Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take your diplomacy & shove it - Fox News takes on Canada

Default Take your diplomacy & shove it - Fox News takes on Canada

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk[/YOUTUBE]

So they're trying to win us over with sweet talk? Cunning buggers.

an unusual name for a man? LOL nice faggot joke.

capri pants, another gay joke.

Secondly, they're comparing our mounties to their city cops? Retard, our mounties are your FBI, just with snazzier outfits. We have regular city cops who wear tactical gear while they're on duty. Your cops wear shirts. Ours wear helmets and bulletproof vests.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh these people are so fucking stupid. Is this what American media is like? No wonder the US is so fucking asinine most of the time.

Jesus christ.

I would love to go on that show and mop the floor with them. Bunch of homophobic, small dicked, blustery fucking nonsense.

and while we're on the subject of Canada doing nothing, how about we turn off the electricity to the northeast half of the US, the water to the southwest, the oil to the entire country and the wheat for your food industry?

Yeah. Thought so. Earn your fucking keep, thanks.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Of course it is important to remember that this isn't the opinion of America, but of FOX TV, which most Americans seem to regard as an embarrassment and a guilty pleasure form of entertainment. Like pro wrestling.

Well-it is a novel idea! A year off?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm not surprised by this clip, originating from Faux News. They all took their brains and stashed them in their asses. It's a marvel they can still walk and chew gum at the same time.

Just curious, has there been a response by the Canadian media to this clip yet?

Well I hear that George Washington gave the troops St Pat's day off during the revolution, but hat was for secret Masonic reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I'm not surprised by this clip, originating from Faux News. They all took their brains and stashed them in their asses. It's a marvel they can still walk and chew gum at the same time.

Just curious, has there been a response by the Canadian media to this clip yet?
    No official response but it as made some of the news websites, where people were less than enthusiastic.

It also seems like many of the people participating in the clip felt awkward about it. The question kept getting lobbed around from commentator to commentator like a grenade with the pin pulled out. When they finally handed it back to the last commentator for a closing comment his face just said it all - "Oh great, thanks, but why me?"

It isn't like it's a year long vacation. It's time desperately needed to repair and replace equipment and train personel. Canada's been in a particularly dangerous area in Afghanistan and is taking casualties at a disproportionally high rates.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

This might even be a prelude to American withdrawal. Washington quietly suggests that Canada withdrawal so that they can ease out with more credibility at a later date, with statements like "our forces are experiencing many of the same problems", and 'we can't move forward with out international support'. That allows the US to scale back without losing face. Pres Obama hasn't been in favour of the war, but the right is particularly restless after the stimulus plan, and might be looking for excuses to cross him.

I can imagine that Pres Obama would dearly love to get the troops out, since Dick Cheney's good friends at Halliburton still run the show over there, and they're well known backers of the Reptilian Party.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; March 22nd, 2009 at 09:40 PM.

I saw this last night on fark. I've never wanted to punch someone through my computer as much as these fuckers. The host would probably piss his pants if confronted by a few army/navy/air cadets.

Is it weird that I want to see if someone like Jon Stewart responds to this?

God that pissed me off. Do they not realize that we're fighting in Afghanistan?? Where the REAL terrorists are. As much as I dislike Don Cherry, this past weekend he showed pictured of the latest soldiers killed in Afghanistan. One of them was 18. Don Cherry got chocked up and I lost it. 18!! That kid should be hanging with his friends playing video games and having a cold Blue.
    Fuck you Fox, we pull our own weight. We just don't go around wanting our backs patted all the time! Assholes! I need a beer and a poutine!

and we've been in Afghanistan since 2002 holding it together with a spit and a prayer, AGAIN cleaning up America's mess while they fucked off to Iraq FOR NO REASON.

So really, STFU, Take your mess back. Someone draft these retards.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"
    UPDATE: Greg Gutfeld, host of the Red Eye on Fox News, has apologized for mocking the Canadian Forces.
    "... I realize that my words may have been misunderstood. It was not my intent to disrespect the brave men, women and families of the Canadian military, and for that I apologize. Red Eye is a satirical take on the news, in which all topics are addressed in a lighthearted, humorous and ridiculous manner," he said in a statement."

Source
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Still, any reaction from the Canadian government or media? Any editorials yet?

"Defence Minister Peter MacKay requested an apology just before leaving for Canadian Forces Base Trenton, where he was to attend a homecoming ceremony with the families of the latest soldiers killed. “It's crass, it's insensitive, it's in fact disgusting, given the timing,” Mr. MacKay told CTV News.

“There should be an apology — to the families in particular, and to the Canadian Forces and to Canada generally — given the sacrifice and the commitment that we've demonstrated in Afghanistan.”

Canadian soldiers have been fighting in Afghanistan since 2001 and have spent the last four years in the country's most violent region. Canada has lost 116 soldiers in Afghanistan, the highest casualty rate among allied countries fighting there.

Earlier Monday, a spokesman stressed that the Canadian government specifically wanted an apology from the panelists who made the wisecracks — and not just from the Fox network at large.

“These are despicable, hurtful and ignorant comments,” said Dan Dugas, a spokesman for Mr. MacKay.

“I think that so-called comedian should stare in the camera at his first opportunity and apologize to all of the families of people he's hurt with these despicable comments.

“And he's got to say, 'I was misinformed. I was ignorant of the truth and the contribution of the Canadian Forces to the war on terror, and I want to take it back. I know as a comedian that I can fail sometimes; I failed miserably at this so-called comedy.'

“And his panelists should say the same.”"
    globeandmail.com: Fox News host apologizes to Canada

-------------------------------------------
    snicker.
    Comedian's Edmonton gig cancelled over joke about military

^Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information