you can't be sure where your ethics were developed from, so you have to step away from everything and re-evaluate. This obviously is not Singer's whole paper. His assertions would make a lot more sense in context. I mean, if you take any philosopher out of context they'd sound psycho.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Then perhaps his comments were taken out of context.
    I think the source of the article will confirm that. A philosopher's job is to ruminate on various subjects. They aren't recommendations or anything else. He works in the world of theory and 'what ifs'. I find it hilarious that these rightwing mouthpeices continue to spout what they must know are blatant lies. And slandering the guy in teh process...what a peice of work.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Silver Member

You sit up there with your right wing smugness yet YOUR politicians cut every and any program that would make it easier for women to CHOSE to have children. You beat your " pro life " chest yet look down on single, poor women who decide to keep their children. You call them " welfare queens" and you insinuate they are sucking the country dry. You sniff your nose at anyone who doesn't fit your perfect ideal of " mother".

You want to be PRO LIFE?
    Healthcare
    Childcare
    Access to education

Oh wait...you cut all of that...

When I was faced at 19 with an unplanned pregnancy my awful pro-choice Liberal friends helped me find the resources to get what I needed and make a decent life for myself.
    While the same women who yell " DON'T KILL YER BAAAAYYY BEEE" made comments about me and my child.

Pro-life- Only for the wealthy, white, and christian!

Where is your outrage for a president whose war plan was so atrocious he kills innocent CHILDREN every day?
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

^^great post there MgMMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium View Post
    yeah, he is a whack job for sure. I had heard about him before, and now his name pops up again in the news. I definitely wouldn't want him as my doc!

Can you imagine him sitting on the ethics board of a hospital? YIKES!
    World Net Daily hardly qualifies as news. It is incredibly slanted and only reports fragments that support its agenda.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    You sit up there with your right wing smugness yet YOUR politicians cut every and any program that would make it easier for women to CHOSE to have children. You beat your " pro life " chest yet look down on single, poor women who decide to keep their children. You call them " welfare queens" and you insinuate they are sucking the country dry. You sniff your nose at anyone who doesn't fit your perfect ideal of " mother".

You want to be PRO LIFE?
    Healthcare
    Childcare
    Access to education

Oh wait...you cut all of that...

When I was faced at 19 with an unplanned pregnancy my awful pro-choice Liberal friends helped me find the resources to get what I needed and make a decent life for myself.
    While the same women who yell " DON'T KILL YER BAAAAYYY BEEE" made comments about me and my child.

Pro-life- Only for the wealthy, white, and christian!

Where is your outrage for a president whose war plan was so atrocious he kills innocent CHILDREN every day?
    sounds to me like you've got serious issues. Please quote me calling anyone a 'welfare queen'. Also, please quote me sniffing my nose at someone who doesn't fit the title "mother". Sounds to me like you've been brainwashed to view all conservatives in one manner, (kind of what YOU are accusing conservatives of being).

I'm sorry you had an unplanned pregnancy, of course I would recommend that if someone isn't ready for parenthood they should abstain from sex since NO birth control method is foolproof.

And of course, there are many conservative groups which would have been glad to help you place your child for adoption with loving parents who could afford to care for it. And since you made the decision to keep your baby (which is great), then I would expect you to work to support it. Not let everyone else work to support you and your child.

Personal responsibility is character bulding imo.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium View Post

Personal responsibility is character bulding imo.
    So is kindness, compassion and helping your fellow (wo)man out of the plain goodness of your heart.

If prolife advocates want all women and girls who become pregnant to give birth, then there need to be governmental helping hands in place. Your average 16 year old has little in the way of job skills that will support her and a baby all alone. Not everyone can count on their family for financial or emotional assistance or a place to live.

And, by the way, if adoption were the answer for all unwanted pregnancies, we wouldn't have a foster care system in which children languish, unwanted, shunted from home to home until they reach 18 and are no longer the system's problem. Adoption is NOT the holy grail of unwanted pregnancies.

