Login to remove the ads!

Thread: What makes me a "Bleeding Heart" Liberal??

Default What makes me a "Bleeding Heart" Liberal??

OK... I started the "Lets talk Organized Religion" thread. Now I want to know something else. What makes me a "Bleeding Heart Liberal"?

I have been called this for years since I have talked out about not being all about the Bush Admin. I believe in equal rights for all, I believe in the middle class that works their ass off. I DONT believe in allowing the 'Illegals' into this country to take from us and not give back. I do believe in Legal's coming here and learning our language and being productive.. As I have stated before, my Father immagrated here from Hungary in his 20's and got a job and went to night school to learn the language. He took care of his family and sent his kids through college. My Brother and I have decent jobs and pay taxes.
    I will admit right up front.... I dont have the knowledge to back up what I believe.... I KNOW what I think is right but I am not as knowledgable about the specifics like Grimm and others are. I just have my beliefs.
    So my thought is..... if you work your butt off and pay your dues... why do we have to get screwed???
    Thoughts????

I would like to know what you all think is a Bleeding Heart Liberal....
    Lets talk about this.....

Umm-you sound like a lot of people on here. I don't know who called you that or what happened...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You don't sound like a bleeding heart to me

um a bleeding heart would mean you wanted anybody in the country, be it illegal or not, to get all the benefits of society without earning them, you'd want to do away with prisons and put everybody into therapy, decriminalize everything...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

IMO, it's just a pejorative term that's used by Repugs to belittle those of us that have the sense to want everyone to have a fair shake at earning a decent standard of living. If Republican policies were taken to the extreme, we'd have the majority of the wealth held by a very few people, and the rest of us would be in virtual slavery to them, earning barely enough to get by. Oh, wait....

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

You sound like me and I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative. It is what most Californians are.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

I believe the same things that you have stated.

I think the reason that we "get screwed" is because greed is a part of human nature. Many people aren't satified wth equality - they want more. There is capitalism which can be good in theory, but can turn bad when it's unregulated (like what is happening now). It's also why some don't believe in social programs. Why should other people be helped - let them help themselves. Sometimes the people who get help become too dependent and complacent and don't try to improve. The problem is that the greed takes over. The rest of us are just trying to live our lives and do the right thing and we get caught in the middle.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm a 100% died in the wool bleeding heart liberal and damn proud of it. It's the bloody repugs that tried to make liberal a nasty word and they can kiss my sweet ass. So can anyone else who doesn't like it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    You sound like me and I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative. It is what most Californians are.
    That means you fit into the category Libertarian like me.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Thread Information