Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin refuses stimulus cash for education, public safety, social services...

Angry Sarah Palin refuses stimulus cash for education, public safety, social services...

Via the Anchorage Daily News, we learn that the Governor of Alaska is rejecting almost half of Alaska's stimulus money -- and education is the biggest casualty. She can't let the Governors of South Carolina and Louisiana outdo her. This is like the first Republican primary of 2012:

Gov. Sarah Palin just told reporters that she’s accepting only 55 percent of the federal economic stimulus money being offered to Alaska. The governor said that she will accept only about $514 million of the $930 million headed to the state.

“We are not requesting funds intended to just grow government. We are not requesting more money for normal day-to-day operations of government as part of this economic stimulus package. In essence we say no to operating funds for more positions in government,” Palin said.

The biggest single chunk of stimulus money that Palin is turning down is $160 million for education. There’s also $17 million in Department of Labor funds (vocational rehabilitation services, unemployment services, etc.), about $9 million for Health and Social Services and about $7 million for Public Safety. The full list and the specifics aren’t available from the governor’s budget department yet.

The legislature can override Palin. Education is just not a priority for Sarah Palin -- either for her state or, apparently, her family.

NOTE FROM JOHN: Turning down money for health, social services, and public safety. Then again, Palin always did have a problem with women who were raped, so perhaps this isn't surprising.

Of course, the larger issue here is that by turning down stimulus monies, Republican governors are jeopardizing the success of the stimulus overall. They are jeopardizing our effort to avoid a depression. All because they want to run for president in four years. It's just not clear what will be left in four years for them to run for after their politicization of the economic crisis risks sending our country into another Great Depression by gutting the impact of the stimulus. Folks, these people simply don't care about the consequences of their actions. Whether it's sending our troops into harm's way for a lie, without the right equipment, number of men, or a plan for victory, or turning away stimulus money needed to jump start the entire US and world economy. They just don't care. Winning is everything.

Maybe Sarah Palin is getting some kooky advice from her Scientologist buddy.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    stupid fucking animal killing WHORE
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Give money to education and the next thing you know the kids are goin' to wanna finish high school! That'll bankrupt the state! Geez.

Nah, they should just get pregnant, and live on welfare.

At least their new (Democrat) Senator is speaking out:

At least we now have a voice of reason speaking on behalf of Alaskans, and it comes from Senator Mark Begich:

“I trust the legislature will do the right thing and take Alaska’s share of the money for education in the economic recovery package,” the statement quotes Begich as saying. “We owe it to our children to give them the most opportunities possible, and this is money fairly allocated to Alaska in this stimulus package.”

Thanks, Dad.
    The Mudflats » Palin says, “Thanks but No Thanks” to Stimulus Money.

How can people not see what a despicable shit person she is? I cant believe people were actually wanting this bitch to be our Vice President for fucks sake.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Well of course, she wants the people of Alaska to be as stupid as her, so they won't wise up some day and vote for some one smarter than her, like someone with the IQ of a lightbulb.

I don't think she wants to stay there as governor. She's gonna try for President, and, if that doesn't work, may settle for Senator.

Elite Member

Did anyone expect better from Palin?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    Nah, they should just get pregnant, and live on welfare.
    And have an engagement that last as long as their mother needs it for political reasons.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

fucking idiot! IDIOT!!!!!

She really is one evil evil feeble minded woman. HOW CAN ANYONE support her?

Michigan's governor said she will take the cash that Palin turned down.

Elite Member

Alaska has one of the highest dropout rates, unemployment rates, and accident rates in the country. Yet she wants to limit funding for education, unemployment, and public safety? Stupid cunt.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yes to teen pregnancy, no to education for our youth....yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    How can people not see what a despicable shit person she is? I cant believe people were actually wanting this bitch to be our Vice President for fucks sake.
    They're fucking stupid. It's the only logical answer. You only have to visit this site to see how whacked out they are: Conservatives4Palin.com

(3/20/09) It appears lawmakers in Juneau are feeling burned over Governor Palin's announcement yesterday that she was declining 30% of the federal stimulus money. The most controversial chunk of change left on the table was $170 million for education that has both lawmakers and education professionals stunned.

Lawmakers are apparently upset because they thought they had a deal with the governor on what funds the state would be keeping and now she has put them in a position where they'll look like the spenders while she polishes her appeal to conservatives who are courting her for 2012.

This was an email I received this morning from a legislative leader:
    Here’s the scoop on the Big Stim funding. Until 24 hours before her press conference, the Governor was going to accept most everything, and reject a few items that we all pretty much agreed were not acceptable. Most of the Big Stim money is really pretty benign and does not require unsustainable new permanent programs.

The issue became a big tug of war for control of the Gov between folks in state government and Sara PAC. Sara PAC won, literally hours before the announcement was made. Alaska was sacrificed again to the godless pagan illusions of her national ambitions.
    Stimulus Politics | AndrewHalcro.com

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
    Michigan's governor said she will take the cash that Palin turned down.
    Good for Jennifer Granholm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information