And, btw, you still have access to healthcare (it's called families with dependent children, medi-care/medicaide, health families, etc depending on what state you live in). There are TONS of subsidized child care programs out there to enable you to finish your education, AND *gasp* maybe you could get a student loan (yep, pay for your education yourself) and go to school. If you do well, you could have some of your lib friends help you fill out your scholarship applications.

Like it or not, as a female single mother, you have made some choices, and now you are going to have to work much harder to make ends meet and reach your goals than someone who didn't get pregnant. That is your responsibility, not mine or any other taxpayers.

And I'm wondering, where is the father in this whole picture? Is he paying child support? Did you *double gasp* get married? If not, then why were you having sex with such a dead-beat in the first place?

The level of learned helplessness in this country is astounding. It can be done, So you are not going to get much sympathy from me, because I know you can make it without using public assistance in any form. (the HUGE difference is I married PRIOR to starting a family, maybe more young women should think on that it could improve their lot in life tremendously). I know that is probably quaint and out-dated by today's standards, but there was alot of wisdom behind expecting people to get married FIRST.

Back when I was growing up (I suspect I'm older than most of the people who post here regularly) if a girl became pregnant, she couldn't continue to attend high school. She didn't get her photo in the yearbook, and there was no teen-mom schools or anything. You really did have to depend on either your parents, his parents, or go get a job and start living an adult life. So for a teen to be unable to make it nowadays with all the programs they can participate in, there really is no reason. (maybe that explains WHY teen pregnancy wasn't rampant like today, because you suffered the full brunt of the consequences)

moral of the story: don't make bad life decisions and then complain when society doesn't reward you for it. Get married prior to having children, save up for a rainy day, just incase your marriage doesn't work out, get an education one class at a time if possible. Don't wait for others to rescue you. Be careful who you have sex with, because that same person is a potential father for your possible child. Use your head and have some common sense!
    Last edited by Delphinium; September 20th, 2006 at 05:25 PM.

Pride cometh before the fall.

oh please ^ This isn't about "pride" it's about not making bad decisions which can affect the rest of a person's life.

Can this prevent ALL bad things from happening? NO, but it is a good way to avoid obvious barriers to success in life.

Bottom line, young girls who are not ready to be mothers, should NOT be having sex. Because each and every time they do, they risk becoming pregnant no matter what birth control they are using.

Second, looking at some of these young "men" out there who are fathering these children, I've got to wonder if some of these young "ladies" have any brains in their head at all? Hello??? if he aint' working, he probably isn't potential father material!

I'm well aware that people find themselves in circumstances which are hard and unpleasant etc. BUT they at some point in their life, should take a step back and examine just HOW they got there in the first place! Most of them (of course there is going to be the minority who are raped, molested etc. and i'm not including that VERY small segment in this discussion) made BAD LIFE DECISIONS.

And to blame the president, or blame society, or blame the republican party etc. for their current lot in life is stupid! Unless George W. himself, came to your house, forced you to lay down and get pregnant he had NOTHING to do with it!

And for a person who has made these choices on their own, once they are hit with the consequences they really have NO right to have a sense of entitlement, and should be GRATEFUL for any help they get.

Society does NOT owe the sexually active unwed mother a free ride. If a girl is old enough to have sex and keep the child to raise, she is old enough to go get a job or education etc. and not expect other people who did NOT make those bad life choices to support them financially.

All I'm stating is although I am against abortion, it is legal, no woman in this country has to carry a child to term, so if they choose to, they then have the option for adoption. If they do not choose that, then they are making a choice to give up lots of freedom, time, money, and future opportunities to be a parent.

If you don't want a baby, don't have sex. If you don't want to spend the next 18 years dealing with some loser, don't have sex with him in the first place!

common sense people!

"Unless George W. himself, came to your house, forced you to lay down and get pregnant...' EWWW. it would be a monkeyface like him..

^^ yeah, that was a little over the top wasn't it?

If George W. Bush knocked me up, you can bet I'd kick his ass for child support. And cause a national scandal too.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

what you wouldn't get an abortion eddie?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

are you crazy? if you could stay on his good side, your child would have access to one of the most powerful families in the country, similar to the kennedys (but to think of sleeping with Ted is just too gross).

The kid would have it made.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information