Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abortion? Gotta see your fetus first

^^Exactly...what are they gonna do...pry her eyes open and force her to watch??

I think every straight politician who gets to vote on whether gays should have equal rights should have to take a dick up their ass.

I think that if a woman has gotten to the point of being there for an abortion, seeing an ultrasound won't change her mind. I don't know that any woman takes that decision so lightly that a blurry picture on an ultrasound is going to make her change her mind.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Couldn't an ultrasound hurt the baby?

Smacks of a bunch of men trying to force some poor woman with no other options to suffer as much as they can make her. Stupid twits.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Smacks of a bunch of men trying to force some poor woman with no other options to suffer as much as they can make her. Stupid twits.
    hey, wait a minute - there are a ton of right-winged christian woman out there who would probably view this as a good thing, too....Elizabeth Hassleass comes to mind....and that other twit who made the faggot comment....

I don't think they are making this law just to force the women to do something or to hurt them, actually, I think they are just trying to make sure that in the long run that the woman will have no regrets.
    I don't think making a woman have a 5 minute ultrasound really harms her and I don't see how it invades her privacy, at all.

I am Catholic and attend church weekly. I agree with what the pope says for myself but never in a million years would I force upon people my religous thoughts and values. I think that everyone has a right to choose what is right for them. It is raticail christians that seem to be the problem with society today. Our priest at our church stresses that we should not pass judgment on others and force upon our beliefs to someone who does not beleive the same. We are suppose to have compasion (for the woman who has already made this hard decision). For a lawmaker to decide what is morally correct for every person is just wrong. I am pro-life for myself but pro-choice for womankind. I am intelligant enough to understand that no hard decission is made easily and carefreely. That woman is going to have to live with the decison for the rest of her life. All we should be doing is sending thoughts or prayer to the woman who has made this hard choice, not set up a law that could tramatize her further. okay...off my soapbox now..I am just really passionate about respecting everyones personal veiws and choices when it come to how they live their lives. I know that you probably think it is strange that I am religous but still respect others choice.. (sorry for spelling errors..been a stay at home mommy for 5 years..lol..)
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

BTW, why is it not okay to talk about gays, or other races on here but in just about every other thread today people are putting down Christians? I don't attack the gays or people of other races on here so why be so rude as to attack someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That's what I think, too. Why should they try and make her feel any worse than she already does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    This is beyond fucking outrageous. Hell, why stop there? Why not show them a few pictures of aborted fetuses while they're at it?
    That will be the next thing, just wait. This is such an invasion of privacy. Why should women be forced to submit to a medical procedure that has absolutely nothing to do with the elective procedure that they came in for? It's completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedbeauty View Post
    I don't think they are making this law just to force the women to do something or to hurt them, actually, I think they are just trying to make sure that in the long run that the woman will have no regrets.
    I don't think making a woman have a 5 minute ultrasound really harms her and I don't see how it invades her privacy, at all.
    I think most women who have an abortion will have some type of regret/guilt. Seeing an ultrasound will not make that go away. They are hoping that seeing the picture of the "baby" will make them change their mind.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

So...a woman sees her fetus on the ultrasound and decides not to do it. Now what? Of course, there are no guidelines set up for helping her out after that point. Just give her the address of the nearest welfare office and push her out the door.

No thoughts or framework in place for the successful future of that woman and her baby. But what does that really matter? As long as an abortion was avoided, all is right with the world.

Love this type of thinking.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I think I might be missing the point..? What difference would it make to see an ultrasound of the fetus? When a woman makes that sort of decision, she knows exactly what she is doing. They usually think long and hard about the decision beforehand.
    agreed icepik...

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    So...a woman sees her fetus on the ultrasound and decides not to do it. Now what? Of course, there are no guidelines set up for helping her out after that point. Just give her the address of the nearest welfare office and push her out the door.

No thoughts or framework in place for the successful future of that woman and her baby. But what does that really matter? As long as an abortion was avoided, all is right with the world.

Love this type of thinking.
    You're so right...there never is any type of framework in place, is there? Don't teach them about sex or birth control...teach them only about abstinence. Then, if they do get pregnant, make sure that there are no social programs to help them out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information