Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Abortion Ban Will Be On 2011 Ballot in Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    I don't know what the deal is with minors in Germany but counselling is mandatory and you get a piece of paper and only then is an abortion legal . You also have to have three days between the counselling and the procedure . And you can only have an abortion until week 12 of your pregnancy after that I think it's only serious medical reasons
    It's interesting how much it varies in different countries. I didn't know the limit in Germany was 12 weeks, but I just looked up the laws in other European countries and a lot have the 12 week limit.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post

And you can't win because now they are saying abortions is black genocide. Guess white babies don't count.

Some Black Pro-Lifers Say Abortion Is Genocide
    Who "can't win"? What does that even mean? Are you calling black people racist because as a minority population their smaller numbers automatically mean that a small numerical change can result in a large percentage change? In any case, this flawed/false argument is more often pushed by NON-black (white) people with their own interests in mind, not black people and certainly not poor people.

So to make it plain........ I do not support abortions. Abortion stops a beating heart. Making a child give birth isn't the answer either, making a woman decide to chose for her life over her childs isn't the answer either, making a woman give birth to a child who has so many medical issues it is doomed to a life of suffering isn't the answer either...... so with all these unanswered problems I'm not going to carry a sign and stand in any picket lines - but if I get a answer that sits well in MY heart I just might.
    I can't believe no one yet has pointed out that isn't even true. As far as human life goes, neither a sperm nor an egg contains even as much human DNA as your ordinary skin or blood cells which you shed all the time. After people have sex, sperm might travel to another half-cell, and that might nest in a mess of blood lining. At this point, it's a mess of egg goo and sperm goo in blood goo, which first creates more goo for a period of time, and then cells begin to differentiate.

A woman's body releases pregnancy hormones, and people refer to it as "getting pregnant", but there is no baby. Her body is creating the conditions for a baby, but it is still her body with potential baby goo inside. Just like a man getting an erection creates conditions for a baby, but it is still his body to decide what to do. Will the state require a man to wait a 24hr period before deciding to part with his potential baby goo?

A pregnancy is something that happens to a woman, it doesn't happen to a baby. In fact, nothing can happen to a baby if it doesn't even exist. A heart beat isn't even detectable until several weeks in and a primitive 'heart tube' doesn't even form until a few weeks. This is really why the language "life" and "abortion" is pre-loaded to demonize women. They aren't taught that their bodies have become pregnant, their taught their bodies as baby vessels belong to God and the governMENt.

^ I just googled it out of interest and a heartbeat is detectable at around 6-7 weeks. The term 'abortion stops a beating heart' is not true in all cases no, but still in quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    nobody is FROM Georgia, we are all displaced Northerners, I'm sure there is a true Georgian here some where I just haven't met them yet. I have met some sweet people from Alabama. Thing is when you move here you pick up the accent, within a few years you'll be chatting like a Native.

I will say there is no shortage of churches down here in the south.. well unless your Catholic and they are pretty hard to come by. But you will be welcome - Whitney will open her doors if only to spit at you and Elton John might sing you a song or two if he ever comes back.

I'll let you know how I feel about Mississippi after my daughter moves there
    Up until a year ago I lived in MS all my life. I grew up Catholic. In my county there were exactly 3 Catholic churches compared to a few hundred Protestant, with the predominant being Baptist. Lots of fun, being told when you're a little kid that you're going to hell because you're not really "saved" if you were a Catholic, lemme tell ya.

If anyone has carte blanche to bitch about Mississippi, I feel overqualified. I'm discovering that Florida (as a state) is not much better and has its own special brand of crazy. But it's more rich-motherfucker-you-scratch-my-back-I'll-blow-you-in-return-and-then-we'll-assrape-everyone-else than merely a shitload of misguided bigoted fundies who want to return to the 1950's.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

the heartbeat starts at 21 days gestation.

meh even then there's no person. It's about as much a person as your own heart is.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I am. Some people wear a cross, I wear a knitting needle.
    Not quite a knitting needle, but will this work as well?

And unfortunately you just reminded me of that one scene from If These Walls Could Talk.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information