Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 97

Thread: Abortion Ban Will Be On 2011 Ballot in Mississippi

  1. #31
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,743

    Default

    Black women who get abortions are not committing Genocide. The women who are getting abortions have at least 4 kids, and don't want anymore.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  2. #32
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lolijume, is that you?
    who else would bring up the old, retarded abortion = black genocide argument?
    your not being very nice
    I expressed my opinion which might be different than yours, there was no need to get ugly.

  3. #33
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Yes, however opinions can be wrong. There's nothing in the rulebook stating that opinions are inherently correct.

    .. especially if the opinion is based on faulty information.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #34
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I'm totally starting an abortion fund.



    Welfare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the second some teenager or single woman goes on welfare to support her kid everyone starts screaming about her being a loser, a drain on the system, 'stealing' their tax dollars. It's bloody annoying. Make society more open to taking care of people, even those who are having struggles, and you'll have a better world to live in.

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    This pains me greatly. I know full well every middle & upper middle class resident of Mississippi (and I am kin to a whole lotta them) will be able to get an abortion swiftly and no questions asked. That leaves the poorest of the poor women stuck with a decision a lot of old men will make. The rest of us will pay for this decision through the nose . I adore children. I would rather see 150 abortions than one savagely beaten baby. If any woman is stupid enough to use it as birth control, surely to God you would not want that slut raising an innocent baby. As far as late term abortions, those are the most tragic. There are good medical reasons for even suggesting something so awful. Those Mothers need our support and sympathy, not criticism. I will not judge them.
    Well said, McJag.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  5. #35
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    churches? all the people who attend churches are dumb fucks? There are some pretty aggressive thinkers attending churches..... our elected president attends church. Who comes up with this stuff, the moment you open the church door, or open a Bible your suddenly a bad person? So much intolerance on all sides... inside and out side of the church. geez

    I doubt if it will pass, I think we need better regulations (ie if you've had half a dozen abortions then perhaps you need to buy some condoms) accountability from doctors but what goes on between someone and their doctor should be up to them.
    Like it or not, if this passes it'll be because churches had a huge part in the swaying. And I most certainly didn't say "all people who attend churches are dumb fucks". Otherwise I wouldn't have had to list the two separately.

    When the guy at your pulpit starts talking about this and you don't agree I assume you'll be getting up and walking out the door then?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  6. #36
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Who wants in early? I'm saying this passes. (And means I'll never move back to MS). There are more than enough dumb fucks and churches that I can't see this not passing.
    Yup, I think it'll pass, too. And for the reasons that you gave. The churches and religious groups always tend to be at the heart of these movements to roll the clock back. The religious fanatics/fundies will make sure that this passes.

  7. #37
    Gold Member mella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Mississippi already has one of the nation's toughest abortion laws. It requires the consent of both parents for minors, a 24-hour waiting period and counseling before all abortions.
    Uhm why is that a tough law ? Seems perfectly normal to me

  8. #38
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Waiting period = hoping you'll change your mind

    Counselling = badgering you not to do it
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  9. #39
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    15,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Uhm why is that a tough law ? Seems perfectly normal to me
    I know here in the UK under 16s don't need parents consent to have an abortion. I've never been sure what I think of that. But 24 hours waiting period doesn't seem tough to me. And it's good to make sure the person definitely is making the right decision for them and they're not feeling pressured.

  10. #40
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Like it or not, if this passes it'll be because churches had a huge part in the swaying. And I most certainly didn't say "all people who attend churches are dumb fucks". Otherwise I wouldn't have had to list the two separately.

    When the guy at your pulpit starts talking about this and you don't agree I assume you'll be getting up and walking out the door then?
    MrsDark my daughter and I walked out of "our" church over ten years ago because a guest preacher said something she didn't agree with, she raised her hand (she was in college at the time) and our pastor told her to sit down. On our way to the car I asked her what did she want to say and she said "I don't know, I just know in my heart I needed to stand up"

    So in answer to your question, if I don't agree with anything someone says I ask questions first (like I did here) then I form my own opinions and then I do what my head/heart tells me.

    I am one of the few people I know who isn't pro abortions, I won't assume to know whats right for other people, so I must be pro life even though that doesn't really sit with me either. I think I'm just pro situation. I think if someone has been given all the information and they know all the risks, then it is up to them and their doctor.

    McJag -" I am religious ,attend church and wholeheartedly pro choice. So are most of my Mississippi relatives. The fundies could take over and just might, but we shall see".

    You do realize that according to quite a few people on this board that makes you the "fundie" because you attend church and your religious. Your in that box of who can and can't disagree. It's all quite humorous if you ask me, so may preconceived notions of which side of the sand box your allowed to play on.

