Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 97

Thread: Abortion Ban Will Be On 2011 Ballot in Mississippi

  1. #46
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I hate that phrasing. I doubt anyone here is "pro-abortion". It's pro-choice. The right to choose.

    I wish the religious right would put as much effort into sex education and birth control. Put it in the high schools. Make BC easy to get. Can't they see that? More BC=less abortions.
    package it any way you want

    if we are going to be picky I personally am not religious, I am a Christian. As for public schools, birth control is only one fraction of the problems our school system suffers from, I'd like to see them made safe first.

  2. #47
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    since we are being "for real" on a gossip board I will say that I've wished many times that I could go with the flow, it would be so much easier. I've learned to take the "name" calling as a sort of honor because people really think I deserve the names, that would be a good thing if I truly deserved them.

    I sat on the fence about this issue for a long time. Then I knew that abortion was murder. You (not you) are killing the birth, the beating of a heart. I don't take that lightly. What if I at my age became pregnant or what if one of my daughters was raped () then we would have to deal with it, it would be murder but hopefully we would be forgiven. I tell you this, I would be devastated because birth is supposed to be a gift from God. Thats heavy stuff and I hope it's just as heavy for everyone else. This is what has been laid on my heart by my God, it is my belief as a Christian.

    To say the person isn't able or shouldn't carry a child just because they are poor or have half a dozen kids already that they don't take care of is sort of like saying..... lets not fix the problem lets just do what we usually do "take a pill and call me in the morning" I don't want to do whats "easier" I want to do whats right. Why is it we are so afraid of anyone paying for their actions? Heck after abortion 2 couldn't they just opt for some tube tying then get on with it? But no thats not PC correct but aborting and acting like it's OK is OK?

    AND since I get to be for real for a moment I think children are a gift from God, what if you abort your only gift? Or the gift you aborted was going to be the one who was going to do something great with their life. Who gets to decide which pregnancy is not important?

    I have way to many questions to make a judgement call for someone else.
    So forced sterilization then? Face the consequences skank and your little bastard, too. I'm assuming you're anti death penalty as well?

    JFC if you don't want an abortion then don't fucking have one. If you have one then YOU can be a murderer in your own mind however erroneous that is. Threads like this make me want to go out and have an abortion just for the fuck of it. Most women that receive abortions are counseled on birth control options and given birth control at the clinic where the procedure is performed. Birth control fails. I believe that subjecting a child to a life where it was unwanted and is resented is a worse crime than your idea of murder. JFC think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  3. #48
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    59,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    I agree with this too. As long as there is no pressure involved, it sounds like a wise move.
    please. they're all stalling tactics to make it as hard as possible for you to get the abortion before the limit. say you're a teenager and your parents don't want you to get an abortion? say your only parent is your mother. they won't let you do it without the father's consent - and by the time you track him down if you even know where he is... you're past the limit.
    all these measures are not put in place to be 'wise', they are put in place because they are indirect measures to prohibit abortions from ever taking place. they're hoping that by the time you're done jumping though all these administrative hoops, you'll be past the 12 weeks...
    naturally, those with money can just travel to a state with more open laws and get it over with as soon as possible. as usual, it's minors and poor people who get shafted.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  4. #49
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I doubt anyone here is "pro-abortion".
    I am. Some people wear a cross, I wear a knitting needle.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  5. #50
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    AND since I get to be for real for a moment I think children are a gift from God, what if you abort your only gift? Or the gift you aborted was going to be the one who was going to do something great with their life. Who gets to decide which pregnancy is not important?
    I have returned many gifts people have given me. Their intentions may be great but if it is something that is not right for me I will return it or exchange it right away. The recent trends to give a gift with a gift receipt is great!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  6. #51
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    What if you end up birthing the next Hitler?

    Who is anybody to decide how important a pregnancy is aside from the person who's pregnant?

    People lose precious babies all the time due to a number of factors. There are 7 billion of us! Do we really need more?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  7. #52
    Elite Member bellini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I am. Some people wear a cross, I wear a knitting needle.
    Alrighty then.


    I believe that subjecting a child to a life where it was unwanted and is resented is a worse crime than your idea of murder.
    This exactly.

  8. #53
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    24,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    please. they're all stalling tactics to make it as hard as possible for you to get the abortion before the limit. say you're a teenager and your parents don't want you to get an abortion? say your only parent is your mother. they won't let you do it without the father's consent - and by the time you track him down if you even know where he is... you're past the limit.
    all these measures are not put in place to be 'wise', they are put in place because they are indirect measures to prohibit abortions from ever taking place. they're hoping that by the time you're done jumping though all these administrative hoops, you'll be past the 12 weeks...
    naturally, those with money can just travel to a state with more open laws and get it over with as soon as possible. as usual, it's minors and poor people who get shafted.
    Couldn't agree more!!!

