Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABC News - Sarah Palin vows to remain player in 2012: 'Not doing this for naught'

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Did you hear about what happened when CNN's Wolf Blitzer read her statement to a top McCain aide? Check this out:

It looks like someone is just putting in the motions this week, biding her time for her next chance in the spotlight. I'm sure the McCain campaign appreciates the hell out of this.

BLITZER: And this just coming into the "Situation Room," the Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin now speaking out openly about her intentions in 2012 if, if she and John McCain were to lose this contest next Tuesday. In an interview with ABC News, Sarah Palin is now saying, she would be interested in remaining a serious national political figure, going ahead to 2012. She was asked what happens in 2012 if you lose on Tuesday, would you simply go back to Alaska? Elizabeth Vargas of ABC News asked her and Palin said this, and I will read it to you verbatim according to an ABC News transcript: "Absolutely not," Sarah Palin says. "I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doin' this for naught," and that is a direct quote from Sarah Palin. Clearly, leaving open the possibility that she would be interested in leading the Republican Party in 2012 if she and John McCain were to lose this presidential contest right now. Let's go to Dana Bash. She has been covering the McCain campaign reaction from the rather blunt statement from Sarah Palin that she would in fact be interested in leading the Republican Party going forward after Tuesday if they lose?

BASH: I just got off of the phone, Wolf, with a senior McCain adviser and I read this person the quote and I think it is fair to say that this person was speechless. There was a long pause and I just heard a "huh" on the other end of the phone. This is certainly not a surprise to anybody who has watched Sarah Palin that she is interested in potentially future national runs, and she is being urged to by a lot of people inside of the Republican Party if they do lose, but it is an "if" and people inside of the McCain campaign do not want any discussion that has an "if" in front of it six days before the election, they don't want any discussion at all, any kind of hypothetical talk about running for the next time around. So certainly, this is not at least initially being received well inside of the McCain campaign.

BLITZER: I am not surprised, not surprised at all. It is one of those "wow, she is talking about 2012 if we lose," that is not supposed to be something that you say. You are supposed to say, "well, I'm not looking ahead, I'm not looking ahead only to Tuesday," and those are the talking points she's supposed to be saying, but she is obviously blunt and she is looking ahead if something were to happen on Tuesday that she wouldn't be happy with. Crooks and Liars

She is breaking the classic rule: don't stomp on people on your way because they're the same ones who will be sharpening their knives for you on your way down. What a dumb twit.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    She is breaking the classic rule: don't stomp on people on your way because they're the same ones who will be sharpening their knives for you on your way down. What a dumb twit.
    Can't wait until they do! It's gonna be great watching and reading that!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    ... and everything else she said was more of the same bullshit rhetoric we've been hearing since she found her hairy, surprised ass on the presidential ticket. She's an opportunistic, mealy-mouthed whack job.

Yeah, what scares me is she doesn't understand it's rhetoric. She doesn't even seem to know what 'rhetoric' is, and that it essentially means insincere. And she spews this rhetoric , and when it doesn't work she seems befuddled, like, 'why isn't this working'? It's extremely creepy. Because Reagan damn sure knew his job was 'rhetoric salesman'. He rehearsed his lines and when the lights went up he delivered them with perfection, he hit his marks and appeared thoughtful and yada yada. Bush damn sure knew, but to him it was alot more of a joke because he didn't have the respect for the big fat lie that Reagan did; I think at root that is why Bush no longer has any support from the rethugs, he makes it too obvious the whole thing is a joke. Palin is a completely different animal in that they obviously didn't 'get' with her that she doesn't know the whole thing is a facade. And the only reason for that is that she is so fundamentally dishonest to her very core, that she's incapable of perceiving that there is in fact truth to be had. You have to know what the truth is before you can lie about it. Reagan, Bush, damn sure knew what the truths were they were lying about. Palin has no idea, she only runs on vindictiveness and self-interest. I remember reading somewhere that narcissists run their lives on pure whim. "if it's good for me at this very moment then that is what I need to do". Serious error the GOP made this time.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I need an official diagnosis; what is this crazy bitch's personality disorder? I need to be able to call her something other than "that crazy stupid bitch" at dinner tonight.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; October 30th, 2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: I'm special today!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Ah, personality disorders. Did you know that it's estimated that 10 to 15 percent of the general U.S. population has a personality disorder? That's a freakin' lot! It's hard to say what's wrong with Sarah Palin without knowing how she behaves in private. But she does have the charm and self-centeredness that I have seen in people with some kind of pathological narcissism. Also the pattern of being aggressive toward others while playing the victim--that's classic. Most of the narcissists I've met were smart, though. But Paris Hilton is an obvious celebrity exception, and I guess the ability to sell yourself to the world is a form of intelligence.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy." [1]
    The narcissist is described as turning inward for gratification rather than depending on others and as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power and prestige.[2] Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness.

DSM-IV divides personality disorders into three clusters based on symptom similarities.[1] This clustering categorizes the Narcissistic personality disorder as a cluster B personality disorder, those personality disorders having in common an excessive sense of self importance. Also in that cluster are the Borderline personality disorder, the Histrionic personality disorder and the Antisocial personality disorder.

The ICD-10 (International Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders, published by the World Health Organisation in Geneva 1992) regards narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) as "a personality disorder that fits none of the specific rubrics". It relegates it to the category known as "Other specific personality disorders", which also includes the eccentric, "haltlose", immature, passive-aggressive, and psychoneurotic personality disorders.
    [edit]DSM Criteria

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:[1]

has a grandiose sense of self-importance

is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

believes that he or she is "special" and unique

requires excessive admiration

has a sense of entitlement

is interpersonally exploitative

lacks empathy

is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
    shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

This woman is beyond annoying.

She and Mccain have based their campaign largely on negativity and xenophobia. It's very sad and disturbing.

"[I'm] not calling him un-American. There is nothing wrong, though, with calling someone out on their record, their associations& The association issue here, it's not mean spirited. It's not negative campaigning. It's important and fair to the electorate."
    I love how she allows people at her rallies to call Obama racial slurs, a terrorist and threaten to kill him, and then tries to cover it up with 'calling him out on his record.'

I don't feel any pity for McCain or anybody in his campaign for the mess they created with Palin.

^^ And... it's not "negative campaigning."

^^ That's the capper. It's not 'negative campaigning.' Then what the hell is it? She's an idiot.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Thank you Shinola!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

yep, I agree about her private behavior but I thought it was very interesting what the 'source' said about how she doesn't have relationships of trust with anyone, her family included. It's narcissism or borderline or antisocial or some other or some combination of Axis IV personality disorder, they can be comorbid too...I'd call her a narcissist but I think there's more so maybe some combination of narcissist/borderline.

Is "Bullshit Artist" a syndrome??

I think that falls under "anti-social personality disorder".

It's not that the person is "anti-social" in the conventional, reclusive sense, but that they don't have a conscience, or relate to society in any kind of comprehensible way because they don't have a moral compass. They have to keep moving around because pretty soon people catch on to their pathological lying...it's really surprising to me that Palin has managed to maintain a marriage as long as she has, Todd must be as core dishonest as she is or in never would have worked. Men with the axis IV traits are usually diagnosed anti-social whereas women are usually diagnosed borderline, and both have narcissistic characteristics. I'm not real sure what the difference is though, it's when people start getting in trouble with the law that they get put in the anti-social category, even though at core they are pathological narcissists. One thing I think is interesting is that politics could seem to be the one place where flouting the law and being corrupt is a way of life, and only if you go to far do you actually end up in jail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information