  11. #41
    Elite Member Wiseguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Mississippi already has one of the nation's toughest abortion laws. It requires the consent of both parents for minors, a 24-hour waiting period and counseling before all abortions.
    I agree with this too. As long as there is no pressure involved, it sounds like a wise move.


  12. #42
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Waiting period = hoping you'll change your mind

    Counseling = badgering you not to do it
    You'll only get that kind of counseling if you go to one of those sneaky clinics for testing and they make you watch pro life movies while waiting for results.
    An actual abortion clinic is not going to badger you at all unless they have some freak working for them and doesn't plan on sticking around too long. The waiting period can start after you've made your appointment by phone; so I call on Tuesday at 2PM and I'm getting vacuumed Wednesday at 2PM.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  13. #43
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    McJag -" I am religious ,attend church and wholeheartedly pro choice. So are most of my Mississippi relatives. The fundies could take over and just might, but we shall see".

    You do realize that according to quite a few people on this board that makes you the "fundie" because you attend church and your religious. Your in that box of who can and can't disagree. It's all quite humorous if you ask me, so may preconceived notions of which side of the sand box your allowed to play on.
    JawJaw! No, they know the difference. I have been outspoken on here about my views without criticism. There is a vast difference between a Christian who is not judgmental and a fundie who puts words into the mouth of the Almighty, spreading hate. Even the most avowed atheist knows the difference. I just firmly believe that any woman should understand how easy it would be for yourself, your daughter, your granddaughter or any woman you know and love to be faced with this possibility. It would be foolish to say they get what they deserve. As a Christian, I try not to judge. I fail frequently, especially over some outfits. I will continue to express my opinions with wild abandon, throwing sand on both sides. I do not condemn those atheists. I think smug Christians created a lot of them and I can understand that! I don't think we should be so defensive about it-just a matter of fact. I know (and am kin to) atheists that are truly decent people and actually more Christian than a lot of Christians.
    Tell me this: how can you think that a stupid woman who uses abortion as a form of birth control and gets forced to carry a baby to term could possibly be a decent mother? I don't want her to have a baby. Babies are too precious. Many women are simply not cut out to be mothers,IMO. Why force some woman to have another baby when she can't feed the 4 she has? And frankly, why should tax payers be expected to help support those unwanted babies for 18 years ? To me, the woman who has to deliver,support and raise those babies is the ONLY person who should make this decision. We need to safeguard that option and then stay out of it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  14. #44
    Elite Member bellini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,593

    Default

    I am one of the few people I know who isn't pro abortions...
    I hate that phrasing. I doubt anyone here is "pro-abortion". It's pro-choice. The right to choose.

    I wish the religious right would put as much effort into sex education and birth control. Put it in the high schools. Make BC easy to get. Can't they see that? More BC=less abortions.

  15. #45
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Tell me this: how can you think that a stupid woman who uses abortion as a form of birth control and gets forced to carry a baby to term could possibly be a decent mother? I don't want her to have a baby. Babies are too precious. Many women are simply not cut out to be mothers,IMO. Why force some woman to have another baby when she can't feed the 4 she has? And frankly, why should tax payers be expected to help support those unwanted babies for 18 years ? To me, the woman who has to deliver,support and raise those babies is the ONLY person who should make this decision. We need to safeguard that option and then stay out of it.
    since we are being "for real" on a gossip board I will say that I've wished many times that I could go with the flow, it would be so much easier. I've learned to take the "name" calling as a sort of honor because people really think I deserve the names, that would be a good thing if I truly deserved them.

    I sat on the fence about this issue for a long time. Then I knew that abortion was murder. You (not you) are killing the birth, the beating of a heart. I don't take that lightly. What if I at my age became pregnant or what if one of my daughters was raped () then we would have to deal with it, it would be murder but hopefully we would be forgiven. I tell you this, I would be devastated because birth is supposed to be a gift from God. Thats heavy stuff and I hope it's just as heavy for everyone else. This is what has been laid on my heart by my God, it is my belief as a Christian.

    To say the person isn't able or shouldn't carry a child just because they are poor or have half a dozen kids already that they don't take care of is sort of like saying..... lets not fix the problem lets just do what we usually do "take a pill and call me in the morning" I don't want to do whats "easier" I want to do whats right. Why is it we are so afraid of anyone paying for their actions? Heck after abortion 2 couldn't they just opt for some tube tying then get on with it? But no thats not PC correct but aborting and acting like it's OK is OK?

    AND since I get to be for real for a moment I think children are a gift from God, what if you abort your only gift? Or the gift you aborted was going to be the one who was going to do something great with their life. Who gets to decide which pregnancy is not important?

    I have way to many questions to make a judgement call for someone else.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
  2. What's up with different ballot styles?
    By travelbug in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 1st, 2008, 02:38 PM
  3. Michael Bloomberg to be on Presidential ballot in VA
    By witchcurlgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 30th, 2008, 07:12 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 17th, 2006, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •