Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abortion? Gotta see your fetus first

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    hey, wait a minute - there are a ton of right-winged christian woman out there who would probably view this as a good thing, too....Elizabeth Hassleass comes to mind....and that other twit who made the faggot comment....

Anne Coulter? Oh lord yes, I agree but just show me the state legislature in ANY state dominated by women?? Primarily MEN with
    mostly gray hair who can (and do) send any wayward daughter of theirs to a private clinic. Punish the poor woman making a hard choice a little bit more. That's how I see it!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Don't teach them about sex or birth control...teach them only about abstinence. Then, if they do get pregnant, make sure that there are no social programs to help them out.
    go republicans

[quote=mammabear]I am Catholic and attend church weekly. I agree with what the pope says for myself but never in a million years would I force upon people my religous thoughts and values. I think that everyone has a right to choose what is right for them.quote]

Thank you Mamabear! You are like most of the Catholics I know and I love you for this!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

xoxo-you are a scream!

Well, it's true. These people seem to think that if we don't tell our young people about sex, they'll never figure it out. That it will be some lesson they'll teach each other on their wedding night.

They are trying to treat women like.....well, like fetuses.

Kind of reminds me of the scene in Clockwork Orange where they prop Alex's eyes open to watch the disturbing films in hopes of changing his evil behavior. Ironic that the so-called less government-conservatives suddenly turn into Big Brother when a woman or her sexuality comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    So...a woman sees her fetus on the ultrasound and decides not to do it. Now what? Of course, there are no guidelines set up for helping her out after that point. Just give her the address of the nearest welfare office and push her out the door.

No thoughts or framework in place for the successful future of that woman and her baby. But what does that really matter? As long as an abortion was avoided, all is right with the world.

Love this type of thinking.

Good job!
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

This is NOT about giving women "all the information they need to make a decision." It's about trying to guilt them into accepting a decision made by someone else - generally white, older, Christian (it's true) males. Plus, it gives the anti-choice side more moralistic-bullshit-ammo to throw at women: "you saw that little "child" and you STILL killed it? You're sick."

If these lawmakers were really interested in making sure someone has "all the information" before taking a life, why didn't they look into the eyes of the poor children who have since been blown to smithereens in the war? left without limbs from a "precise" bomb strike? have cancer and organ failure from the chemicals from all those weapons?

If they want "all the information," why don't they look into the eyes into someone getting the Chair, or better yet, don't prohibit evidence from the courtroom because of some technicality. Don't keep a person on death row even after they have been proven innocent by DNA & other evidence that wasn't available to them at the trial because their lawyer FELL ASLEEP in court?

Meanwhile, these politicians enforcing their "morality" on everyone else are fucking around outside of their precious marriages, carrying on as alcoholics, and doing god knows what drugs.

^^^^you are so right lurkur. those who chastise others as being immoral are normally the ones that are immoral. People who are truly christian and care about other people do not throw stones if you know what I mean. They try to be open warm and non judgemental.
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Thank you Mamabear! You are like most of the Catholics I know and I love you for this!!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

OMG OMFG! U.S. STAY OUTTA MY UTERUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCK!

this story is so ridic!

Rep. Greg Delleney (R-Chester and York Counties), is the bill's key sponsor. "I'm just trying to save lives and protect people from regret and inform women with the most accurate non-judgemental information that can be provided," he says.
    ^ uh wow, is he a fucking retard or what?! just goes to show that any moron can get elected to office - what a nonsensical statement!

Who pays for the ultrasound?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

LOL good point. Probably the woman, after she's forced to take it.

Secondly, the point about 'christians', or rather the wannabe religious crazies masquarading as real christians.. they're a fair target. The ones I berate are the shitheads trying to ram their theocratic notions down everyone's throat, the ones who go around denouncing anything that isnt white, republican and over 50.

They are a perfectly valid target for any abuse, because they do their damndest to make everyone elses lives whom they target a living hell.

Fuck em.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think the right-wing fundies who lobby for this sort of stuff should have to foot the bill for these completely medically unnecessary ultrasounds.

The government is seldom interested in making sure people have "all the information". So, that argument is as weak as piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

They are a perfectly valid target for any abuse, because they do their damndest to make everyone elses lives whom they target a living hell.

Fuck em.
    I don't understand the self-professed Christians who are like this. It's so UN-Christian. Not a slam on religious people or Christians, but the meanest, most judgemental people I have ever met have been Christians.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information