  9. #54
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    32,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    MrsDark my daughter and I walked out of "our" church over ten years ago because a guest preacher said something she didn't agree with, she raised her hand (she was in college at the time) and our pastor told her to sit down. On our way to the car I asked her what did she want to say and she said "I don't know, I just know in my heart I needed to stand up"

    So in answer to your question, if I don't agree with anything someone says I ask questions first (like I did here) then I form my own opinions and then I do what my head/heart tells me.

    I am one of the few people I know who isn't pro abortions, I won't assume to know whats right for other people, so I must be pro life even though that doesn't really sit with me either. I think I'm just pro situation. I think if someone has been given all the information and they know all the risks, then it is up to them and their doctor.

    McJag -" I am religious ,attend church and wholeheartedly pro choice. So are most of my Mississippi relatives. The fundies could take over and just might, but we shall see".

    You do realize that according to quite a few people on this board that makes you the "fundie" because you attend church and your religious. Your in that box of who can and can't disagree. It's all quite humorous if you ask me, so may preconceived notions of which side of the sand box your allowed to play on.
    Uhm. I don't think McJag's a fundie just because she attends church.

    If you've got the balls to go against your church on this...or you've actually found one that's accepting of you and any of its other members being anything other than anti-abortion across the board, in the deep south to boot...then hats off to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    please. they're all stalling tactics to make it as hard as possible for you to get the abortion before the limit. say you're a teenager and your parents don't want you to get an abortion? say your only parent is your mother. they won't let you do it without the father's consent - and by the time you track him down if you even know where he is... you're past the limit.
    all these measures are not put in place to be 'wise', they are put in place because they are indirect measures to prohibit abortions from ever taking place. they're hoping that by the time you're done jumping though all these administrative hoops, you'll be past the 12 weeks...
    naturally, those with money can just travel to a state with more open laws and get it over with as soon as possible. as usual, it's minors and poor people who get shafted.
    I'll also add to this: Say your father is the one who fucked you and impregnated you?
    Last edited by MsDark; April 8th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #55
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    56,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Around voting time I saw a nurse on youtube say they did abort late term babies. Thats about as much as I remember.

    Thanks for explaining it to me.

    I'm not sure what group I'd get lopped into, I don't agree with abortions for the sake of birth control and I don't want to pay for the deed since I wasn't present when it occured, if I didn't get to enjoy the good time I don't want to pay for it either.

    But you'd rather pay $200,000 to raise a child the mother can't afford than $200 for an abortion?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  11. #56
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    32,191

    Default

    How about 20 bucks and a well-placed flight of stairs?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  12. #57
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Uhm why is that a tough law ? Seems perfectly normal to me
    I think the forced counseling is bullshit. You've thought it through and made your decision. What more can be said? As far as the waiting period I think it's bullshit because for poor people, whom this will actually effect, might have a difficult time getting two days off in a row.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  13. #58
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I am. Some people wear a cross, I wear a knitting needle.
    Bravo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    What if you end up birthing the next Hitler?

    Who is anybody to decide how important a pregnancy is aside from the person who's pregnant?

    People lose precious babies all the time due to a number of factors. There are 7 billion of us! Do we really need more?
    Bravo
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    But you'd rather pay $200,000 to raise a child the mother can't afford than $200 for an abortion?
    Brovissimo!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  14. #59
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Ok, quite possibly the most fun I've had at an interview in my entire life.

    We bonded over HGTV, photography, and my work in the financial sector... she said I was very interesting, as I was both right and left brained.. structured but artistic.

    Then we got to discussing the role, the environment, and how it all worked together.. we ended up collaborating on diagrams, discussing metrics, department interconnectibility and process refinement.

    Lots of laughs, and lots of information. A thoroughly pleasant experience. She couldn't say enough good things about the person who recommended me, either.

    Thumbs up across the board.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  15. #60
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Ok, quite possibly the most fun I've had at an interview in my entire life.

    We bonded over HGTV, photography, and my work in the financial sector... she said I was very interesting, as I was both right and left brained.. structured but artistic.

    Then we got to discussing the role, the environment, and how it all worked together.. we ended up collaborating on diagrams, discussing metrics, department interconnectibility and process refinement.

    Lots of laughs, and lots of information. A thoroughly pleasant experience. She couldn't say enough good things about the person who recommended me, either.

    Thumbs up across the board.
    So, you are saying you are now glad your Mom didn't get an abortion? Do I have that right?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
  2. What's up with different ballot styles?
    By travelbug in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 1st, 2008, 02:38 PM
  3. Michael Bloomberg to be on Presidential ballot in VA
    By witchcurlgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 30th, 2008, 07:12 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 17th, 2006, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •